MCO Home IR Thermostat IR2900 Changed Z-Wave parameters

Earlier this year, I sought assistance from this community when I encountered challenges in including a new MCO Home device, the IR Thermostat IR2900, in OpenHAB. With the valuable tips provided, I successfully added the new device to the Z-Wave database on opensmarthouse.org (OpenSmartHouse Z-Wave Device Database) and everything worked seamlessly after the subsequent Z-Wave Binding database update. You can find the previous thread that led to the resolution here.

Recently, I purchased another IR Thermostat IR2900, encountering issues with OpenHAB channel detection (“This thing has no channels. Either the thing type doesn’t define channels, or they may be detected and appear later.”). Upon investigation, I discovered that, despite having the same part number, the Z-Wave parameters for the new device had changed!!

For reference, here are the Z-Wave parameters from the older manual:

And the new manual (scanned, as I couldn’t find an official online version):

I would appreciate your confirmation on my speculation that the recognition issue in OpenHAB is due to the changes in Z-Wave parameters for the newer device. If this is the case, could you please provide guidance on the next steps? Should I include the new version as a separate device in the opensmarthouse Z-Wave database, or is there an alternative option to include it as a new version of the existing device?

Thank you all in advance for your support and insights.