Mercedes Me Binding

additional feature request: the old binding had a “last update from API” timestamp, which was handy for spotting that the API connection had failed for whatever reason. I can probably synthesise this, but it’d be nice to have it as a channel.

Sure, this won’t be part in an official release.

I’m sure you cannot use this checking successful API requests. Each item has it’s own last update timestamp.
So Binding is running fine today (Sunday). But last tire update is still from last drive on Saturday

You should listen to Thing Status Updates to identify problems in connections because if I detect problems with tokens or whatever the MercedesMe Thing will switch to offline.

ok, thanks!

@weymann I managed to get it running after updating my OH to a newer version.

It is correct that it is not possible to lock or unlock the car with this binding right? i only can see the status of the doors but can’t unlock them. Because my idea was to unlock my car automatically if I open my front door between 7 and 8 on a weekday as I go to work

In principle it’s possible

1. Check if your vehicle is supporting this feature => thing properties (Pic 1)
  2. In UI commands lock / unlock are already taken into account (Pic 2)
  3. Readme shows lock channel is readable and writable
    Also mapping is mentioned so you can use it in rules.
    lockItem.sendCommand(0) will lock and lockItem.sendCommand(1) will unlock your vehicle

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

I got my EQB last week and wanted to integrate into OpenHAB to basically track mileage and positions.

I finally found this extension which, after some struggling with OH, I got almost working. I authorized, the car was found, I entered the VIN and now I’m greeted with:

What can I do to help debug this?

Edit: As text for later reference:

HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR
'void org.openhab.core.library.types.DecimalType.<init>(long)' 

I assume you installed binding via marketplace, right?

Unfortunately there are some problems in marketplace evaluating the right binding version. From the error you reported I think the wrong binding version was installed.

Which version of openHAB do you run?

I’m running openHAB 4.1.1 -Release Build- (looks like your screenshot). The binding says “Updated At
November 26, 2023 3:33 PM”.

Should I try to install the version manually?

Sadly openHAB Marketplace is mixing up versions. So first cleanup everyting mentioned in post here. (Snippet below)
Afterwards put linked jar in addons folder

Hi Bernd,

I’ve updated to 4.2.0M1, and it seems that the manual binding in the addons folder (4.1) is not recognized anymore.

Do you have a new version? or did you plan to fix the marketplace?

thank you so much
Andrea

It is now part of the OH official bindings (so the marketplace version may not be needed any more).

well, actually in the official there is still the old version (not working), no the new one.

Hi Andrea,

I’ve also updated to 4.2.0M1 and the binding in the addons folder was recognised and is working well. Have you tried

openhab-cli stop
openhab-cli clean-cache
openhab-cli start

Regards,
Boris

1 Like

yep thank you, it worked.

What I would like to say, is that till now the “official” version in the store is still the old one (not working anymore), and the version in the marketplace is the new one, but not the last one. If you like to use the last one (4.1), you need to put the jar file in the addons folder.

Hi Bernd,

thank you for this addon!

Unfortunately, I’ve some issues during the authorization phase. I’m running openHAB 4.1.1 and put the jar, linked above into the addons folder. It seems to be correctly initialized (anyhow, I’m wondering about the version 4.0.5, while the jar is 4.1.0-SNAPSHOT):

327 │ Active │ 80 │ 4.0.5.202311261329 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: MercedesMe Binding

I entered the correct Mercedes Me E-Mail in the bridge properties and I’m able to access the /mb-auth page, but unfortunately I don’t receive an e-Mail with the code. The logs don’t contain any entry from this addon.

Any ideas why it’s not working?

Hi,

are you using the jar posted here right? not the version official, nor the version in the marketplace (both don’t work for me).

Andrea

Thanks for the answer. Yes, I’m not using the official version nor the version from the marked place. I used the jar linked above.

Surprisingly, in this post, the addon version is 4.1.0.202309262106 , while mine is 4.0.5.202311261329 (I also confirmed this with the MANIFEST.MF file of the jar).

Is there a newer version available?

I have your identical version of the binding, on OH 4.2.0M1, and it works like a charm

Andrea

Any update on the new binding?

@Nephelo

No, 4.0.5 is fine - works for all 4.x.y versions.

You can set log level to TRACE to increase log output in console via
log:set TRACE org.openhab.binding.mercedesme

Hard to say with provided info. Did you

• double check correctness of email address?
  • check spam folder also?
  • region correctly configured?
  • is this the page you see after opening mb-auth page? Any log out after changing log-level mentioned above?