Mercedes stopped their support of BYOCAR API
Official Binding from openHAB distribution doesn’t work anymore.
This binding provides now a solution based on Smartphone SDK This is a breaking change and you need a new setup of your vehicles. See below readme for further instructions.
The binding provides access to your Mercedes vehicles.
Conventional Fuel Vehicle
Plugin-Hybrid Electrical Vehicle
Battery Electric Vehicle
Recommend read ist the readme for setup and provided channels. Especially setting up your account bridge is the most difficult part.
Bugfixes and enhancement based on previous 2.0-alpha version
command channel group
intelligent socket handling - keep alive if charging or driving to get live updates
trip avg consumption handling
full proto to json
Back to Alpha version! Mercedes stopped their API support on short notice. Therefore the backend of this binding is now shut down and it isn’t working anymore!
New Implementation is based on Smartphone SDK which comes with breaking changes. Your previously configured Bridges and Things will not work anymore:
different data provided
Check new readme to set up everything correctly.
Feedback highly appreciated!
I got the binding to work after following the very well detailed readme. All worked fine until a reboot of my rpi. Since then, both things (the mercedes me account & the car) have the status UNINITIALIZED. I don’t see any errors in the log, and what is strange, is that I can’t change a thing in the settings of the mercedes me binding. I can only delete the things, all other settings have dissappeared. It didn’t change after another reboot.
Any ideas what went wrong or what to do? (Openhab 3.2.0)
I don’t know which version you installed but during the first version 0.1 and the current v1.0 release candidate several changes were made which are not 100% compatible. That’s somehow not avoidable because I got some valuable input from the Community and also from the maintainer reviews.
I suggest the following:
Delete your things and items
if you’ve files rename .things file to something like .things-orig
in UI go to MercedesMe things to Channels and Unlink all and Remove Items. Then delete all things. Note: Removing items doesn’t delete history data!
In Marketplace uninstall MeredesMe binding. Give it a minute for proper deinstallation
Install it again from Marketplace to have the latest version
rename your .things-orig file back to .things or create them in UI with the same labels and your history won’t be lost
Maybe you need to authorize once again calling the http://YOUR_IP:YOUR_PORT/mb-callback URL but after you’ve performed the painful first setup this is one click now.