Mi(Xiaomi) Smart home bindings?

Sorry, I don’t understand. Im talking about he build ind speaker that normally speaks chinese to you. On the app you can play different sounds and radio.

Hi reinstalled the binding and now I have problems with my plug and the lights in the gateway not reponding. I get date from the units and can trigger rules with e.g. the magic cube, but sending commands to them does not work any more. No info in the log eighter.
Can anyone help?

Please did any one try this? and help? I made a new key for the item and tested it several times, once I plug turn off but then stopped reponding… nothing to be found that is iregular in log files

Hello!

When you update the openhab2, the binding is deleted. Have to install again. Is this normal behavior?
Thank you!

1 Like

Apologies if this has been asked but I am unable to find it. Do I need to purchase the Gateway / Bridge in order for this binding to work?

Essentially I would like to buy some of the wifi wall plug switches and a few of these Xiaomi wifi lights, will these work find using just Openhab2 and my wifi connection without any other hub?

Thank you kindly

@Moellegaard no AudioSink at the moment, since the documentation doesn’t specify the way to handle audio streams (i.e. radio). Hopefully it’ll happen in the future.

@theo69 I bought the wired wall switch but didn’t test it yet. It is supported already by the binding so you may try it yourself :slight_smile:

@Olymp yeah, it’s the nature of ESH Marketplace Add-on - you need to install the marketplace bindings again after each update.

@Lewis yes, at the moment you need the Xiaomi Gateway. Just make sure you have at least Gateway v2 (with radio support), because the older one doesn’t support the developer mode.
Xiaomi sensors/devices are essentially ZigBee-based, but the only way to make them talk to the openHAB ecosystem is to connect them with (cloud based) Gateway.
@chris makes some great progress with the ZigBee binding, however I don’t think it’s possible now to integrate Xiaomi devices with it.

2 Likes

Thanks it worked!!! :smiley:

Hi to all…

someone can help me? I’m trying to add this binding to my OH but I don’t see it in the paper UI. At the console appear if a type bundle:list

“185 | Active | 80 | 2.1.0.201704270648 | Xiaomi Mi Smart Home Binding”

but nothing else…

My OH is runing the beta 2.1.0 in a linux machine with Arch and I put the jar in “/etc/openhab/addons/”

Thanks to all…

You need to install the Misc>Eclipse IoT Market Add-On first, and then it will appear in the available bindings.

It’s also worth noting that every time you do an update to OH you will need to reinstall this binding again as you cannot set it in the addons.cfg file to automatically reinstall.

Done!!! Thanks a lot!!!

I have 18 Items and I can confirm that last Snapshot has an issue.
I try use it on fresh OH 2.1 but after some time most of devices are appear as OFFLINE.

218 | Active | 80 | 2.1.0.201704221211 | Xiaomi Mi Smart Home Binding - Works fine for me now only

Hi,
I downloaded binding from here:
https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.mihome/2.1.0-SNAPSHOT/

But I still have some issues:

1. Window Switch
    It does not update status until I Open/Close the windows. I leave it a couple of day without get it updated, as soon I’ll opened the windows.
  2. Motion Sensor
    It update last motion date/time, but only when movement is detected. If i restart openhab and no movement detected this value do not update. Motion Status is always to ON. I setup motionOffTimer to 5 (is this seconds?)
  3. Temperature Sensor works fine, it update values sometime after OpenHab restarted
  4. Switch work fine and I can use click, double click and long click

Many thanks for help

Marco

please consider, that as there is still development going on things change a lot. so it can be, that your config for the older snapshot does not work with the new one anymore.

@marcolino7
please use a persistence service in OH to store values and restore them after restart.

1. Window switches only update their state, when there is a state change (heartbeats still do not report correct states, perhaps will be fixed in future firmware updates from xiaomi)
  2. see above
  3. see above
  4. at least no problem here :wink:

Hi @dimalo,
thanks for explanation, I’ll setup persistence.
Only open poin, is second part of point 2:
“Motion Status is always to ON. I setup motionOffTimer to 5 (is this seconds?)”

Can you help me to troubleshoot?

Thanks

Hello All,

I have OH 2.1 (almost two months old snapshot) with market plugin) and just purchased and installed the binding through the market.

I added the devices through the app to the gateway, but i can’t find them through the discovery.

Only the gateway and bridge were discovered, but the temp sensor and the wireless switch weren’t.
I tried to add them manually but they appear always offline.

Any advices for a beginner with this binding?

Never mind guys, after three restarts of Openhab it worked :slight_smile:

Many thanks for the great binding…

Hi,
on gearbest there is in promo this Temperature sensor called Aquara:

Is this compatible with gateway and binding? My other temperature sensor are round this are squared

I’m new to OpenHab but I have setup internal Hikvision webcams controlled using an iPhone app, batch scripts and a Amazon Dash button.

I am now looking to monitor the humidity of my house. I am looking at Xiaomi (other suggestions welcome!) as it is battery powered and well built.

however I am hoping to use OpenHab to get the humidity of my house and send me an alert if it goes over a certain value. I am looking to not need to buy the Mi Hub and control everything fro my server using scripts using HTTP commands or API. Is this possible?

thanks in advance!

Hey marcolino7, I’ve actually got a couple of this and unfortunately they do not seem to work with the current firmware. As far as I can tell it doesn’t even appear as a usable device on my v2 gateway when I pair one of them. The connected devices count goes up by one, but I do not see it as a device in the Android Xiaomi App. So, my guess is if it doesn’t even work on the Android app/gateway, it won’t get reported to the binding. That’s what I’ve found so far in the debug logs -

2017-05-25 11:02:41.067 [DEBUG] [g.mihome.handler.XiaomiBridgeHandler] - Updated “last time seen” for device 158d0001720b48
2017-05-25 11:02:41.069 [DEBUG] [g.mihome.handler.XiaomiBridgeHandler] - Device 158d0001720b48 honored read request
2017-05-25 11:02:41.070 [DEBUG] [discovery.XiaomiItemDiscoveryService] - Detected Xiaomi smart device - sid: 158d0001720b48 model:
2017-05-25 11:02:41.072 [ERROR] [discovery.XiaomiItemDiscoveryService] - Unknown discovered model:

If anyone else have better luck, please do share. Hopefully, it will work with the v2 gateway with new firmware. I’m a bit worried that it might only work with the v3 Aqara branded gateway. Unfortunately I do not have one, so I can’t confirm.

hi @CoolWombat
I’m confised. Is there another gateway available for Aqara devices? Is this gateway backyard compatible with non aqara devices?

Thanks