Migration of Novelan/Luxtronic binding to OpenHAB2

It works for me as well.

I have just compiled a test version, which updates that value in another way. I’ll send you a download link as private message. Could you please check if the value is displayed correctly then.

Note: The channel is not writable in that version.

I think I solved the problem yesterday. Just deleted every item linked to the channels of the LuxtronikHeatpump Binding (with UI) and used my old (formerly deactivated) “heizung.item” file to retry configuration by textual definition. That works fine!

At this point I have no idea, what was the reason for malfunction. I’ll try to reproduce the problem in the evening in order to be able to test the version sent by PN.

EDIT: Wasn’t able to reproduce it. I could imagine that it was my mistake during item definition in UI. I used the same item names as in my textual definition before. Maybe that confused Openhab?! Sorry for taking your time. Please let me now if I should test the “PN Version” anyway.

Good to hear it works now.
No need to test the other version. will remove it from my server again…

Seems to be working great so far. :+1:t3:

The heatpump supports passive cooling but it will take some months until I can test that.
I also have solar but it’s not yet connected to the heatpump.

Thanks for letting me know. Do some of the channels for cooling at least have some values for you?
Let me know when you find some issue in the future :slight_smile:

Does someone have a .items file for the new binding to share? There was one for the old binding.

There is an example in the README of the Pull Request: openhab-addons/README.md at e06234d32d76a66156c32c276b743c689e99705b · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub
It doesn’t contain all possible items, but at least some of the most important ones.

1 Like

Is there still just the possibility to use this binding via the jar? Where is the currest version? The links are not working any more.
Is there any information when this binding will be available out of openhab directly instead of the jar?

It should still be available at http://stefangiehl.de/openhab/org.openhab.binding.luxtronikheatpump-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Regarding availability in OH. I’m not able to answer that. I’ve created a Pull Request to get it included here: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/pull/9669
It now depends on the project owners to approve and merge the PR…

1 Like

Thank you for your answer. This is one binding which is blocking me to go to OH3. Thank you for your work and hopefully someone of the owners will review it soon

The binding is working very good, I get all the information needed and can take action on the heating. Thank you very much for your effort!

I see in the openhab.log, that every 5 minutes I get the following INFO

[INFO ] [heatpump.internal.enums.HeatpumpType] - Unknown heatpump type code 82

How can I disable this INFO?

Hi @RobZe89
Seems you are having a newer heatpump. The heatpumps defined in my software version are only known up to id 79.
Could you check if your heatpump also serves a java applet? If possible it would be helpful if you could send me the applet by mail (stefan@matomo.org). You can download the applet at http://{yourheatpumpip}/wp.jar (at least that is the location on my heatpump)
Will then try to add the additional heatpump types and the info should be gone :slight_smile:

@sgiehl
Thank you very much for your help and effort by mail. The new model is now added and I have tested it. It works like before and the INFO message is gone. Good job!

Hi,
first of all, thank you very much for the binding and all your effort. I’ve installed the binding recently and so far most of it works together with my Alpha Innotec heatpump.
Unfortunately, the channel “SEC_Qh_Ist Power actual value” constantly returns 0. I’d be glad, if you can have a look into this.

are you sure that channel should contain a value? Does the heatpump report a value for it?
For my heatpump the channel actually seems unused.

I am not 100% sure that this particular channel is the one I’m looking for, but the Web UI reports a current power draw, called “Leistung Ist”. This is the value I’m looking for and the only one that seems to fit the the one mentioned above.

Hm… hard to say. I could send you a debug version that sends all values available to the openhab log file. That way you could check which channel id has a value that matches your current power.

That would be nice, thanks!

So let’s hope that @hilbrand is doing the review soon so it will make it into the release

Hi all,

I am using this binding (version 3.1.0.202102111958) on my OH3 installation, using it on an AlphaInnotec Heatpump (Type WZS, sw version 1.81). There are two channels which guide the boundary conditions of when the cooling becomes active, namely setting the number of hours the outside temperature needs to be above (channel “Einst_Kuhl_Zeit_Ein_akt”) or below (channel "Einst_Kuhl_Zeit_Aus_akt) a threshold.

These hours seem to be misformatted. I can send my values to the binding, but upon the next refresh cycle those values get overwritten by some other values by the binding. (I.e. 40 for “ein” and 30 for “aus”).

Is this a bug, or am i interpreting the values wrong? I assume those are hours because the 1.x binding used to set those as hours.

btw, the link above doesn’t seem to work any more, so my build version myight be outdated, but I haven’t found where the most recent builds live now.

Best,

Thomas