Migration of Novelan/Luxtronic binding to OpenHAB2

That should be the same as displayed on the heat pumps display, isn’t it?

Hi,

I have checked this now. The last string is not updated correctly. It must be in my case “Keine Anforderung” instead of “Heizbetrieb” if the heatpump is in standby.

best regards René

should be fixed and updated on the server

Hi,

wow that was fast. Its working now. One problem is still there I am not able to convert the flow rate to l/h instead of l/min. Do you have one more idea for me?

best regards René

did you define the item textual?

Yes
Number HeatPump_Durchfluss “Durchfluss [%.1f L/h]” (gWaermepumpe_Information) { channel=“luxtronikheatpump:heatpump:74a69a77a8:WMZ_Durchfluss” }

Maybe try
Number:VolumetricFlowRate HeatPump_Durchfluss “Durchfluss [%.1f l/h]” (gWaermepumpe_Information) { channel=“luxtronikheatpump:heatpump:74a69a77a8:WMZ_Durchfluss” }

That is also not workin as expected same value (l/min)

Maybe openhab doesn’t support that unit/conversion yet. Could you try if it is converted correctly when using m³/h instead of l/h?

Hi,

Thanks Stefan for your help. Somehow it is working but I have to use l/s instead of l/h than the value is correct. So I believe you have to correct the value dimension in the binding.

[%.1f l/s] 434 l/s
[%.1f l/min] 26040 l/min
[%.1f l/h] 1562400 l/h

correct value would be 434 l/h.

best regards René

So I believe you have to correct the value dimension in the binding.

As mentioned before, those values are 0 for my heat pump. So I can’t test that. I’m not able to make the changes atm, will do that later or tomorrow. Can you confirm that the value displayed when using l/s is the same that the heatpump reports in the settings?

Hi,

thanks again for the effort. My pump reports Durchfluss 405 l/h. It would be great to get this value directly without the need of conversion. If I use the number:VolumetricFlowRate the item is not working anymore with the CometVisu only direct number without dimension is working.

best regards René

Need to investigate that a bit more I guess. The heat pump reports the value as l/h. But the VolumetricFlowRate unit has l/min as base. So I multiply the value with 60. Guess that is the reason why the value is too high in your case.
Haven’t worked with CometVisu yet, so can’t say anything about item types ad conversion there. Maybe someone else can help here.

[%.1f l/s] 434 l/s
[%.1f l/min] 26040 l/min
[%.1f l/h] 1562400 l/h

correct value would be 434 l/h.

Had a look at the code again. And the calculation was actually wrong. Needed to devide the value instead of to multiply it.
Fixed that and updated the file on the server.

Thanks for pointing that out. Please let me know if it works as expected now.

Installed the addon for my Novelan SICV 6.2K3 heatpump this morning, will report later if everything is working as expected. :+1:t3:

Oh nice. Feedback is always welcome :slight_smile: Do you have any additional functions besides heating and hot water… like cooling or solar?

Hi,

I have checked your latest version. With the following item definition the value is ok.

Number:VolumetricFlowRate HeatPump_Durchfluss "Durchfluss [%.1f l/h]" <flow> (gWaermepumpe_Information) { channel="luxtronikheatpump:heatpump:74a69a77a8:WMZ_Durchfluss" }

But the problem as mentioned in previous posts is still valid. If I use the Number:VolumetricRate instead of only Number the CometVisu is not able to get the value anymore. Is it possible to provide an extra channel already giving the flow rate in l/h without dimension conversion?

best regards René

I guess this might be a general issue with openhab3 and CometVisu maybe?
Wouldn’t expect that’s it’s wanted to define the same channel multiple times to handle different units.
Maybe someone more familiar with OpenHab3 can answer this…

@sgiehl : Thank you so much for your work.

I am tracking data of my Novelan-Heatpump with persistence in openhab. I installed your new addon yesterday and got a problem with the value: Warmwasser Solltemperatur

The value should be 48 degree instead of 1 degree. I have no idea, if it’s a problem with the binding or with my configuration.
Maybe someone else can check if the value is equal to its Heatpump configuration.

Thank you so much in advance!

My openhab Shows me 51.5 and thies is OK