Milight binding - Finding bridge

I installed a Milight bridge IBox1 (the latest version 6 of the Milight bridge). I included the bridge in my network and it gets an IP-address and works fine with the Milight app. However, OpenHAB does not discover the bridge. When I install the Milight binding and search for things in the Inbox, nothing happens. When trying to manually configure it with its MAC-address and IP-address or hostname, it also fails. I am getting a “ERROR 500 - Internal server error” notification in PaperUI.

I don’t know what else I can try. I would appreciate if you can give me a pointer on what to do next in order to detect the IBox1. I’m using the latest snapshot (openHAB 2.3.0 Build #1277).

If you have not seen it, there is now a new way to get milight globes running in Openhab. The new opensource hub allows you to use either binding.

I saw it, but you can imagine that this takes some time to get it up and running, not to mention first buying the parts etc. Right now I only have two Milight bulbs I want to control, just to see if the Milight system is any good. But I cannot get it to work at all, it seems. Anyone have any ideas?

If I get it working correctly I will start the EspMilightHub project (couldn’t we change the name though to MilightEspHub or something instead, for others to find it more easily through sorting? :wink: ).

I mean, it must somehow be able to work right? Does anyone have any idea how to let OpenHAB find my bridge?

Apparently something was not correct as with a fresh install I am now able to get it to work. Auto-discovery of the bridge is not working though. It needs manual MAC address and IP address configuration.

That said, I’m now trying to get more flexibility by installing the open source hub.