Missing: A binding for Discovergy Smart Meters! :-)

As I no longer have the source code that’s not possible. But I think a 2.x binding should also work on 3.0, did you try that?

No it will not work. The namespace of the core classes has changed.

1 Like

Hi Flole,

that’s really bad luck. I just upgraded to Openhab 3 and I am again without a working Discovergy - binding.

As former FHEM-user my quick-fix (just took minutes) is just using the FHEM module and sending the data via MQTT through FHEM’s “generic_mqtt” -bridge. I am using this workaround also for a missing Oilfox - binding. Just in case others are having the same problem.

Regards,
Holger

I still haven’t updated to 3.0 myself as I had to migrate all my mqtt items to the new binding (those were more than 600 items, and the migration task is time consuming and I had to stop quite often because I just couldn’t focus anymore). Anyways, that is now almost done and I will need to take care of migrating other bindings including the Discovergy one. I had a brief look at the jar and it looks like I should be able to get the most important stuff back from the jar file so the migration should be mostly copying stuff from the old binding.

Thats the good news, the bad news is that I don’t have a lot of time at the moment, so this could very well take another 2 or 3 (or maybe even 4) months. I am very unhappy about that situation myself as my migration to 3.0 should have been done for quite a while now but still isn’t.

Hi @Holger_Richter (and others who want to use this binding on 3.0),

fortunately my migration tasks for 3.0 went faster than expected and I was able to make a build of the Discovergy Binding for 3.0 (or 3.1 to be more precise, but it should work on 3.0 aswell) already today. It is entirely untested, so I have absolutely no idea if it will work or not, I will hopefully finish my migration to 3.0 this week, and then I will also test this binding.

Anyways, as I know that some of you really want this binding and a binding with issues is better than no binding you can already grab a copy here (and please tell me if something doesn’t work so I can fix it before I encounter the issue myself :wink: ).

Also: Maybe someone can update the title as the binding is no longer missing :wink:

Really hope that this helps

Flole

1 Like

Hallo Flole,
thanks for beeing that fast with the new openhab 3 binding. Unluckily it’s not working:

Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.discovergy-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.discovergy [281]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.github.scribejava.core.builder; version="[6.9.0,7.0.0)"

Regards
Holger

I’ve updated the binding, now it should at least start up properly. Link is still the same.

Works great! Thank’s again, Flole!

I’m new to OpenHAB 3, adding the Discovergy webservice thing was ok and it’s “online”.
But I got problems to add the “Intelligenter Stromzähler” thing, what would I enter as “Smart Meter ID” ? The ASCII Serial as written on the smart meter itself (and also provided on the Discovergy monthly mail) ??? (my Discovergy meter is from Easymeter and starts with 1ESY.…)

Just use the automatic discovery, then it’ll automatically find it. It’s not the meter serial number (and I don’t know how to get the ID or if it’s shown anywhere).

Adding with auto discover will find “my” smartmeter but it will immediately go offline

2021-01-30 20:42:05.300 [INFO ] [openhab.event.InboxAddedEvent ] - Discovery Result with UID 'discovergy:electricitymeter:c46430d2XX:1c8db536bbd24a138d8ccb563b06a5XX' has been added. 2021-01-30 20:42:25.181 [INFO ] [openhab.event.InboxRemovedEvent ] - Discovery Result with UID 'discovergy:electricitymeter:c46430d2XX:1c8db536bbd24a138d8ccb563b06a5XX' has been removed. 2021-01-30 20:42:25.194 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'discovergy:electricitymeter:c46430d2XX:1c8db536bbd24a138d8ccb563b06a5XX' changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING) 2021-01-30 20:43:06.690 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'discovergy:electricitymeter:c46430d2XX:1c8db536bbd24a138d8ccb563b06a5XX' changed from UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING) to OFFLINE

missing is still the smart meter ID from “configuration: {}”, hence I was asking what to enter here…

The ID is the last part of the UID.

I’m also new to OH3 and downloaded Floles binding 3.1.0 via wget to /usr/share/openhab/addons, made a restart of OH but it doesn’t appear in the list of bindings/things/addons …
Does it need to be installed or registered to get this online?

I’m unsure about the file size, maybe I did something wrong during download. Floles file size is 1.9MB, on Raspi it is 12kB only.

Thanks in advance.

Using wget was probably your mistake. Download it in a Computer and then use scp, that should work.

hello together.

thanks for this binding :slight_smile:

would it be possible to add the two direction channels because I use it with buying and selling power in two directions (1.8.0 and 2.8.0) with my solar plant.

This would be awsome bec. otherwise the rule for charging the car and counting the power will not work.

Thank you very much
Ronald

1 Like

Hi @Flole

thanks for that great binding.

I installed the binding for 2.x. It works well so far.
However, since then I have regularly received the following error messages in the log file, does anyone know why?

2021-06-04 14:50:07.446 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-binding-discovergy’: Error:
Error downloading mvn:org.openhab.ui.bundles/org.openhab.ui.habmin/[2.5.0,2.6]

I also operate a PV system and would be interested in both meter readings.

Regards,
Jens

Hi,

I just got my meter installed and installed now as well the binding in my OH3, but I was wondering if there is any documentation available on the things and channels?

Can someone help me out with some examples on file based config?

Scuby

Works wonderfully under OH3.1 @Flole Thank you for the effort.

Will this binding be official in the future? I hope. More and more users will have a smart meter like this.

The last part of the UID does not work for me. Status of the thing changed to UNKNOWN. Any suggestions?

[ERROR] [y.internal.handler.WebserviceHandler] - Caught exception in ScheduledExecutorService of BridgeHandler. RuntimeException:

java.lang.RuntimeException: 400

at org.openhab.binding.discovergy.internal.DiscovergyApiClient.executeRequest(DiscovergyApiClient.java:105) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.discovergy.internal.handler.WebserviceHandler.readMeter(WebserviceHandler.java:171) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.discovergy.internal.handler.WebserviceHandler.lambda$1(WebserviceHandler.java:104) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:305) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:305) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]

Could be just a temporary error with the API. Or an incorrect configuration. For me this binding just works, at least most of the time. As you might know Discovergy started insolvency proceedings, so I am not sure if it even makes sense to spend more time on such a binding, for me it is clear that Discovergy was a mistake and a smart meter with a USB optohead would be sufficient and better for my use case, and cheaper aswell. I haven’t checked if the Discovergy meter allows putting on a USB optohead aswell, then just get rid of the cloud and get the values locally, apparently Discovergy had some issues recently aswell cause their IT department is mostly sick/gone… Just look in their forum