My new Smart Home Automation System with OpenHab2 - Work in progress -> Migrating to OpenHAB3 -> Migrating to OpenHAB 4

#OPENHAB3

In this video we see the creation of a #sitemap to set a #DateTime type item used for the activation of a #rule.

#OPENHAB3

Third and last video related to the rules activated by a Datetime item. Let’s talk about how to make the rule activate / deactivate via sitemap

#OPENHAB3

In this video, let’s see the steps to setup OPENHAB 3.4.1 on Windows 10

#OPENHAB3

In this video, let’s see together what are the steps to perform an OPENHAB release update on Windows 10
In the previous video we had done the standard installation of OpenHAB 3.4.1 on Windows. Today we see how to update this release to version 3.4.2, just released.

#OPENHAB4

New #OpenHAB 4 version is out. No time to sleep on it. Just finished my migration to OpenHAB 3, it’s time to migrate again.

Let’s test this new version with #Docker and #Portainer, on a #Raspberry PI 3

#OPENHAB4

After installing openHAB version 4 as a docker container on Raspberry PI 3, we migrate the data and configurations from OpenHAB 3.

First attempt with export and import procedure.

#OPENHAB4

Trying to perform an inline upgrade from OpenHAB 3.x to openHAB 4.0 M2. To install OpenHAB 4 I need to upgrade Java to version 17 on my Raspberry PI

#OPENHAB4

Upgrading OpenHAB 3 to the last available version: 4.0.0 M3. Let’s see also the step to install #Java 17, needed by OpenHAB 4

openhab3 - Swimming pool control panel with SONOFF and TASMOTA Step 1

Talk about OpenHAB 3, still my current system (soon to be updated to version 4), designing a small control unit for little swimming pool.
In this first step, I automate the control of the water recirculation pump and the detection of the water temperature.
I used a SONOFF DUAL, with TASMOTA firmware, and an outdoor, waterproof, DS18B20 temperature sensor.

homeautomation openhab smarthome raspberry raspberrypi automation sonoff tasmota temperature ds18b20

openhab3 - Swimming pool control panel with SONOFF and TASMOTA - The RULES

Let’s automate some operations for managing a little swimming pool. Let’s start by programming the switching on and off of the recirculation pump and monitoring the water temperature

homeautomation openhab smarthome #domotic raspberry raspberrypi automation sonoff rules tasmota #swimmingpool temperature ds18b20 #controlpanel

openhab3 on Raspberry PI 4 - Swimming pool control panel with SONOFF and TASMOTA - SITEMAP and Final TEST

I made a UI on OPENHAB 3 for managing the parameters of the swimming pool control unit…
…and final tests to receive a notification when a certain water temperature threshold is reached

homeautomation openhab smarthome raspberry raspberrypi automation sonoff rules tasmota temperature ds18b20 sitemap

openhab4 on raspberry PI 4 - Upgrade from OpenHAB 3

I finally upgraded to OpenHAB 4 from OpenHAB 3, restoring the OpenHAB 3 backup to a clean install of openhabian and OpenHAB 4.

homeautomation smarthome raspberrypi automation update openhabian

1 Like

openhab4 on Raspberry PI 4 - Problem solving after upgrade from OPENHAB 3

Summary of the problems (few!) that I encountered after the upgrade process and the solutions I adopted.

In particular the problems I had were about Javascript transformation no longer exists, missing speedtest binding and rules written for javascript engine to be modified.

I must admit that it was still a “painless” update, congratulations to the OpenHAB team

homeautomation openhab smarthome raspberry raspberrypi automation update openhabian

1 Like

openhab4 on Raspberry PI 4 - INFLUXDB Update from 1.8 to 2.7

I finally made up my mind and the time has come to upgrade influxdb from version 1.8 to version 2.7.
In this video I read part of the documentation to understand what are then changes between the two versions and what I will have to change after the update, which I will perform via docker container.

homeautomation openhab smarthome raspberry raspberrypi automation upgrade openhabian

openhab4 on raspberry PI 4 - Testing upgrade to influxdb 2.7 using a docker container

I use DOCKER to create a container identical to my current InfluxDB 1.8 installation to be able to test the upgrade.

So I clone the InfluxDB 1.8 container and perform a data restore to have a situation as similar as possible to the current live version.

homeautomation openhab smarthome raspberrypi automation upgrade openhabian

openhab4 on raspberry PI 4 - Upgrade to influxdb 2.7, change of program

While updating the docker image I realized that InfluxDB version 2 is only compatible with 64-bit architectures (my fault that I didn’t read the requirements carefully).
Although the Raspberry has a 64-bit processor, my current openhabian system is 32-bit, also because it is recommended for openhab .

So direct update on my current Raspberry is not possible.

While waiting to upgrade to the 64 bit version of OpenHabian, I was thinking about installing InfluxDB 2 on another PC / Raspberry to complete the migration and do the appropriate tests.

homeautomation smarthome automation upgrade

1 Like

openhab4 on raspberry PI 4 - Upgrade to influxdb 2.7 on windows with docker

I upgrade my InfluxDB 1.8 instance to version 2.7 on docker container running on Windows 64 bit.
Unfortunately, I cannot upgrade my original InfluxDB 1.8 on Raspberry because I installed 32 bit openhabian and InfluxDB 2 is only for 64 bit OS

homeautomation smarthome raspberrypi automation upgrade

openhab4 on raspberry PI 4 - Testing influxdb 2.7 on windows with grafana

After creating an INFLUXDB v.2 docker container on WINDOWS, I perform tests with GRAFANA using the flux language to display the data in the dashboard

homeautomation smarthome raspberrypi automation

openhab4 on raspberry PI 4 - Final test for influxdb 2.7 on windows with openhab

Here we are at the last step of my test of InfluxDB v.2 running on Windows on docker container.

I prepared a test instance of OPENHAB 4, using Docker on an old Raspberry PI 3 with the Remote OPENHAB Binding, an excellent addon for replicating OpenHAB configurations and having an environment immediately configured and ready with real data.

I then configured the persistence service using the InfluxDB v.2 instance and started storing the incoming data.

openhab4 on raspberry PI 4 - samsung smarttv Integration in openhab

I finally managed to integrate my Samsung SMART TV into OpenHAB 4, using the official binding.

For now I have integrated the basic functions for turning it on, turning it off and managing the volume, which however partially works.