Myopenhab cloud push notifications with picture?

Hi,

I’m pretty sure there have been discussions around this a while ago, but unfortunately I was not able to locate them.

Does the current myopenHAB cloud also support sending of pictures / icons within an Android push notification in addition to text?
If

sendNotification

supports pictures already what would be the right parameter to use this feature?

I’d like to send an IP cam picture with the ringing of the door directly via Android push notification. Today this works great with Telegram…

Regards,
Bernd

1 Like

… and Pushover :rofl:

Agree Sigi :wink: But wouldn’t it be nice if it would work with native Android functions and without an additional app?

2 Likes

sendNotification("Message", "switch", "high") will send a notification with the switch icon and severity “high”. The icon is visible in the notification list in the app and needs https://github.com/openhab/openhab-cloud/pull/175 to be merged for showing it in the notification itself.
However it’s just an icon and not an image.

Feature request: https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/issues/3715

1 Like

@mueller-ma Thank you for clarifying. Did you see differences in behaviour when changing the priority of a notification to “high”? To me it looks like they always come instantly once the trigger is active.

The implementation for this isn’t in the stable release for the Android app yet. You can download the beta and you will see the severity in the notification list. The priority can be any string you want.

The docs need to be extended, see https://github.com/openhab/openhab-docs/issues/479#issuecomment-403520362

Hi,

I tried to use sendBroadcastNotification including the new Icon and Severity option, however it doesn’t work for me on IOS App.
I cannot see the “rain” icon, nor do I see any Severity.

sendBroadcastNotification( "Test with Icon", "rain", "high")

Any idea what I do wrong?
I’m running OH 2.5.3.

Many thanks
Stefan

@timbms Does the iOS app show the icon in the notification?

Where should I see this? When a notification is sent while the App is open then the notification is shown on the bottom but without the icon.

Chiming in - same here where I can’t seem to get the icon to show (iOS app).

I have tried both Log and Broadcast notifications. The push notification does come across to my phone, and I see both broadcast and log notifications in the app, but no special icon. Just the standard openHAB icon to the left.

sendLogNotification("Garage Door opened", "garagedoor") sendBroadcastNotification("Reminder: Garage door is open", "garagedoor")

Have checked both openhab.log and events.log, nothing there I can find associated to notifications.

iOS app version 2.3.1

OK, scratch that - did a little more testing, and now when I open the iOS app and check the notifications tab, it stalls for a couple of seconds, then loads the list. (without special icons).

Checking the openhab.log, I’m seeing the following:

2020-05-19 12:38:30.818 [WARN ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Jetty request 20253350 failed: null
2020-05-19 12:38:30.821 [WARN ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Response Failure: null

Hi, I’m testing notification in my 3.1.0.M4 raspberry installation,
I found that notification is still WITHOUT icon, it is correct?

This is what i do :

// Rules per test on-off luce garage 1
rule “Test Luce Garage 1”
when
Item Luce_Garage1 changed from OFF to ON
then
Thread::sleep(1000)
Luce_Garage1.sendCommand(OFF)
sendNotification(“myemail@gmail.com”, “Test Luce Garage 1”, “light”, “high”)
end

Icon “light” isn’t visible on iOS app
Thanks