Myopenhab & iOS notifications problem?

Same here. I’m running OpenHab 2.3.0-1, the notifications section in myOpenHAB iOS app lists the notification messages, onlypush notifications do not appear to be working. I did delete the app and reinstall as a sanity check and no difference. I also confirmed that the iOS notifications are enabled.

Well, this was the case. I had mixed up our sandbox certificate renewal date with our production certificate date. Was just pure coincidence that we also pushed out a new IOS build. I am just restarting the last server process now with our new certificates, notifications should be working again. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Hey Dan, my notifications are now working again. Thanks for getting this resolved so quickly!!

I can confirm that it is working again, too.
Thank You very much for the fast support!

Push notifications are working again… Many thanks for the hard work Dan.

1 Like

it is working again, thanks a lot!

1 Like

Hello everyone
In some reason I stoped received the push notification messages again,
I can see the notifications in the IOS app but not in push.
Is it happening with my system only or somebody else have the same issue ?

My notifications on iOS appear to be working. I received a notification about 20 minutes ago as expected.

Thank you for your information
So where can be a problem?
In the application I see all notifications but no push notifications,
When I login to my OpenHab.org > account > Devices and trying to send a message to my phone, everything working OK
Push notifications arriving without any problems

Hello,
Additional information:
Every time when a message sent to cloud, In openhab.log I see the following worning:
[WARN ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Jetty request 20444723 failed: null
[WARN ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Response Failure: null

I found the problem :grinning:
In myopenhab account was two iphones connected with same username
After I created user for each device and delete all devices from existing account, the problem has been solved

Hi Dan, seeing this year old thread and having same behavior of notifications - I can see them in the app Notification folder, but no notifications pops up - just wonder if the issue with certificate could repeat now ?!

Petr

Same to me…no push notifications

Same here, no push notification for two devices. I have already reinstalled the iOS app without solving the problem. Myopenhab is receiving every notification from my server but doesn’t forward it via push notification to my iOS devices. I removed the devices from myopenhab account and recognize it again. Send a message via myopenhab to both devices and it doesn’t arrive. What else can I do?

same to me. I have reinstalled ios-app too and checked all other components. i think there is a backend problem with the openhabcloud. some of the maintainers should take a look on it. perhaps @digitaldan or some other…

i am wondering that no more posts here for this issue…

Having the same problem. Seems to be the certificate again
@digitaldan @timbms Could you please have a look

Just for the record, I noticed in the change log of iOS 13.3.1 that it should also fix some issue with push notifications on Wifi. I have just updated iPhone, but does not help. :unamused: My best guess is it is the certificate which was renewed according to this thread in January last year and is probably valid a year.

@digitaldan As far as I know the certificate from Apple is always valid for one year. That means it has to be renewed again if it has not been renewed again since January 2019.

Same problem here, start from yesterday.
I got the notification to openhab app but they not push to my screen.

Any suggestion?

1 Like

Same problem here since yesterday.
Both accounts get the notifications but they do not appear on screen.

Restartet Openhab several times, deleted the device connection. Still nothing.

Any guess?