Myopenhab.org down?

I can not log in to myopenhab.org also…
504 Gateway Time-out issue…

Become a member :grinning:
http://www.openhabfoundation.org/members/membership

I’m thinking about reverting to the hue emulation service, the skill is unusable at the moment. :rage:

Currently, the Alexa skill doesn’t seem to provide anything the hue emulation doesn’t. Personally, I prefer the benefit of local control.

I am able to log on now, but it says it is offline. Could anyone help with what maybe wrong?

Please see this post.
Note that myopenHAB is just a reference installation of openhab-cloud, which is all public and open source. So anyone who is familiar with node.js, redis, Mongo, etc. is invited to look at the code to make it better and more stable - PRs are always welcome!

Hi,

thanks for your note. I think most people understand that this is a free service and provided at best effort.

However, many people noted that the status page is not reflecting real user experience. I don’t know how the status is checked, but I have observed quite frequenty that the cloud service is not working despite the status showing green. That was also the case when I posted my note.

The only reliable indication seems to be that an issue has been observed that day. That’s usually a pretty good indication that something is not working properly. So the status page for sure has room for improvement. I hope it is not a simple ping. Adding a time stamp to the issue report would also be useful and probably not too difficult.

Regards, Thomas

Site appears to be down / not responding, although status page shows OK.

Nope, fully working for me.

I was actually referring to both home.myopenhab.org and the interface for the iOS app which were available shortly, then down. They both are not responding.

Thanks for clarifying Robert. I tried to login, which was working.
Our active monitorings and the status page are not able to track this issue atm.
While writing this, I was able to acces my basicUI through myopenHAB.

It seems to be working but response time is very, very slow.
Log shows cloud is connected, status page is green.
My Android app needs about 45 seconds to connect.

Would it be possible to build a monitoring job that watches for a response time above a certain threshold (say 10 seconds) and report that as yellow on the status page?

So, it’s not hard to setup your own server following the instructions on the github page, I just did it on a cheap ($3/month) vps and it’s working great. Might be something to think about if this is driving you crazy. :slight_smile:

I use the cloud service for multiple Things

• iOS app
  • iOS notifications
  • IFTTT integration

Is that all possible?

Not sure if you’re asking me but if you are, yes. The myopenhab app is pretty lightweight so there should be no problem running it on a small vps.

I just got the Alexa skill working on my own too which means I don’t have to rely on myopenhab anymore.

If you find the time it would be great if you could write a small tutorial, I guess there are many users interested in this (me too) :grinning:

1 Like

Yeah, I was thinking about doing that. The docs here are pretty good, just some minor issues but I was able to get the server running in an hour based off that.

3 Likes

Could you share your VPS specs please? If have been looking at running my own openhab cloud but was looking for server requirements.

Thanks in advance!

Not possible on your own. iOS notifications require the certificate/key pair registered to the developer account that publishes the iOS app.