Neato BotVac Connected binding?

Please excuse my bad English! I am also not a Java programmer, but I have some experience in software development. Scripting is ok, but it’s enough.
Send me your email address, then I can send you the jar file.

1 Like

Can you send me the jar, too?

… I sent you am pm …

Great Job.
Is your binding working with the D3 connected as well? I can only find something about the connected versions, but the d3 seems to be pretty new!?

Hi Bernd,

can you please send me your jar file too?
Is it possible to host the file and the code on GitHub?

Thank you very much

Any plans to implement appartment map functionality like in the Roomba binding (see below)?

Should not be that hard it’s now part of the API. Neato also has a MUCH better map, but I am not a developer. :frowning:

Anyone up for taking over this binding? It looks like Patrick has not been able to work on it. There are a number of things you can do with the API that would be nice to expose to openHAB.

findMe – Issue the findMe action on the robot.

getGeneralInfo – More information like: “timeToEmpty” and “timeToFullCharge”

startCleaning – Would be nice to set eco or normal.

getLocalStats – Lot more info: “totalCleanedArea”, “totalCleaningTime”, “averageCleanedArea” and “averageCleaningTime”

maps – Really would like to see the maps in openHAB.

Any takers? Happy to buy anyone a Neato for the work!

1 Like

That’s a very generous offer, Nathan.
Unfortunately that is beyond my capabilities :wink:

It’s really hard to find reliable information about the differences od D3 / D5 or the BotVac Connected.
It seems only the latter one provides the map.

However, is this limited by the App by checking, if it’s a D3 / D5 or Connected or is this also restricted by the API?
Does anyone have a clue?

I would like to have the map and I am unsure about D5 vs. Connected.
(the other option would be a Roomba 960… :wink:

Hi @sipvoip,

how do you know that map of Neato is better than the of the Roomba?
The screenshots I have seen look pretty similar.

… I sent you a PN

Friend has the 960, the maps for his house were a lot worse then mine, but since they both were not the same house it may not be a 100% fair comparison.

Alright, thanks.
Both do have real time maps, right?

Obviously both maps only show the final result - according to the information I found somewhere else.

Correct

Do you happen to know, if the limitation of the map (to the botvac connected only) is related to the Smartphone App or limited by the API?

If it is not limited in the API, we could eliminate the map restrictions for the D5
:slight_smile:

Not sure since I only have Botvac Connected units.

Is it also possible to display the map of the Vorwerk VR200?
If so, could you please share a screenshot?

Hi NCO,

no, the VR200 just use the firmware version 2.1.3 (Neato Version 2.2).
The version 2.1.3 does not support the cleaning map feature.