Neato BotVac Connected binding?

I got the D3 since yesterday and the Binding works (States are displayed correctly) but the Thing ist marked offline with the same errors you said: “OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Connect Timeout”

Nop… my Values are not set :frowning:

And my log-files say:
2018-05-12 23:33:48.513 [ERROR] [b.binding.neato.handler.NeatoHandler] - Error when refreshing state. Error: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Connect Timeout
2018-05-12 23:33:48.514 [INFO ] [b.binding.neato.handler.NeatoHandler] - Will get STATE for Robot Reinigungstante

And that entry is added every 15 seconds or so… I love it.

Nice is: He got the name of my Bot. That part seems to work.

I also got the key error with Python, Python3, Python3.5 and don´t know how to fix it. I successfully receive the Serial and Secret with pybotvac but cannot get the map.

Something broke again, im still on openHAB 2.2 and using your file @jfbarnard

I havnt changed anything, it just broke today. Any ideas please?

2018-06-15 18:42:16.727 [ERROR] [b.binding.neato.handler.NeatoHandler] - Error when refreshing state. Error: Could not find robot_serial for specified vendor_name

2018-06-15 18:42:16.727 [ERROR] [ab.binding.neato.internal.NeatoRobot] - Error when getting Robot State. Error message Could not find robot_serial for specified vendor_name

Just checked and it broke for me too. Maybe they changed something on the API since it was working properly for months before

Any update on this binding? Has anyone been able to get it working?

I just purchased a D3 and would love to integrate it into openhab.

All,
I am using org.openhab.binding.neato_2.0.0.201702202022.jar and the refresh time does not seem to have an impact, if I configure this through paperUI.
If I create the thing in the thing file:

Thing neato:vacuumcleaner:berling "Neato (Berling)" [ serial="xx-xxxx", secret="xxxxx", name="Berling", refresh=60]

Any idea?

Or could I use Neato 2.4 on a 2.3 OH stable version?

Yes you can use Neato 2.4 on 2.3 OH.

1 Like

Hi,
i install and created all for the cleaning map.

if i start the getlastmap.py i get e error message

./neato-botvac-getlastmap.py
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/urllib3/connection.py:337: SubjectAltNameWarning: Certificate for nucleo.neatocloud.com has no `subjectAltName`, falling back to check for a `commonName` for now. This feature is being removed by major browsers and deprecated by RFC 2818. (See https://github.com/shazow/urllib3/issues/497 for details.)
  SubjectAltNameWarning

The added Github Site didnt help.
Any idea?
pyopenssl is installed.

best regards

D5 on openHAB 2.3 (Synology) with the following binding:

257 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.2.0.qualifier │ Neato Binding

Works fine except for the “clean” command. Have to start cleaning via the native app, then all commands except “clean” work as expected. Tried to change “clean” to “start” to no avail.

Switch item=D5 mappings=[clean=“Clean”,stop=“Stop”,pause=“Pause”,resume=“Resume”, dock=“Dock”]

Log says:

[ERROR] [ab.binding.neato.internal.NeatoRobot] - Error when getting Robot State. Error message Timeout waiting a response from robot

…and sometimes:

[ERROR] [ab.binding.neato.internal.NeatoRobot] - Error when getting Robot State. Error message Could not find robot_serial for specified vendor_name
[ERROR] [b.binding.neato.handler.NeatoHandler] - Error when refreshing state. Error: Could not find robot_serial for specified vendor_name

Checked the serial number in the binding, everything seems to be fine on that end.
Any ideas? Thanks!

Hm … any updates or ideas? It seems that I have the same issue.

Any updates here?

1 Like

Any news for OpenHAB 2.5 please? My connection has been broken for months :frowning:

Hi

it was strange, but it solved the problem for me…

1. reset robots wifi
  2. re-add wifi
  3. let robot connect to myneato platform
  4. read secret with pybotvac (use python v3)
  5. add secret to thing file

after this I was good to go and have my Neato binding working again.

Cheers

@Pavion
thanks for your long fork support. I opened a github issue for merging your vorwerk changes to the official neato binding. I hope it works out:

1 Like