Need help with eBus to get working - beginner

I think you are having problems with your ebus device
Try to ask john30. Good luck with your self made thing

?? what do you think?
Strange, my device is a copy of v2.0, same components

All diods in the right direction? Verify your device twice and then try to reach out John. Your problem does not relate to openhab

ok, thanks. Bad news
Maybe usb/rs232 adapter problem ?
ebusd must be installed for me all the time ? or only for error searching ?
How must communication look when it’s ok ?

I checked complete schematics and also did a measurements according to the guide :

all values are ok

As per john30, “arbitration losses are quite normal on a multimaster bus, nothing to worry about”. I think your setup can still be ok. My own ebus adapter is also the FHEM v 2.1 inspired. Inspired as in I had my own PCB printed to suit a box to put it in. Initially with a Wemos d1 mini board and the john30 image, later on attached it to the serial gpio of a Raspi zero W i.s.o. the Wemos to attach more devices on a remote location.

With putty on your box, open the openhab console:
openhab-cli console
Password is normally “habopen” without quotes
Issue command “ebus devices” and show the output.
Use “logout” to get out of the openhab console.
Again, no need for ebusd as a man in the middle.

One more thing: what your ebus bridge has a channel (link an item to it) for roundtrip time. What is the value of that one?

but at this moment I have only bridge configured
no thing installed (I deleted when it wasn’t working)
in inbox now I have one standard

I added a item as requested
it’s zero

You do have channels, but you have no items linked to them. It would be interesting to see the values for received telegrams and the roundtrip time.

Also from your ebus items it shows that you are not receiving an identifier for any of the addresses, hence the ebus binding will not link the vrc700 to any of them.

also zero

But now you have installed ebusd, are your bridge settings configured to use ebusd or the serial connection?

strange. I disconnected adapter from usb and connected again
Now I have in ibox 4 devices :

and also values :

configuration is to serial connection

received value is still increasing :

roundtrip still the same :

Roundtrip time seems high. Should be <10000 I believe, but in my case it is about 22000. But I only have a Brink ventilation unit, so very little communication going on over the bus.

Anyway, what you could try is to manually add a VRC700 thing. In the things menu click the blue plus blow right of the screen, select ebus binding and then manually add a vrc700 thing (best to begin with the “general” one).

Slave address is 15.

Then just link a couple of general items and see if values come in.

Note that some channels have additional configuration possibilities (“configure channel”) where you can set openhab to poll that channel every x seconds (start with 10 and just let it run as a test, usually you don’t need to poll that often). Just try it out if this gives some values.

it’s comming.

so now question is why it’s so slow and unstable. And why device isn’t detected

“slow and unstable” is just a matter of perception. If it works, it works. Only a case of finetuning :wink:

Do you have ebusd and openhab ebus binding now running in parallel (did you make the daemon autostart, etc. like the screenshot in post #21)? Or isn’t ebusd running anymore.

When they are in parallel, possibly ebusd and openhab binding are colliding causing higher latency, and “unstability”. That is why I wanted to try to read your “ebus devices” in openhab-cli console without ebusd running. Just to try to get a device id for your vrc700.

First of all, stop the ebusd (“sudo systemctl stop ebusd”) and check if that changes your roundtrip time.
With ebusd stopped, run the “ebus devices” once more in you openhab-cli console to check if you now get device id’s. If both don’t give better (or other) results, we can always try to make things better by making ebusd and openhab working together.

clear. Thank you for your optimism. First I stopped a a ebusd. Then I checked again a roundtrip time:

and ebus devices from console :

“slow and ustadle” was also question how to improve. Don’t know if any other adapter is “better” or how to improve current one (other cp2102 driver or any other configuration or hw change? )

temperature measurement is still working, but a lot of others isn’t working

also data received is still increasing

I noticed you have an Odroid n2+. This board also has GPIO pins. Why not wiring your board to the gpio and cut out the cp2102 middleman?

Did you set polling on the other channels?

No experience with the vrc700, just my idea that it is easy to forget to set polling.