Need inverted Rollershutter Controls for Velux Roofwindow Rollershutter

I miss in the new UI a switch option for velux roller shutter controls. The binding examples use the option inverted=true and this is logical for use with Alexa, because in the Alexa App, the status of a roller shutter will be shown as opened in percent, not closed in percent.
So first I do this, but then the automatic generated controls in locations works wrong. The UP button drives the roller shutter down, the DOWN button up. So I changed inverted=false and also changed the Alexa definition in the item. Now, after some waiting time, Alexa closes right the roller shutter when using with voice command and the control buttons in locations also work fine like their symbol show, but in the Alexa App the status is now inverted.

As the result, I can’t change Alexa, but perhaps a definition in openHAB. I found over the search this for other roller shutters, but it seems that is not for the velux binding present.

The only thing I need is to switch the buttons for the item “Rolllade DachfĂ€chenfenster” from left to right and right to left, without changing the function behind the position.

As an additional information, I define my items and things over text files.

1 Like

Read the docs for the Alexa skill, there’s a section on how you can manually define all the interaction (rather than to use predefined ‘action bundles’)

You misunderstood me. I had this done and the voice command works in the right direction.

The wrong part is now in the Alexa App from iOS:

You can see in the screenshot, that the Rollershutter is 0% open = closed. But in real it is open. When I command: “Alexa, close the Rollershutter roof window office”, it closes the Rollershutter correct.

And because I could not change the Amazon Alexa App for iOS, my only chance is to flip the openHAB 3 Button in Locations / Device.

To be complete, this is the actual Alexa definition in the item channel and not the problem:

alexa="RangeController.rangeValue" [category="EXTERIOR_BLIND", friendlyNames="@Setting.Opening", supportedRange="0:100:10", unitOfMeasure="Percent", actionMappings="Close=100,Open=0,Lower=(+10),Raise=(-10)", stateMappings="Closed=100,Open=0:99"]

It looks like your concern is how it is represented in the Alexa app. As far as I can see, it is showing you the right information being 0% = open and I will assume 100% = closed. It is certainly not intuitive to see it that way but keep in mind that on the Alexa side, it only keep track of percent number.

You could use a proxy Rollershutter item if you are keen in having it represented the other way.

Also, if you want to have UP, DOWN and STOP buttons modeled in Alexa, you could use the example below.

It is to complicated. The default settings are good up to the time, the new openHAB 3 UI generates the Rollershutter control like seen in the first post. The velux binding need a additional setting not only for invert the values, it needs also a second option to invert the control like in this post for the zwave-binding.
In the Basic UI I had solved this with a slider and renaming the description.

Edit:

The translation for “Öffnungsgrad” from German means: how much it is open.

Agreed if it could be implemented at the binding level, that would be ideal.