[new binding] HSM200 / duplicate in database

Hi. I have an HSM200 which is essentially a mains-powered multi-sensor.

I see some recent discussions on here about something close to it (example: Problems commanding color of EzMultiPli ) but that’s talking about an EZmultipli product.

After looking in the database at that product I see it shares a device ID and type ID with the HSM 200. Since it also, physically looks the same, I think the HSM200 is a new version or just a duplicate. The database instructions say to start a topic here if there is a conflict, so, here I am. Thanks!

/cc @chris

I’m not actually sure what your issue is? You start by talking about problems commanding the color channel, and then talk about the device being the same as another one. Is your device discovered, and you’re having problems configuring it? Or is there another issue?

Can you provide the information on YOUR device - eg what properties is it discovered as? Can you provide the XML that OH creates? Without this it’s hard to know if the device is the same as another device.

Thanks.

Sorry for the confusion. That other thread isn’t mine, it was just an example of someone talking about what I think is an old version. Anyway:

• I’m using the release version of openhabian
  • My HSM200 isn’t recognized, just added as an unknown device
  • Attaching the XML

node7.xml (4.3 KB)

I see from the XML that the device is probably not pairing properly. I unpaired it and reset it tonight and have re-paired it. It’s a different node number now, but otherwise it’s still an unknown device in the UI (there doesn’t appear to be an XML file generated yet…?).

When it tries to pair I get this in the logs, but I assume it’s just info:

2018-12-14 21:56:24.589 [WARN ] [tocol.commandclass.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 11: Unsupported command class COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY_2
2018-12-14 21:56:24.593 [WARN ] [tocol.commandclass.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 11: Unsupported command class COMMAND_CLASS_TRANSPORT_SERVICE
2018-12-14 21:56:24.596 [WARN ] [tocol.commandclass.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 11: Unsupported command class COMMAND_CLASS_SUPERVISION
2018-12-14 21:56:24.671 [INFO ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Added new thing 'zwave:device:a41ba5e6:node11' to inbox.

I’m not sure how to debug further, or even if it’s something with openhab and the z-wave binding or something with the device itself. I’ll leave it on tonight in case it heals itself with more info.

I enabled zwave debug logging and deleted, then re-added the device. It still shows up as unknown, but maybe the log is useful?

openhab.log (14.3 KB)

<manufacturer>0x7fffffff</manufacturer>
  <deviceId>0x7fffffff</deviceId>
  <deviceType>0x7fffffff</deviceType>

2018-12-15 11:42:26.180 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 11: MANUFACTURER not set

You device does not report the data needed to be recognised.

First step is to update to the latest 2.4 snapshot zwave binding, then see what happens :grinning:
Make sure you perform all steps in this post, upgrade has breaking changes:

I updated to the 2.4 snapshot, removed the device, and factory reset it, before re-pairing. It was successfully detected as a “EZMultiPli Multi Sensor”. So, I think it’s just a rebranded thing and we can call this thread closed. Thanks for the help!

1 Like