It was a bug in the binding. It is fixed in the latest 2.5.6-SNAPSHOT-Build

3 Likes

What am I doing wrong? after update to 2.5.6

Actions not found, check thing ID

-EDIT-
cache cleared, new test
SAME error

MY mistake, all working FINE!

Good news. The PR was merged, so the binding will be part of the 2.5.6 Milestone. :checkered_flag:

7 Likes

Hello,
i would like to use the enigma2 snapshot version to implement an automation with my VU+DUO2. Unfortunately the link to the readme in the first post does not work (error 404). Where i could find the docu and mayby examples how to implement the enigma2 binding?

thanks for the fast response

1 Like

I have several different enigma2 boxes.
I’m using mainly the channel and the title in my sitemap to show the current program.
When you start the Media Player (EMC) to watch a movie, the title is replaced by ‘N/A’ and the channel is replaced by the title of the movie.
I think, it should be vice versa.
I’m using the official 2.5.6 binding.

Edit:
The same happens when starting the Mediaportal (which is used often on enigma2 boxes).
The ‘channel’ shows the title when you play something.

This is not a bug in the binding. It is exactly the result of the openwebif api. You can try it out by http://your-ip/api/getcurrent.

Hello @gdolfen,
you are right. Thank you for the Info.

Joe

Does it use http oder https? Also, how do I enter the port number in the config?
Because my VU has 2 web interfaces (standard and openwebif), I have them on seperate ports.

Have a look in the docs.
The OpenWebIf is supported on port 80.

That is a problem. When I activate both the old Webinterface and OpenWebif on my VU, then the old Webinterface will always listen on localhost:80 (despite what I configure) and so OpenWebif cannot listen on port 80. To make that happen, I have to totally deactive the old Webinterface.

So, it would be helpful if I could configure the port for this plugin.

Edit: One other thing. When the VU goes offline then the power switch should always go to OFF. I just switched off the VU (was ON) and the power channel stayed in state ON.

Works fine here with a VU+ Duo2:

Switch VuDuo2Power "Power" { channel="enigma2:device:vuduo2:power" }

Actually, all channels keep their previous values, if I go to the power menu of the VU and choose “Shutdown”.
The thing goes offline and the channels are not set to default values.
Perhaps this depends on the refresh interval. But even with the default 5s, there is a chance that the binding first finds the VU in ON state with valid data and at the next call, Open Webif does not answer anymore.
Therefore, I suggest that the binding resets all values when the thing does offline.

Works fine here, too.
You need to check your setup.

What can I do wrong here? I only changed the Refresh interval to 60.
Do you really power down your receiver or do you only switch to standby?

I am switching it off (which in your terms should be standby).
If you switch it to deep standby (which in your terms should be power down), you don’t have a smart device anymore :grinning:

My VU only is running when it is recording or when I am watching something. Otherwise, it is in deep standby.

It is OK that the thing in openHAB is then “offline”. But all the items of the thing should then be reset IMHO. It is not correct that the power item still reports “ON”.

Of course I can write a rule for that but it would be nice if the binding would do that.

If the thing is offline, it does not mean the device is off. If you turn off your switch, it will be offline as well, but still turned on, so it does not make sense to change state on OH side to OFF.

Hi, I am new to openhab, have installed openhabian v 2.5.6 release build.
Installed enigma2 binding to discover my VU Duo2.
Openwebif is running, I can connect via browser.
It is running on Port 12777

Added thing manual, used for host address 10.76.0.75:12777 but box is offline. User root & Password are entered correctly via Paper UI.
Do you have any ideas what I can check?

Regards!