New Gree Air Conditioner Binding

Thank you Markus for the great work!

I previously used the original binding and installed 2.5.10 from the add-ons menu (seems there are newer releases available, too). I use my Gree at my cottage and use the 8C function over the winter and longer periods of time I’m not there actively.

I wrote quite a while ago, before you took the responsibility over the binding:

However, the model I have GWH09QB-K6DNB8 that has 8°C heating function and I’m wondering how to figure out the command/channel of it to toggle function on/off using Openhab. The Gree Android app has it.

AND

Seems that this “opt”:“StHt”,“p”:“1.0” turns 8C heating option on and this off: “opt”:“StHt”,“p”:“0.0”

Is it possible to add the 8°C function to the app so there would be no need to use the Gree app to do anything at all?

What is the “8C heating option”?
Why can’t you just set the temp to 8C together with unit on/off?

It’s an in built feature to maintain 8°C so that nothing freezes.

I think it’s better that the air conditioner is used for that as if OH goes bonkers due to power outage SSD corruption etc., the appliance can still work on its own and not heating the premises to min 16C or not at all.

Here is a screenshot from the Gree app

ok, please create an Issue on GitHub with the prefix [gree] in the title

fyi: On 12/5 we’ll have a Virtual Teamup

The following topics will be presented:

• The Past, the Present and the Future
  • A Tour of the New openHAB 3 UI
  • openHABian Update
  • Bayesian Presence Detection
  • Innovative input devices for openHAB

More details: openHAB Virtual Meetup December 5th (Updated)

2 Likes

I created an issue as you requested :slight_smile:

@antonmies ok, I started working on this, please try the updated DEV build (for 2.5.x and 3.x)
Note: version of the jar has changed, make sure to delete the old one

A new channel safetyheat has been added, change to ON sends “opt”:“StHt”,“p”:“1.0”. However, with my unit I see that the command vector is send (now shown in the log), the next update is received, but the value in the status array still stays 0 (15th value). Please try with your unit, maybe it’s not supported by all units (e.g. mine also doesn’t report currentTemperature).

Latest DEV Builds/SNAPSHOTs: 2.5.12 - 3.1.0 - README

@markus7017 sorry for the delay!

I just installed the new version and can confirm that the safety / 8C heating function works!

Thank you so much!!

@markus7017 I wrote description about the binding behavior vs Gree APP behavior to the GitHub issue.

Sorry for the long delay, but I‘m still working on a Shelly PR. Hopefully I‘ll be done by end of the weekend then I‘ll have a look

Can some one help with setting up temperature? how can i do that. When i click оn target temperature OH show graph, and i didn’t see any buttons to set number with temperature.

1 Like

Wow… I cant believe how far this Binding has come :slight_smile: Makes me wish I still had a Gree Airconditioner :slight_smile:

Many thanks to this Gree Binding.
Using the design of the Matrix theme, I created a HABpanel controller.

2 Likes

looks nice, if you provide a step-by-step user doc I could include this s in the binding doc if you like

2 Likes

Thank you, it is an honor for me. Naturally I’ll make it (If my time allows it). Although this is not complicated, I would like to make the documentation supplement simple and understandable.
Thx again.

Hey.

I’m kind of a new OpenHab user, and i just can’t figure out how do i integrate it onto Google Assistant properly. I managed to get it work, but only the Switch types working, how do i manage to get it work for Number, and String functions?

First create a group channel configured in thermostat mode:

Group Gree_Modechannel "Gree" { ga="Thermostat"  [modes="auto,cool,dry,fan-only,heat,on,off"] } 

Then create your items

Switch   GreePower           "Power"                                     {channel="gree:airconditioner:210dfeb98f:power" }
        String   GreeMode_GA         "Gree mode"             (Gree_Modechannel)  { ga="thermostatMode" }
        String   GreeMode            "Gree mode"             (Gree_Modechannel)  {channel="gree:airconditioner:210dfeb98f:mode" }
        Number   GreeTemperature     "Temperature [%.1f °C]" (Gree_Modechannel)  {channel="gree:airconditioner:210dfeb98f:temperature", ga="thermostatTemperatureSetpoint"}
        Number   GreeWindspeed       "Gree Fan speed"                            {channel="gree:airconditioner:210dfeb98f:windspeed", ga="Fan" [ speeds="0=Auto,1=Low,2=MediumLow,3=Medium,4=MediumHigh,5=High", lang="en", ordered=true ] }
        Switch   GreeAir             "Air mode"                                  {channel="gree:airconditioner:210dfeb98f:air"}
        Switch   GreeDry             "Turbo mode"                                {channel="gree:airconditioner:210dfeb98f:dry"}
        Switch   GreeTurbo           "Turbo"                                     {channel="gree:airconditioner:210dfeb98f:turbo"}
        Number   GreeSwingvertical   "Swing mode"                                {channel="gree:airconditioner:210dfeb98f:swingUpDown"}
        String   GreePowersave       "Power save"                                {channel="gree:airconditioner:210dfeb98f:powersave"}
        Switch   GreeLight           "Light"                                     {channel="gree:airconditioner:210dfeb98f:light"}
        Switch   GreeHealth          "Health mode"                               {channel="gree:airconditioner:210dfeb98f:health"}
        String   GreeQuiet           "Quiet mode"                                {channel="gree:airconditioner:210dfeb98f:quiet"}
        Number:Temperature GreeCurrentTemperature "Current temperature"              {channel="gree:airconditioner:210dfeb98f:currentTemperature"}

Sorry for the late reply, i was kinda busy.

It worked, and as a newbie, this whole story is a kind of mess, i didn’t even use this binding, i was using the “default/official” one, because i haven’t find markus’s work. The others outdated.
Thanks for the reply, and for this awesome binding.

Ohh somehow Fan Speed doesn’t work. As i assume i should ask for numbers from the assistant right?