New logo for openHAB

Hm, the new Logo does not show up in the top left corner on my mobile browser.

Sorry if I was to offensive with my post!

I like the comparison you made but still Apple company has an apple as a logo!!!

I thought twice before I post as somebody and wasn’t me, for sure, spend time for the new logo which is highly appreciated but this logo is something that I and everybody else will see every time I’ll look for the application or just surfing on the openHAB webpages and I would preferred something else.
For example the previous logo was more into it.

Every change needs adoption meaning time to get used to so yes I will give the time for that as I don’t have something to offer in exchange neither took part on the design contest.

Looks beautiful, but I miss the house inside the circle without the label, I would think it is “yet another upload manager” :roll_eyes:

Sorry for being so critical :expressionless:

but this is always my fear when using a minimalistic icon design
 people might misinterpret it.

The house inside the circle is still there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It took a bit of time for me to get used to it, but I think it looks pretty smart. It looks really good in the paperUI too!

5 Likes

Haha, yes, this is more openHAB like. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t like to be a killjoy but the new logo is rather similar to a german right wing organisation/group (“IdentitĂ€re Bewegung”). Because they seem to use the shield from the movie 300 and the new openhab logo looks similar to that one too.

1 Like

The new logo looks very good, fresh and innovative next to other Smart Home solutions out there :+1: see: https://alternativeto.net/browse/search?q=smart+home

5 Likes

I fully agree with you. They are very similar.

You can’t please everybody, so take any dislike comments here with a grain of salt.

I think it looks great, and big thumbs up to all contributors you guys are doing a great job!

4 Likes

Simple but awesome

I like it so simple

Nice work! Thanks!
Will the iOS app get this icon too? :upside_down_face:
Would be great!

1 Like

Look like old logo

1 Like

In openHAB REST API “docs” the old logo is still being used.

I would also like to use the same font for my application. Is this a free font? Where can I get it?

When will the Team update the IOS App with new Logo?

1 Like

Work is in Progress

1 Like

Is there somewhere an svg version available? I would like to have it in my .sitemap to show the installed version of OpenHAB. :slight_smile:

I’m looking just for the logo without text.

Under which license is the logo?

Thanks for the new app Update and the New Logo :ok_hand:t3: