New Openhab app update empty site map!

There is a new version 2.1.4(24) in the Appstore.
Major issues should be resolved

4 Likes

Unless someone has a spare computer with the version of iTunes (12.6.5 - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208079), which still supports the app store and app installtions to iOS, it will be tricky. With that set up though, and a regular backup routine, it’s as easy as reimporting an older version of an app into iTunes and installing it again on your iOS device, after having deleted any problematic new version.

I still experienced the problem with openHAB 2.5 and version 2.1.4 of the iOS app, but it turns out I was missing the “label” tag in my sitemap definition:

With the label tag added everything works fine now, thanks!

@timbms: 2.1.4 fixed the “Empty sitemap” error for me (openHAB 2.0.0-1). Thank you for your hard work on the app and especially the super-fast help for the user base of the outdated oH versions.
Much appreciated!

2 Likes

Thank you.
The rewrite exercise in Swift was indeed way more effort than expected. :thinking:
We got start a whole new philosophical thread about motivation to invest your spare time in an open-source initiative. :joy:

4 Likes

Thank you, this has fixed my v1.8 issue locally. Still have ssl issues (see other post) but I can get round this for now.

Hello @timbms and all other contributors,

first of all thanks to you that you spent effort and time to

a.) create an update for the IOS app
b.) fixing the actual issue in short time and with quick responses to feedback

I (and for sure many others) highly appreciate this.

I just like to add - and this is fully independent of this IOS OpenHAB related App.
It is related to the complete home automation story:

After a while people get used to it. They use the system and the app may every day without recognizing it anymore. If it does’t work family members get upset. It is very similar to a non working internet. We do all a lot with it and feel very often quiet uncomfortable once it is not woking (even if it is only for hours).

This shows how important some of this things really are and how sensitive all that is. (no pressure :wink: )

Thanks again for fixing it fast.

Greetings
ThomasS

I fully subscribe to what you are writing. openHAB is turning into a critical tool in many homes and offices. We need to ensure that all versions are given proper consideration.
If we take a decision to discontinue the support of an old version we must communicate this clearly and openly.

1 Like

Ssl fix should be ready soon. Please participate in the beta testing

Beta 2.1.6(34) is ready for testing on TestFlight

Thanks, is there a testflight redeem code I’m missing?

Thanks
James

TestFlight is open for all Apple users:

Worked for me.
Ty.