New openHab2 EnOcean binding

Hi fruggy83,

thanks for your message. I think the “no repeat” option is a nice to have. At the moment I got a bit stuck with the virtualRockerSwitch which I think I need to “toggle” the FSR12. By the way the FUD12 workes in the same way as your FUD14 exaples.

Best regards,
Thorsten

Hi fruggy83,

I am sorry I have to bother you again. To toggle my FSR12 I have to send a RPS x30 command. I have used the generic thing for it and set in the mapping file

ChannelId|OpenhabCommand=EnoceanData(Hex)
genericLightSwitch|ON=30
genericLightSwitch|OFF=30

However this produces the following signal.

55000A0701EBF600000030FFC75D2500

Thus it sends 4BS data. I thought RPS should send DB_0 only? Have I done something wrong?

Best regards,
Thorsten

Hi fruggy83,

I get the virtual rocker Switch running and it works for me. So I don’t need the generic thing. However, I would appreciate to understand why the generic RPS sends DB_0 to DB_3.

Best regards,
Thorsten

Hi @ThAO,

did you need to teach in again, or did they work right away ?

Best regards,
Alex

Hi @Casshern,

I do not need to teach in again.

Best regards,
Thorsten

… however, currently it does not work for all of my components. Perhaps because the virtual rocker switch sends two signals “pressed” and “released”. In my FHEM setup I only have the “pressed” signal.

Hi @ThAO,

nice to hear :slight_smile:

The release-signal was really important to get my actuators (similar to your FSR12) to work - so i guess you need them too. But i also have one rollershutter-actuator, which has a problem with how long the press-signal gets send. I already discussed it with Daniel and he is working on the binding to get the “Rocker Switch” more configurable. This will probably help you too.

Best regards,
Alex

Hi @ThAO

I think the “no repeat” option is a nice to have

I will definitely implement this as a new thing config parameter. However I some more important things on my to do list. So just be patient with this feature.

55000A0701EBF600000030FFC75D2500

That definitely wrong. Give me some time to fix it. RPS should only send DB_0! You did nothing wrong, it is a bug.

I get the virtual rocker Switch running and it works for me

Glad to hear this.

Perhaps because the virtual rocker switch sends two signals “pressed” and “released”

Too happy too soon :thinking: Which componets do not work? My virtual rocker switch exactly simulates a physical rocker switch. All of my rocker switches send a “PRESSED” and when I release them a “RELEASED” message. However as @Casshern said, we assume that some components are sensible about the timing when the second “RELEASE” message is send. So I introduced a profile parameter “duration”, through which you can define after how many ms the “RELEASED” message is send. Maybe I should use negative numbers to suppress sending the “RELEASED” message.

Best regards
Daniel

Hi @fruggy83,

thanks looking at the generic RPS thing.

Using the duration for the rocker switch will probably work for me (I have to test next weekend). I need it for a PEHA actor for a roller shutter. Currently I send an A0 signal to open it. The shutter stops automatically. Sending the “release” signal probably also stops the shutter. So if I set the duration to a sufficient large number it should work (I hope). I have to check but probably the actor works as a relay. In general for a relay it might be useful to have the option to set the “release” independently in case “release” should be triggered by a rule.

Best regards,
Thorsten

Hi @Casshern,

actuallly for my FSR12-12V the “release” signal does not matter because I teached in an impulse switch. Under FHEM I only send one signal (A0) and it works. However the “release” does not harm for my case (it is ignored) except that I prefer not to send signals which are not needed.

Best regards,
Thorsten

Hi @ThAO,

I you want to go low level and make your hands dirty, you can use rules to do what ever you want. Just link an String Item to your virtual rocker switch and react on another item. Then you could do the following in a rule

rule "Low Level VRS" 
when CONDITION
then 
   STRING_ITEM_VRS.sendCommand("DIR1_PRESSED") 
   STRING_ITEM_VRS.sendCommand("DIR1_RELEASED") 
end

If you do not need a release you just do not send the second command. The profile does nothing more, except that you can easily configure the time between the “Pressed” and “Released” message.

Best regards
Daniel

Hi @fruggy83,

thanks for the hint. This is interesting to know.

Best regards,
Thorsten

Hello,

I have an wired Eltako 14 installation (FUD, FSR, FSB) and would like to automate it with openhab and this binding. Thank you Daniel for sharing the enocean binding. I have three issues:

1. Dimming the Eltako FUD14 with openhab over the UI is possible, but there is no feedback to openhab of the current FUD14 dim-state, when changing the value outside of openhab (in my setup, the FTS14EM switches are paired directly to the Eltako actuators). Could you please explain how to configurate the FAM14 and FUD14 to send the values to openhab? According to the manual, the top rotary of FAM14 is set to Pos. 5 for sending the confirmation telegrams (https://www.eltako.com/fileadmin/downloads/en/_bedienung/FAM14_30014000-3_gb.pdf).

2. Both teach-in methods of the readme didn’t work for me:
    https://github.com/fruggy83/openocean/blob/master/README.md

-Is UTE supported by Eltako actuators? I was not able to find any information.
    -there is nothing as a teach-in channel in the thing visible to me. So I entered the EEP to the thing and to the FUD manually with PCT14. Could you please extend the manual (with screenshots) for usage of teach-in channel?

3. Is it possible to use the binding in a wired setup? Currently I am using an USB300, but I would prefere to connect the FAM14 over USB to the openhab-server (raspberry).

Thank you in advance.

Best regards
Andreas

Hello Andreas (@Jako),

I also have an Eltako 14 Installation with the same actuators.

1. However I have not installed a FTS14EM yet. So I do not have any experience with it. However it already lies in my top drawer but I have not found the time for installation yet :wink:. If I understand the manual correctly, the main difference concerning the confirmation messages between position 2 and 5 is, that in position 5 the FAM14 uses a device list. Do you have set up such a device list with PCT14? If not, I would try to set the FAM14 to position 2 (I also use position 2).

2. Unfortunately the eltako devices do not support UTE teach in. This would make a lot of things easier. So you have to send a properly configured teach in message out of openhab.Using the PCT14 tool is the recommanded way for teach in Eltako 14 devices, as it is much faster than teach in through openhab. However you are right, that the documentation is far from being complete. As soon as I find time, I will update it.

3. Interesting point. Do you know that a FAM14 can send messages into the bus over the USB port? I did not tried it yet. I am not sure if it works. I though that you have to use a FGW14 for this kind of connection. I will try it this weekend.

Best regards
Daniel

Hi @fruggy83,

could you help me with another issue? I own two FABH63 motion/brigthness sensors. Do you think I can integrate the FABH with a generic thing. I have tried it but I don’t know what to put in the map file. As a minimal solution it is probably sufficient to get the full data part of the telegram and then using rules to extract the brightness and the motion information. Is this possible or is there a better way?

Best regards,
Thorsten

Hi Thorsten (@ThAO),

I think the best way would be to implement this EEP A5-08-01 to integrate these kind of things into openhab. Maybe I find some time today. What do you think, I would implement the motion detection part as a readonly state channel. Or is a trigger channel better for you?

Best regards
Daniel

Hi @fruggy83,

this would be really great if you could implement this because this is my remaining component to be included (apart from some switches which should work).

Actually I don’t know the difference between a trigger and a state channel. The only thing I need it for is to trigger a rule based on motion detection (motion=yes + some time constraints -> light on; motion=no -> light off).

Best regards,
Thorsten

Addendum: if I got it right I need a state channel to trigger for no-motion

Hi @ThAO,

if I got it right I need a state channel to trigger for no-motion

You are absolutely right. If you also want to detect no-motion you need a state channel :+1:
I finished the implementation of the A5-08 EEP class. Your FABH63 is somehow special (as most of the Eltako devices), as it uses the A5-08-01 profile but without sending temperature and with a enlarged illumination range. Therefore I check now the provided manufacturer Id during discovery to choose the special eltako profile for your FABH63.

New Thing

Thing openocean:lightTemperatureOccupancySensor:XXXXXXXX:AABBCCDD "Label" (openocean:bridge:XXXXXXXX) [receivingEEPId="A5_08_01_FXBH"]

New Items

Switch FABH_MOTION "Label" {channel="openocean:lightTemperatureOccupancySensor:XXXXXXXX:AABBCCDD:motionDetection"}

Number FABH_LUX "Label" {channel="openocean:lightTemperatureOccupancySensor:XXXXXXXX:AABBCCDD:illumination"} 

However as I am currently working on the integration of some new openhab 2.3 features (like dimensions etc), I had to push these changes to a new branch (OH2.3_Mods). This branch is not well tested by me, so use it at your own risk :wink:

Best regards
Daniel

ps: I will use this new branch (after renaming) as my dev branch in the future and merge it back to master when it is tested

Thanks a lot!! I will try at the weekend.

Unfortunately I got the following error using the branch OH2.3_Mods:

2018-04-28 18:13:56.573 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.openocean       ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.openhab.binding.openocean

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.openocean [210]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: javax.measure.quantity

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) [?:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1620) [?:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1599) [?:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1571) [?:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1514) [?:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1) [?:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) [?:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340) [?:?]

@fruggy83
Hi Daniel,

i wanted to say thank you for the great binding and the effort you but in it.

just setup my rocker switches without rules and it worked from the beginning.
i will see to setup my Nodon actuators next. till now i did not used them cause of the limitation of the EnOcean binding but now i can make finally use of them.

again, great work

Kind Regards
Matt