New Z-Wave Device for OH2: Please add Popp "Z-Rain"

Hi all,

can you please add Popp “Z-Rain” to the Z-Wave binding for OH2.

All details in the manual:
http://manuals-backend.z-wave.info/make.php?lang=de&sku=pope700168&type=popp

Product Page:

In HABmin it is “Unknown Device” - i will give Feedback.

Thx

Dirk

Please see the information here on adding devices to the database.

Thx for the link.

I followed the information, now I have to create an xml file in the device list.
Unfortunately I can not see the green button to do so (right, top) - how can I proceed?

The XML file is created automatically by OH once you include it into the system. It’s in the userdata/zwave folder.

Hello Chris,

thank you for your patience.

In OH2 userdata/zwave the xml.file for this node is missing and was not created automatically (node95.xml)
Another node I added yesterday is present (node94.xml) (Fibaro Motion Sensor).

I removed Z-RAIN from the network and added it again - no change.
I did a reboot - no change

For Popp “Z-RAIN” i can see in Paper-UI (things):

Z-Wave Node 95 (0154:0004:0011:1.1)
Unknown device

zwave_class_basic ROUTING_SLAVE
zwave_class_generic MULTILEVEL_SENSOR
zwave_frequent false
zwave_neighbours 1,5,11,12,16,21,73,93
zwave_version 0.0
zwave_listening false
zwave_plus_devicetype RAIN_RATE_SENSOR
zwave_deviceid 17
zwave_nodeid 95
zwave_routing true
zwave_beaming true
zwave_class_specific ROUTING_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL
zwave_manufacturer 340
zwave_devicetype 4

How can I go on?

Thx

Have you got the rain sensor to work in OH2? I run into the same problem. It is detected as unknwon device with no values. What to do?

Its added in the last snapshot build…

Can you provide a working item-definition and sitemap example?

Thx

Can you provide me your version of the snapshot: I’m using 2.1.0.201704232237

If this is the security version, then it doesn’t yet have these database updates as it’s from 2 weeks ago (the date on your binding is the 23 April). I will do an update later today.

Hi Chris,

just to be sure. As I understood OH2 zwave binding must read the whole zwave device, even if it is in the database or not, and should create a XML-file? This file can you use to update your database?

This file is not created until now. Which means for me, that the communication with this device is not ended.

Does is make sence to use newer snapshot? or should I wait for the device to fully read by binding?

I do not know have to wake up this device. I will open a ticket a POPP to know how this can be done.

Yes - this is correct. In this case it doesn’t matter what snapshot you use as it won’t work until this completes. You should work to resolve this issue first.

I do my best :wink:

Wake up the device lots of times (say, every 15 seconds for a couple of minutes) and use the log viewer to see what is happening. If you get stuck, post the log and I’ll take a look.

Looks good now. After some hits to the wake up button every 15sec it is alive.

2017-05-07 15:29:38.305 [WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 8: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 0154:0004:0011::1.1
2017-05-07 15:29:40.577 [INFO ] [ommandclass.ZWaveVersionCommandClass] - NODE 8: Command Class COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC has version 0!

XML-File if needed:
network_c2e5fc3d__node_8.xml (9.6 KB)

hello chris,

have you done the update to a newer version of the binding?

I want to use the popp rain sensor

Hi chris

With the newest binding 2.1.0.201705081517 the sensor is working.

But z-wave is very slow now. takes up to 3 sec for my roller shutter to work

Update:
The configuration part is missing on HABmin. Will this come with a later update of the database?

And there must be a change between snapshot 2.1.0.201704232237 and 2.1.0.201705081517. no z-wave device was working by default. I had to delete them all and add them again. Also the naming of the XML-files are different. Form “network_c2e5fc3d__node_1.xml” to “node_1.xml”. I think this has confused the system. After deleting of all older XML files and recreate them through OH2, it looks good now. But a lot of work :wink:

Only if someone adds it to the database.

The filenames change between the development version and the master version - you can’t just swap back and forward between these totally different versions - they are very different and if you want to do this, you will need to delete all zwave things and restart.

Ah, I understand.

This means there is a difference between

https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB2-Bundles/lastStableBuild/org.openhab.binding$org.openhab.binding.zwave/artifact/org.openhab.binding/org.openhab.binding.zwave/2.1.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
==> development version

and
www.cd-jackson.com/downloads/openhab2/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
==> master version

Which one will be the better one?
How to know in which version which device is working/implemented?