New Z-Way Binding

binding
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f6ce5f5f088>

(Mihai Badea) #121

Well, I just installed, added new items and linked them to the new channels.
Everything works great so far! I'll keep an eye on it and report back...
Many thanks Patrick!

(Mihai Badea) #122

I just noticed some messages in the logs... I didn't see them before, but that doesn't mean it's because of the testing version. Maybe I was not paying attention....

13:30:24.573 [INFO ] [thome.io.rest.core.item.ItemResource] - Received HTTP PUT request at 'items/Front_Door_Sensor_Battery/state' for the unknown item 'Front_Door_Sensor_Battery'.
13:30:24.582 [DEBUG] [.zway.handler.ZWayZWaveDeviceHandler] - Handle update for channel: battery-ZWayVDev_zway_7-0-128 with new state: 82
13:30:24.822 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Front_Door_Contact_LastUpdate changed from 2017-02-07T13:25:03.000+0200 to 2017-02-07T13:30:24.000+0200

Item was renamed a while ago from Front_Door_Sensor_Battery to Front_Door_Contact_Battery and I added today the item Front_Door_Contact_Battery:

Number Front_Door "Front Door [MAP(fibaro_contact.map):%s]" <frontdoor1> (Contact_Items, Doors)
Switch Front_Door_Contact (Contacts, Doors) {channel="zway:zwayDevice:192_168_200_202:7:ContactBinary-ZWayVDev_zway_7-0-113-6-Door-A"}
Number Front_Door_Contact_Battery "Front Door Contact [%.1f %%]" <battery> (Doors, Contact_Battery) {channel="zway:zwayDevice:192_168_200_202:7:battery-ZWayVDev_zway_7-0-128"}
DateTime Front_Door_Contact_LastUpdate "Front Door [%1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY %1$tH:%1$tM]" <calendar> (Doors, LastUpdate) {channel="zway:zwayDevice:192_168_200_202:7:lastUpdate"}

Who is trying (and why?) to PUT the new state to the old item?

(Patrick) #123

Hi,

This is because the observer (openHAB item) was not properly removed in the Z-Way module. Z-Way tries to notify the non-existent item. This is not problematic, but I should rework the Z-Way module.

Patrick

(Mihai Badea) #124

Hi Patrick!

Getting back to the "last seen" timestamp...
Where do you get this "last seen" info from? I'm interested in the "last seen" timestamp as the time when the device last communicated with the z-way controller.
It seems that that is not the case...
Here are 2 screenshots:

The second image comes from the Z-Way Expert-UI and you can see in clear the time when the device connected to the controller.
In the screenshot from my sitemap, there is another timestamp.
Maybe this is from the last time the binding scanned the z-way-server for devices?

(Patrick) #125

I've use the update time from the virtual device (http://YOUR_IP/ZAutomation/api/v1/devices/DEVICE_ID).

Timestamp from ExpertUI is much better, I will change this for physical devices, and keep the existing timestamp for "real" virtual devices.

Can you confirm that it is the value I can load with: http://YOUR_ID/ZWaveAPI/Run/devices[NODE_ID].data.lastReceived.updateTime

(Mihai Badea) #126

Yes, the API link seems OK.

(Patrick) #127

Can you please test the new version: https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/files/760560/org.openhab.binding.zway-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.zip.

However, the time of the last connection is only loaded if the value of the device changes. Therefore, the time could not always be quite up-to-date. Otherwise I would have to pull the time constantly.

(Mihai Badea) #128

With the newest test version the timestamp is the same with the one in expert ui.
I understand your point regarding the update of this value.
However, my purpose was to easily identify if some of the z-wave devices lost connectivity.
So... this doesn't help much in this regard...

(Patrick) #129

I can update the last connection with device polling. Then you can adjust the time in the bridge settings as you like it, for example every 300 seconds. Would it help?

(Mihai Badea) #130

Yes, that would be great!

(Patrick) #131

Please try the new version: https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/files/760867/org.openhab.binding.zway-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.zip.

The last update is now refreshed during device polling and when the item state is changed. The polling intervall can be adjusted in the bridge settings (seconds).

(Mihai Badea) #132

It's working great! The binding absolutely rocks!!!
Dunno whatever what binding settings are you talking about... I set the pooling interval in the Z-Way Server thing config parameters.

(Schnicki) #133

Patrick, first of all, a big thank you for your excellent work, which made me replace the zwave binding to z-way from the day you announced it. For me everything works fine since a very few releases after initial.

I follow this conversation with @Mihai_Badea (btw. thanks for your efforts, too) and just would like to know, who will announce, when and if your recent changes will come to effect for the snapshot releases of OH2?

(Patrick) #134

Thanks for your nice words! I can't say when the last changes come to effect for the snapshot releases of OH2. Currently there is a discussion whether the information of last update or last connection as channel is the right way. But I'll publish news here.

(Thomas) #135

Do I use the wrong version or is it still not possible to add linked items in channels?

I'm still jumping between openhab with its own zwave binding and yours with openhab on another server :slight_smile:

(Patrick) #136

Hi,

Changes of PaperUI that fixes the issue are not yet in snapshot build. I'll write here as soon as it works.

(Mihai Badea) #137

Well, I'm still getting those and the like...
Does anybody have any clue as why and who is trying to update an old item?
Where should I look?
It is somehow connected to the zway binding because I'm getting these messages only for the zwave items that I renamed. Restarting openHAB and even the system does not help.

(Patrick) #138

Hi,

Please delete old openHAB Items in Z-Way manually for the moment.

Can't get rid of HTTP PUT Info messages in logs since purging Items
Errors and Warnings - how to solve issues - z-wave
Any ideas on cleaning up some "GARBAGE" log messages
(Mihai Badea) #139

Damn! I didn't think to look there, sorry.
Thank you, Patrick :smile:
Using you binding I kinda forgot I have the z-way-server running :wink:
Keep up the good work!

(Avner) #140

The designer of ZWay emailed me that the software was designed for us on the Z-Way.ME UZB or RaZberry, but that I could definitely try it on an AeonLab Gen 5 zwave stick.

I got an evaluation license and I want to install the ZWay library on a Ubuntu (16.04) 64 bit machine nad try using the AeonLab zwave stick. If this will not work I'll get a UZB stick and repeat the test.
I'm following the instructions in here

In the section Prepare Z-Way Server I started z-way-server in the foreground.
In Openhab2 I found and added Z-Way Server 10.98.87.103 and filled in the fields according to the instructions in section Create and configure a Z-Way Bridge

Once I go to the Scan for Things and click on the scan button, I'm seeing
- In PaperUI no thing comes up
- In the z-way-server foreground I see the following message:

[2017-02-21 23:36:58.136] [D] [zway] ---------------------------
[2017-02-21 23:36:58.136] [D] [zway] Initialization done
[2017-02-21 23:36:58.136] [D] [zway] Job 0x07 (Get controller info and supported function classes): success
[2017-02-21 23:36:58.136] [C] [zway] Device is not compatible. Terminating...
[2017-02-21 23:36:58.136] [I] [zway] Removing job: Get controller info and supported function classes
[2017-02-21 23:36:58.142] [D] [zway] Worker thread exit point
[2017-02-21 23:36:58.142] [D] [zway] Worker thread successfully finished
[2017-02-21 23:36:58.153] [E] [zway] SaveData will not save data since it wasn't loaded. This is to prevent data loss.
[2017-02-21 23:36:58.157] [I] [core] Notification: critical (z-wave): Cannot start Z-Wave binding: Error: Bad data - communication failed

I'm not sure that I'm doing section Create and configure a Z-Way Bridge properly.
My questions:
- I received a license key for the ZWay library from z-wave.us. Where do I add it? (adding it in the ZWay binding in the password field did not help)
- If not the ZWay license, which password should be set?
- Does the failure message in the z-way-server foreground indicate that the AeonLab Gen 5 zwave stick is not supported, with the ZWay library? If yes, is the UZB stick expected to work?

Thanks,
Avner