Newbie question; how to add z-wave devices to OH3 database?

• Platform information:
    • openHAB version: 3.1

Hi,
I am new to OH and this question may have been answered many times before but I struggle to figure out how this works.

I have a “Namron Z-Wave Switch 16A 4512746” (https://www.elektroimportoren.no/namron-z-wave-switch-16a/4512746/Product.html). This device, and many other Namron devices are not in the database. This are used by many, at least in Norway. How can I get such devices added to the OH3 database?

The database can be viewed at OpenSmartHouse Z-Wave Device Database

On that page you will also find a link to the Database Users Guide which will go through the steps of getting an account and edit access to the database as well as adding a new device.

Hi, Thanks. I checked the database for all Namron products and I saw there a device I have but I cannot make it work (OpenSmartHouse Z-Wave Device Database)

When I add it to OH3 (Rpi 4 and Aeotech USB stick) it appears to be unknown with no channels recognized. It appears to me to be added in march 2021. I have installed the RPi-image with OH3 preinstalled. Is there something I need to update? I am pretty familiar with debian and the linux-part is updated.

First I think it was added in August, not March. There are two possible problems. One the zwave binding may predate when the device was added. Second as a battery device, it may need to be rewoken a number of times to be configured with channels.

On the openhab-cli console run bundle:list -s and look for the date on the zwave binding. If before August, need to update. I think you can add to the latest build in addons, but may need to update Xstream

Bob

Edit: the other option is to upgrade to 3.2 milestone 4. That should cover all the bases.

Hi.
Did you actually manage to find the Z-Wave Switch 16A you mentioned in the database?
I’m looking for the exact same device and I cannot find it there… wonder if I missed something.
Btw. did you manage to get this device working?

Hi,
The device must be added to the OH3 database, there is a link in one of the replies above but I have not had the time to look at it yet.

Database is updated with Namron 16A switch now, you need to update OH to latest snapshot.

Bjornar

@bjornare I can confirm that it’s been working for some time now… just perfect… but lately I’ve been doing some z-wave network debugging and realized that I would want to fine tune the configuration of this device to reduce noise from reporting. Then I noticed that none of the configuration command class parameters are defined. Is this something that would have to be updated in this DB? Do you know?

Yes. Parameters need to be manually added after the XML upload.