Nibe REST API

I’m sure I already got my build from that post… But let’s try again

If it’s still the same build number I can upload it again, perhaps something went wrong there.

Still the same:

255 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.13.202101281056     │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: NibeUplinkRest Binding

I uploaded it again and used the link to download it to make sure it’s the correct version.

If it doesn’t work for you you might need to clear the cache in OH. Stop OH, then run openhab-cli clean-cache (if on linux), and start OH again. You might need a second restart after a few minutes (without clearing the cache!) because there are som bugs on the first startup.

Build number remains the same, so guess I’ll have clear cache, but there does not seem to be openhab-cli command (I’m on Synology NAS)

255 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.13.202101281056     │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: NibeUplinkRest Binding

Then you’d have to manually clear everything in the userdata/cache folder, not sure where it’s located in a synology system.

But before you do that, can you see that the binding gets restarted when you put the jar in the addons folder? (e.g. items get updated or entries in the logs) Otherwise it might be that it doesn’t read the new file, perhaps due to permissions.

Can you get shell access on the synology? In that case, whats the output of ls -a when you’re in the addons folder?

Permissions were wrong, now owner is ‘openhab’ for all files. Nevertheless, build (number) is unchanged. Found cache-folder, should I delete everything under it? ‘org.eclipse.osgi’ is the first subfolder

Yes, it’s safe to delete. It just contains cache files that gets restored on the next startup. All configuration etc. will be kept. You should also delete everything in the tmp/ folder located at the same place. Hopefully it will load the correct version after that.

Okay, after deleting cache & tmp, build number is updated:

203 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.13.202102021721     │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: NibeUplinkRest Binding

Hopefully this is not the normal procedure for all updates…

No, it should detect that the file has changed and update the bundle automatically, not sure why the old one was kept instead. Hope everything is working now. You might have to delete your system thing and rediscover it to make it discover the problematic channel correctly.

1 Like

Now everything seems to work ok, even air velocity sensor shows correct value!

Glad to hear it!

Hi, for the S-series, Nibe uses other server to register / connect: api.myuplink.com

Is there a way to make the binding work for this? (or am I just missing something)

I haven’t got an account there, so don’t know how it looks, but I would assume it’s not compatible I’m afraid. It would probably need a separate binding, or at least a rather big addition to this one.

Today I’ve experienced multiple connection problems with Nibe uplink. @pacive, have you seen anything similar with your setup? Now this seems to have stabilized, as last error was 8 hours ago.

Yes, Nibe uplink seems to have had issues earlier. I even had to restart my heatpump because it didn’t reconnect on its own. It happens from time to time, most of the time the put a notice on the web page that they’re performing maintenance, but not always.

I’d be interested in this as well.
I quickly compared https://api.nibeuplink.com/docs/v1 to https://dev.myuplink.com/ (you an log into both using same credentials). and the only difference I noticed was the version. (v1 compared to v2). Otherwise they look the same. This obviously doesn’t mean there can’t be differences in deeper layers.
Nevertheless @pacive, if you go down the rabbti hole and need testers I’ll volunteer.

Thanks for the hint, managed to log in with my existing account. Unfortunately, both the api endpoints and the data structure seems to have changed, so would have to add quite a lot. I could try using the documentation, but would be impossible for me to test since I don’t have a compatible system. If anyone else would like to try the source code is at my github. I will gladly answer any questions to help out with the development!

I used the API explorer and got it to work - V2 offers less data than v1… noting on things like status. Contacted nibe locally, but no answer yet. The usefull data is the things o. Datapoints you see in the documentation

I can’t promise anything (quite swamped with work at the moment) but if you can provide some sample data from the different endpoints I could have a look at it.