Niko Home Control II

Of course 8884… Shame on me :wink:
It now works fine. Thanks @Bjorn_de_Plaa

In the OpenHab2 MQTT Broker configuration page where can we define the certificate file ?

I am happy you already are able to connect.

Unfortunately, the structure of the messages does not make it easy to use out of the box with the mqtt binding. An action in Niko Home Control is not represented by a mqtt topic. Mqtt is rather used in a request/response way instead of a publish/subscribe way. It would require a lot of rules to make it work, logic that already exists in the binding. The binding uses the mqtt api internally.
The current niko home control binding internally already uses the full content of the api, as published by Niko. I have a development version that already enhances it with some of the features I had not covered before. @bccrew has been testing with it.
The one thing missing is the change in authentication. The current way supported in the binding should still work, but I will replace it with the new way. You will then have to provide your password and certificate. It is a small change to the binding, but I don’t have much time at the moment, so it may take a few weeks.

Hi Mark,

please could you clarify this for me?
Unfortunately it is not clear enough, if I can or can’t upgrade my Niko Home Control I installation from 1.17 (NHC I) sw to 2.5 sw (NHC II) version. I have only Niko Home Control IP-interface (550-00508) at my site right now, nothing else (no gateway nor connected controller).
Is it necessary to add Connected controller to my site?
Would I be able to use your binding after sw upgrade at my site?
Are there any benefits using NHC II instead of NHC I?

I have openhab cloud connector connected into Google Home for remote control of the site right now.

Thanks.

@fcela You will not be able to use Niko Home Control II with your hardware. Only the latest connected controller can be upgraded if not yet on NHC II. In all other cases you would have to replace the power supply, controller and IP interface. I have done that, but there is absolutely no need if you are happy with your system.
The programming of NHC II is somewhat easier. And Niko extends NHC II functionality on a regular basis, not NHC I.
It is my understanding the main reason for requiring a new controller in NHC II, is extra memory in the controller. The new software does not fit on the old controller. NHC II still works with all components that also work for NHC I.
I extended the binding to work for both NHC II and NHC I. As I have personally moved on, I will need to depend on NHC I users if anything breaks on NHC I side for testing fixes. I have no intention dropping NHC I from the binding.

Thanks Mark, i have found the same in the meantime :slight_smile: .
Thanks for explanation regarding NHC II benefits as well.
So there is no reason to move on right now at least.

Just one more question regarding your binding.
Is there a possibility to fulfill the item tags when auto-discovery of items happend in the binding?
I have some issues when trying to use the items in google home/assistant through openhab cloud connector. I’m using the PaperUI right now.
There are strict requirements to fill up the item tags to be visible for google assistant.
The Google assistant supports the following tags right now:
(Official Google Assistant Integration for openHAB)
[“Lighting”]
[“Switchable”]
[“CurrentTemperature”]
[“Thermostat”]
[“Blinds”]

I had to manually generate the .item file and put the required tags to do so.
It is not the best approach, especially when changing the configuration in NHC sometimes.
Thank for any hint regarding this.

Can you tell me the answer for the hobby api?

Hello, in desperate need of some help. Did reading and learning but can’t get my NHC2 properly discovered / connected :frowning:

This is what I did already:
openhab 2.4 on raspberry pi
installed binding Niko Home Control via paperui
installed binding MQTT via paperui
dropper the 2.5.0 snapshot jar file in the addons folder

nevertheless: this is my error message and tried several times… Any help would be much appreciated!

2019-11-15 21:43:44.612 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘nikohomecontrol:bridge:443b00ee6827’ changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Niko Home Control: error starting bridge connection to UNINITIALIZED

2019-11-15 21:43:44.643 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘nikohomecontrol:bridge:443b00ee6827’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR)

019-11-15 21:44:18.299 [WARN ] [.MqttBrokerConnectionServiceInstance] - MqttBroker connection configuration faulty: host : You need to provide a hostname/IP!

2019-11-15 21:44:48.835 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘nikohomecontrol:bridge:443b00ee6827’ changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Niko Home Control: error starting bridge connection

019-11-15 21:44:51.543 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.nikohomecontrol ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.openhab.binding.nikohomecontrol
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.nikohomecontrol [256]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.google.gson; version="[2.8.0,3.0.0)"

019-11-15 21:44:55.366 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.nikohomecontrol-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.nikohomecontrol [256]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.google.gson; version="[2.8.0,3.0.0)"

@fcela What you ask crossed my mind as well. I may actually implement it when I find time. Note however that Google Assistant integration is being updated to work with metadata (as a better replacement for tags), so that might be the better path to take.
You can still have your items defined in paperUI and add tags through the REST API. That is what I did in my installation.

@Berry_Schoeman The answer is already in this thread. It is a number. But a little googling to find the answer gives the background info to it.
Note you do not need the hobby api yet for the integration to work. I will change the binding for this though.

@SGi You will need to uninstall the binding from paperUI before dropping in the jar. The bindingshould then discover your controller automatically.

Just use devoleper tools in firefox, if jou select the button, Where it says button disabled change it to enabled and you are in

1 Like

Thanks Mark. I have tried,but was not able to modify tags using REST API for paper ui items.
I was able to modify tags for manually inserted items into .item file only.
Unfortunately it is not what is expected when I have more than 100 items…

It would be great to have the tags implemented into binding, else I have to wait for Google assistant update.

BR.

NHC 2.6.1. is available for download now. With integration for IFTTT. But does anyone know how to connect?

IFTTT with NHC is ready to connect. And it works!

1 Like

Hi Bjorn,

It works but it seems Google Assistant isn’t working anymore with IFTTT?
I created applets on IFTTT for Google Assistant -> NHC but won’t work.

Grtz
Herm

I figured it out with some Googling, it was a number.
Also you had to replace = with : I guess to fix the JSON-code formatting.

Thank you, I solved the question.

Hi,

did anyone succeed in viewing the videostream of the videophone? by using the hobby API, the URL seems to be /pbhelper/stream.mjpeg, but it seems to ask for a login/password combo. Anyone an idea?

thx
F

hi @iamnohero

If you are talking about this product range, we can get you up and running :wink:

https://www.niko.eu/nl-be/producten/niko-home-control/ip-producten/videobuitenpost-productmodel-niko-b2288a3a-c2dc-47c9-8dbe-a5a200f12c86

Normally there are 2 ways of watching the videostream:

RTSP

rtsp://admin:123qwe@192.168.1.50/rtsp/video.av

MJPEG

http://admin:123qwe@192.168.1.50/pbhelper/stream.mjpeg
http://admin:123qwe@192.168.1.50/pbhelper/stream.mjpeg?width=320&height=240
http://admin:123qwe@192.168.1.50/pbhelper/stream.mjpeg?width=720&height=576?quality=80 (max = 100)

To get the list of recordings:

curl -u admin:123qwe “http://192.168.1.50/api/v1/video_list?button=1” (button = the actual button of the videophone, up to 4 I believe)

You will get a JSON reply like this

{
“ok”: true,“rv”: {“video_list”: [
{“call_ids”: [
“c3aa4549”
],
“time”: 1394113883,
“id”: “2”,
“duration”: 200,
“url” : “/recording/video-2.m3u8”,
“event_data”: {
“button”: 3,
“type”: “button”},

You can download recordings from the videophone like this.

curl -u admin:123qwe “http://192.168.1.50/recording/video-2.m3u8”

Actually, the videophone is a rebranded intercom of Robin Telecom, a dutch brand. Their API documentation is attached here :wink:

Have fun :slight_smile: How-To_The_Robin_API_v3.6.0_ENG.pdf (525.8 KB)

1 Like