NxPanel - Replacement Firmware for Sonoff NSPanel

Continued Development

Here we go again!! :slight_smile:

Hi, I going to spend some time moving this forward now. Updated the berry script for the fix of str as a reserved word in recent versions of berry, so that has been released.

Next I will try and clear up any bugs that have been found or significant issues that cropped up since last I worked on this.

Then I’ll look at adding some new things people might have thought of.

Initially, can you post any known bugs in replies to this post and I’ll consolidate them in this post?

Thanks.

Current bugs needing fixed;

1. Awaiting first bug
  2. Add option to set sleep timeout via command
  3. Add support for variable range in thermostat control

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ll add that option “timeout”:n

Many thanks Mike.
I have change newest nxpanel.be from ns-flash/berry, on startup I see on Display “Requires Berry 1.1.3” with beep code, what is wrong?

There is a news version of nxpanel too, you are using the older one. the new one looks for 1.1.4

if you have auto testing update enable in the config, it should have picked it automatically

but you can make by typing
AutoFlash
in the tas console

Anyone else then me that have issues with characters like å ä ö?

Unfortunatly Swedish words like Kök (Kitchen) and Sovrum (Bedroom) uses these letter :slight_smile:

This is the character set which is build into the hmi for nxpanel;

The ones you want seem to there, so I’m guessing it’s an encoding issue. it’s probably trying to send those in unicode or something

I think you’d need to ensure that the correct asci char was sent in 1 byte not the unicode char.

If i get time I’ll have a look, unless someone else already knows

Hi @m-home, would appreciate if you could post some examples for how use of the alarm panel, either a script example or the jsons to be sent.

Hi @m-home
It seems that the range of the temperature in the HOME_THERMOSTAT screen is currently set to 0-30, but I want to use it for water heating tank which has different heating range of 20-70 degrees Celsius
Is it possible to change the minimum and maximum temperature in the UI ?

@Alf, I’m not sure what you need.

The process is, you press number on the panel, then any of the action keys on the left. When you press an action key, the NxPanel will send the code and the action key out, such as;

21:03:33.845 MQT: tele/nspanel/RESULT = {"alarm":{"code":"123456","type":1}}

Type 1, refers to the first action key, marked ON.

The script you would need would just be a simple to check the code against sone stored value you have and then turn some switch on.

Is this what you were asking?

@dolphinBoiler , I’m not 100% sure how hardcodes those values are. I’ll have a look and see if the range can be specified is the refresh event.

I’ve added to the list here;

Hi Mike, do you have any examples of how to configure the media player screens? I’m using this in conjunction with MPD. I have managed to get the Current playing info. displayed but I’m struggling with how to get the playlists screen working.

1 Like

And one other thing - is it possible to make the Main Panel, i.e. the swipe right from home one a different layout? Maybe I’m being stupid but I can’t see where it’s set to 8 buttons and how to change it to a different layout. I would like to use the 8 button layout for a different page but obviously there are performance issues if you do that and there is another 8 button page.

Thanks

Yes, maybe I just needed to experiment a bit more, so will do that and add a sample setup in my docs, keep U posted if questions arise :blush:

Hi,
I have NxPanel running for several months now and I am extremely happy with it. I am so happy that I am reluctant to upgrade the software and break everything. I have the current version:

Tasmota 11.0.0 by Theo Arends

When I run the AutoFlash command using the console, I got this info:

11:45:00.516 NXP: Update check for ‘release’
11:45:01.535 NXP: Current version 1.0.7 is latest

@m-home said that the latest version is 1.1.4. What should I do to get the latest version without breaking everything ?

If it’s all working, just leave it for now. there’s nothing major in it. It’s really just the fix for tasmota 12, which seemed t break the ‘str’ being used int he berry script.

If you want to update, easier way is;

1. copy the latest berry script to the device using the berry console
  2. reboot
  3. in the tas console, type installnxpanel

Because this is a berry upgrade, not just an nxpanel one, it’s a little more manual. Both need to be in sync. nxpanel 1.0.8 required berry 1.1.4. if you just update berry, or just nxpanel. it will complain until both are in sync. berry never really changes, so the normal update in even simplier.

you’ll need to dot this update at some point tho to go beyond tas 11.

Thanks your help. I will thus stay with the current version. If it goes wrong, users at home will complain :wink: as they use it almost every day.

Hi, does anyone know how I change the main page to 4 buttons ?

Hi @m-home,

thanks for all the fantastic work and it’s good to have you back.

May I ask again, if it is possible to transmit the current play state for the media page (so it shows :arrow_forward: or :pause_button:). This would be useful for sync and refresh calls.

Second I still could not find out, how to use the playlist. Do you have any example to show us?

guys what is wrong with my payload:

Item 'nxpanel_weather_command' received command { "weather": { "temp": -7.6, "icon": "04d", "summary": "1.63 °C" } }

that I do not get minus before 7 degree?

Update: Fixed myself. “” for value were missing :slight_smile:

Hello,
i try too flash NXPanel under Tasmota 12.3.1, but after flashing something goes wrong.
The first screen after startup says i need Berry 1.1.4. I press OK and the second screen is without
Time but look likes ok. I think it is not ok, if the time 00:00. I try to flash an older Version as 1.0.8 and
i try to go back to the stock NSPanel but Nothing worked.
Now I try it the same with Tasmota 12.2.0 without succes.
On Tasmota 12.3.1 when i use installnxpanel in the console i get an error .
I see
"FLH:Something has gone wrong flashing nxpanel [bytes('0000)]
"NXP: Received Raw = bytes(‘0000’)

This doesen’t happen under Tasmota 12.2.0, but nothing change the Panel.
Nothing Change the Icon what i try under Openhab 3
I don’t know what can i do? I want that the process to be restarted and the panel flashed again, but nothing helps.
I hope i can find someone with the same problem and a solution.
which surprises me, the bar went to 100% on the first flash and the panel started by itself until the display that i need berry 1.1.4.
Greets Udo