NZW37 from Inovelli not a recognized Z-Wave device

that was probably me. I attempted to add the unit and it said the manufacturer was missing, so I asked for that. Then I was going to go back and do the unit and sihui had already added the device. But I’m still trying to figure out how to get the new stuff. I’m on a release build. I’ll try the uninstall and reinstall of Z-Wave again in case my timing was off.

Since you are on a release build it will always pull the corresponding release zwave binding and that will not have the new devices. You need to upgrade to the zwave snapshot binding.

Hi All.
What’s the latest on the NZW37? I’m running binding-zwave-2.1.0. I’ve tried to delete/add the Thing a few times as well as uninstall/reinstalled the binding. It still shows up as Unknown Device. I did check the database and I do see the device definition. But for some reason, OH2 shows the device as unknown.

Log Entry:
2017-07-07 16:54:32.813 [WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 5: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 0312:B221:251C::20.17

Questions:
For anyone who has it working,

• Could you provide details on how to get this device added to OH2
  • are you able to control each outlet independently?

Thanks!
-r

It’s probably not included in OH2.1 - you should probably try the 2.2 snapshot.

Attempts to Add NZW37 Inovelli Outdoor Plug (2-Channel) failing.

It is identifying itself as (015D:6100:6100:1.1). The 015D is the only thing in the string that appears correct or close. I believe that Manufacture ID is the old or original Willis ID. The 6100 looks bogus to me.

Manufacturer Label Description Version (Min) Category
Willis Electric Co., Ltd. ZW37 Inovelli 2 channel smart plug All Power Outlet
Willis Electric Co., Ltd. Zen24 Toggle Dimmer All
Willis Electric Co., Ltd. ZEN23 Wall mounted switch All
Willis Electric Co., Ltd. ZEN20 Smart Energy Power Strip All
Willis Electric Co., Ltd. ZEN21 Zooz Z-Wave On / Off Light Switch ZEN21 All
Willis Electric Co., Ltd. NZW36 show home, Inovelli 1 channel smart plug, ZWave Plus All after 1.0
Willis Electric Co., Ltd. NZW96 Outdoor Plug-in Module (1-Channel) All
Willis Electric Co., Ltd. ZEN22 Zooz Z-Wave Dimmable Light Switch ZEN22 All
Willis Electric Co., Ltd. NZW31 In-wall Dimming Switch All Wall Switch
Willis Electric Co., Ltd. NZW39 Dimming Plug All
Willis Electric Co., Ltd. ZW691 Show Home, In-Wall-Smart-Outlet BSI All
Willis Electric Co., Ltd. NZW30 In-Wall Switch All Wall Switch

There are also Inovelli devices and I’m pretty sure we have some duplicates between these two listings.

Manufacturer Label Description Version (Min) Category

Inovelli NZW37 2-Channel Dual Smart Plug All Power Outlet
Inovelli NZW36 Plug All
Inovelli NZW39 Dimmable Smart Plug All
Inovelli ZW37 Show Home, 2 channel smart plug, ZWave Plus All

Appears to be this device in the database.
http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/625#overview

zwave_class_basic ROUTING_SLAVE
zwave_class_generic BINARY_SWITCH
zwave_frequent false
zwave_neighbours 1,7,29
zwave_version 1.1
zwave_listening true
zwave_plus_devicetype ON_OFF_POWER_SWITCH
zwave_deviceid 24832
zwave_nodeid 31
zwave_routing true
zwave_beaming true
zwave_class_specific POWER_SWITCH_BINARY
zwave_manufacturer 349
zwave_devicetype 24832

I’ve uploaded my xml file, requesting comments/review.

12:41:22.119 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘zwave:device:f5a78b33:node30’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
12:41:22.122 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - Initializing ZWave thing handler.
12:41:22.133 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘zwave:device:f5a78b33:node30’ changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Controller is offline
12:41:22.154 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Controller status changed to ONLINE.
12:41:22.157 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Controller is ONLINE. Starting device initialisation.
12:41:22.164 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘zwave:device:f5a78b33:node30’ changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Controller is offline to ONLINE
12:41:22.231 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Updating node properties.
12:41:22.233 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ThingUpdatedEvent ] - Thing ‘zwave:device:f5a78b33:node30’ has been updated.
12:41:22.237 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Updating node properties. MAN=349
12:41:22.242 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Updating node properties. MAN=349. SET. Was 349
12:41:22.246 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Properties synchronised
12:41:22.298 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Property to update: switchall_mode, 255, null
12:41:22.299 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ThingUpdatedEvent ] - Thing ‘zwave:device:f5a78b33:node30’ has been updated.
12:41:22.301 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Properties synchronised
12:41:22.407 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ThingUpdatedEvent ] - Thing ‘zwave:device:f5a78b33:node30’ has been updated.
12:41:22.407 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Initialising Thing Node…
12:41:22.413 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Polling intialised at 1800 seconds - start in 1800000 milliseconds.
12:41:22.416 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ConfigStatusInfoEvent] - ConfigStatusInfo [configStatusMessages=[]]
12:41:37.277 [DEBUG] [ZWaveSerialHandler$ZWaveReceiveThread] - Receive Message = 01 09 00 04 00 0D 03 20 01 FF 22
12:41:37.284 [DEBUG] [ave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Receive queue TAKE: Length=0
12:41:37.290 [DEBUG] [zwave.internal.protocol.SerialMessage] - Assembled message buffer = 01 09 00 04 00 0D 03 20 01 FF 22
12:41:37.296 [DEBUG] [ave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Process Message = 01 09 00 04 00 0D 03 20 01 FF 22
12:41:37.303 [DEBUG] [ave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Message: class=ApplicationCommandHandler[0x04], type=Request[0x00], priority=High, dest=255, callback=0, payload=00 0D 03 20 01 FF

My bad here. I’m trying to configure a NZW97, the outdoor version. I need to go back and review my work.

Sorry Crew!

Tony

Recently picked up one of these.

Model NZW37 Smart Plug (2 Channel)
VER. 1.0d
Date 1217
FCC ID OXGZW36
Box UPC X001ALFY7X

It appears recent (and is, according to the manufacture date) and should be this, which is the updated NZW37, supporting scene control (named ZW37 in the database to differentiate it):

http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/745

Problem is, that device is 0312:0221:251C and my device reports 015D:2500:2500.

Is it possible my controller is picking up the ID incorrectly? A misconfiguration somewhere? Or do we need yet another DB entry for this?

Thanks!

It’s from a different vendor so uploading your xml to the database as a new device should solve the problem.

I’ve added it, in case anyone else encounters this version; will update the entry, if necessary, once I have the new DB and have had a chance to play with it:

http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/788

Thanks, suhui.

@chris - This ZWave database entry still needs review and acceptance.

Ready to test in Nightly.

FWIW, I pulled in the xml file from the database and tested with my configuration and everything works swimmingly. Also added the Willis mfg. ID version of the NZW97 (outdoor 2 outlet unit) to the DB and tested the same way.

Yes, I’m aware of this. This was actually only added 2 days ago and I try and do database updates a couple of times a week - not every day as it takes too much time.

I will look at it tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks Chris, I get you are probably swamped, and you have a real job too. I had sent you a couple of PMs over the past couple of weeks on this specific product. Since you didn’t respond on those I tried this posting as it seems like it might be the best route forward.

Thanks for your dedication!

I just bought a NZW37 and it is not recognized by OH2. I suspect an entry in the database has a typo. My OH2 generated the attached XML. My NZW37 device mostly matches the device mentioned in the database link below, and the photo is exactly the same, however the Protocol Version is off by an extra 0 (my XML says 4.61; the database says 4.061):
https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/788

Is this a typo in the database requiring a fix? I’m attaching my XML. Thank you in advance!

node2.xml (13.9 KB)

While looking for your problem on the Inovelli website I realized there could be different firmware versions for this device from this popup:

Maybe we need to differentiate the different firmware versions in the database. I don’t want to mess it up so we should wait for @chris when he finds the time to take a look at it.
From your xml file you have firmware version 1.1. The LED on the one without the logo seems to be switchable now (to turn it completely off)

1 Like

This is the same thing. ZWave version numbers are two separate numbers - a major and minor version - here major is 4, and minor is 61 in both cases. Also, protocol version is not used by the binding at all.

You haven’t said what version of the binding you are running, but you probably should use the latest snapshot as this device was not added too long ago, and may not be in the stable version.

2 Likes

That was it: I got the latest snapshot and it works just fine. Sorry for the churn; I’m still learning the ropes…

1 Like

Hi all

Brand new user here and this looks like the place to request this since I can not start new threads yet.

Starting my first entries into home automation and having issue with some of my hardware not being identified. Running 2.4.0-snapshot build 1369.

Hardware is the Honeywell z-Wave Tamper resistant outlet - Made My Jasco

Seems that this version is not in the database. Can anyone assist in getting this added? Here are the Details from Paper UI. I am sure that I will be able to help add more to the database once I understand it more of whats needed to do so.

|zwave_beaming|true|
|---|---|
|zwave_class_basic|BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE|
|zwave_class_generic|GENERIC_TYPE_SWITCH_BINARY|
|zwave_class_specific|SPECIFIC_TYPE_POWER_SWITCH_BINARY|
|zwave_deviceid|12595|
|zwave_devicetype|18770|
|zwave_frequent|false|
|zwave_listening|true|
|zwave_manufacturer|57|
|zwave_neighbours||
|zwave_nodeid|5|
|zwave_plus_devicetype|NODE_TYPE_ZWAVEPLUS_NODE|
|zwave_plus_roletype|ROLE_TYPE_SLAVE_ALWAYS_ON|
|zwave_routing|true|
|zwave_secure|false|
|zwave_version|5.25|

Thanks in Advance

Please post your xml file from your /userdata/zwave folder or go by
https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-database-guide

Awesome,

Just never notice the zwave folder created to find the XML’s. I’ll Work on Getting access to the database. Sorry can’t attach the file, I’m still too new to the community. Hope that a paste bin will work for you.

Pastebin Link