Official Google Assistant Integration for openHAB

myopenhab
openhabcloud
googleassistant
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f1e5a523d50> #<Tag:0x00007f1e5a523c10> #<Tag:0x00007f1e5a523a08>
(Kim Andersen) #880

But doesnt blinds assume it´s a “dimmer” type?? (0-100%)
I havn´t tried, but I would suspect the icon in google home would be a blind as well.

0 Likes

(Rolf Vermeer) #881

No, it is a blinds/rollershutter type. Or an OpenClose trait in Google action terms.
Icon is indeed looking like blinds

0 Likes

(Kim Andersen) #882

Just added the tags to my windows (Velux). They appear as blinds on Google home, but I can not controle them at all from the Google Home app… Why is that?

Rollershutter Vindue01 "Vindue stue syd-øst 1 [%d]"      ["Blinds"] { velux="thing=actuator;channel=serial#56:08:1D:26:06:29:06:C7" }
Rollershutter Vindue02 "Vindue spisestue øst 2 [%d]"     ["Blinds"] { velux="thing=actuator;channel=serial#56:08:1D:26:06:30:0A:CD" }
Rollershutter Vindue03 "Vindue stue nord-øst 3 [%d]"     ["Blinds"] { velux="thing=actuator;channel=serial#56:08:1D:26:06:29:12:03" }
Rollershutter Vindue04 "Vindue køkken syd-øst 4 [%d]"    ["Blinds"] { velux="thing=actuator;channel=serial#56:08:1D:26:06:29:08:7B" }
Rollershutter Vindue05 "Vindue stue syd-vest 5 [%d]"     ["Blinds"] { velux="thing=actuator;channel=serial#56:08:1D:26:06:29:14:5B" }
Rollershutter Vindue06 "Vindue spisestue vest 6 [%d]"    ["Blinds"] { velux="thing=actuator;channel=serial#56:08:1D:26:06:30:0C:A1" }
Rollershutter Vindue07 "Vindue køkken nord-øst 7 [%d]"   ["Blinds"] { velux="thing=actuator;channel=serial#56:08:1D:26:06:29:0D:0D" }
Rollershutter Vindue08 "Vindue stue nord-vest 8 [%d]"    ["Blinds"] { velux="thing=actuator;channel=serial#56:08:1D:26:06:29:14:5C" }

My garagedoor is a switch type. So if I understand you correctly - If I add the Blinds tag to this item, I can controle the garagedoor by saying either open or close?
(Its working with turn on/turn off atm).

0 Likes

(Rolf Vermeer) #883

I noticed the same. Voice commands work fine though. So things like open, close, stop and a percentage work fine. (Except for the inverted issue mentioned before)
I’d say this is fully related to how Google has implemented this though.

0 Likes

(Kim Andersen) #884

Humidity doesnt show, but should work.
However, I have not been able to get it to work for quite sometime now… I think it´s an Google issue… When I ask whats the humidity is in a specific room, Google tells me it´s unable to help. But it did worked some time ago.

0 Likes

(Kim Andersen) #885

I just tried voice command, asked Google to open one of the windows… It wasnt reversed, infact it send value 100 to the item.

0 Likes

[BTicino/OpenWebNet] New openHAB2 binding ready for testing
(Markus) #886

From my point of view, it would also make more sense to send the commands UP and DOWN instead of 0 and 100 for the voice commands “Shutter up” and “Shutter down”, as is the case with the default buttons.

0 Likes

(Kim Andersen) #887

Agree.
For doors, windows: open/close.
For locks etc: lock/unlock

0 Likes

(Wild Rat) #888

3 of my thermostats, that have “Mode” option are showing “Offline” in Google Home. But one that has only temperature are working fine. Previously all of them was fine. It all started recently.

0 Likes

(Kim Andersen) #889

Unfortunatly it doesnt work with everything. It wont work for switch type items.
I use a switch type for my garageport. When inserting the Blinds tag for this type will resolve in this issue, when asking Google to open the garageport:
Since my garageport is a switchable/contact. (it just need a pulse to start moving either way), it wont do using a rollershutter/dimmer.

2019-05-18 15:31:45.537 [WARN ] [rest.core.internal.item.ItemResource] - Received HTTP POST request at 'items/garage_bryggers_NV' with an invalid status value '100'.

So the item definition type has to be rollershutter or dimmer. I dont see how else it should be possible.
And to be honest, it makes perfect sense to me. Blinds/rollershutters/dynamic windows etc are not static values like on/off. They´re dynamic (ie 0-100%).

Therefore there is a need of a Tag to use open/close trait for switches or contacts (I believe contacts would make most sense for doors/windows(no dynamic) sensors as they´re in a principal matter the exact same as a relay contact. Unfortunatly door/windows sensors are often defined as switches, which is confusing. But that part has nothing to do with Google Assistant or the binding. In my opinion its a misunderstand of the right terms in the principal of a contact.

0 Likes

(Enrico) #890

Me neither, the google home app shows an icon with a gear in the top left.
Unfortunately this icon has no control button (On/off, open/close, %) so the only way to control the roller shutter is using voice commands.
It seems like this kind of item is only partially integrated/supported

Is everyone experiencing the same?
Thanks

0 Likes

(Corrado Dal Canton) #891

same here! and plus now I am not able to sync devices both on assistant and google home: it says there is an error in the sync process.

0 Likes

(Rolf Vermeer) #892

Actually it does:

https://developers.google.com/actions/smarthome/traits/openclose

0 Likes

(Kim Andersen) #893

Yeah thats because they use open/close. And thats okay as well. But it wont work in openhab with the blinds, cause a contact or a switch will not be able to do anything with a 0-100 value.
In Google - open just mean 100%. It doesnt mean ON, like close doesnt mean OFF. But ON/OFF is needed for contacts and switches.
There are ways to deal with it… Either Google traits allow to use open/close for switchable/contact devices. Or there has to be defined a switchable/contact Tag in openhab.

But the problem is still in OH when devices arent recognized correctly, like door/window sensors PIR´s etc becoming switches. They´re not. They should be contacts. Switches is what you put your finger onto and turn it on or off, (could be buttons as well). Contacts are relay´s states…

0 Likes

(Enrico) #894

did you check if you have more than one tag per item? in my setup if I have more than one tag for each item google says that there is an issue with the sync

0 Likes

(kluszczyn) #895

Just sharing, that blinds responds to command hey google, set blinds to 90% in expected way, means closing to 90% (almost closed). Google response is OK, opening two things to 90% (I have to roller shutters linked to room where google mini is linked too).
Command set blinds to 0% opens roller shutters completely.
Commands open the blinds renders to closing roller shutters, and command close the blinds renders to open the roller shutters.

0 Likes

(Enrico) #896

Yes, same behaviour for me.

Are you able to control them using the Google Home app or only voice controls?

0 Likes

(kluszczyn) #897

Only voice. On Google Nest Hub (former Google Home Hub) it displays information “Touch controls are limited right now, but you can still use voice to control this device”

1 Like

(Alexander Procelewski) #898

Just a question. I exposed one of my Items to myopenhab.org and it showed up there. Afterwards, I tried to connect Openhab through the GH App but it always says “Couldn’t update the settings. Check your connection”. I unlinked every GH-Auth from myopenhab.org but it’s still not working. All my items are labelled and this item is also tagged the right way. Is there anything I forgot or why GH don’t want to connect with OH

0 Likes

(Sha jhon) #899

Nice information. Thanks for it.

0 Likes