Official Google Assistant Integration for openHAB

@skimdankish @MARZIMA

New commit include humidity (thermostatHumidityAmbient ( Float 0-100))?

"This was a miss on my part, I think I added Humidity later on when I was working on the commit and left it out of one section of the code (where GA parses the members of a thermostat group).

When I tested, if you have a Thermostat Humidity item (as float) it should return 0-100 (as %). If you do not have a Humidity item in the thermostat group it will say “cannot reach [x] Thermostat”.

This will need to be tested and such before deployed and added to production.

Ryan"

Hi there!
I’m having a little issue… i have configured 4 currentTemperature and i see all of them after sync in Google Home App, assigned each of them in his specific room but, if i ask “what is temperature in living room” google home say me all values, if i ask for bedroom, kitchen or fridge (with assigned one) tells me “I don’t know which device you want to control, could you be be more specific?” (or something else, i’m translating from italian)…
Can someone help me?
Thanks a lot!

It most likely has to do with how you defined those items - post the definition here and we can see what is going on

Thanks for the help @bartus

Number BedroomTemperature "Termometro Camera"  <temperature> [ "CurrentTemperature" ] { channel="mihome:sensor_ht:id1:temperature" }
Number LivingTemperature "Termometro Soggiorno"  <temperature> [ "CurrentTemperature" ] { channel="miio:basic:id2:temperature" }
Number FridgeTemperature "Termometro Frigorifero"  <temperature> [ "CurrentTemperature" ] { channel="mihome:sensor_ht:id3:temperature" }
Number BathroomTemperature "Termometro Bagno"  <temperature> [ "CurrentTemperature" ] { channel="mihome:sensor_ht:id4:temperature" }

Ok that looks right - how about the devices in your Google Home app? Do they show with the names you defined in the items file? Also, did you assign them to rooms in the app?

yes, all with name in .items document and assigned in every room…

Hmm - that’s strange - can you tell google to sync your devices again? Also, might want to try deleting the tags and readding the devices - might have been some issue with syncing.

now i’m out, when i come back i will try, thanks again, i will tell you later :wink:

Hi Lowel
How did you go investigating the modes trait. Like you said it seems to be the most flexible. If gives the example of a dryer with multiple possible settings but only one can be active at a time which would be similar to a TV input of say HDMI1, 2, 3 etc and then there are ordered modes which would seem to work for volume and channel where you could ask for a particular item or say up/down to change.

Are you having any luck?

Thanks Geoff

Nothing to do… resynced but same problem…

I´m not quite sure, as I havn´t investigated this enough yet. But I have had the same problem.
I have an idea, that Google Home for somehow don´t know how react to custom made room names, unless you´re running the default English/US version. I did however manage to get it to work in my kitchen. But I had to rename the name of the Kitchen in the app back to it´s original name (I had it changed to danish, and it didn´t work. I changed it back to original, and it worked, regarding lights though).

Regarding temperature, I have not been able to get Google Home to tell me the temperature yet. When I ask, Google Home always answer with values from the public weather, or tells me it dont understand. (Stupid Google Home). But that is as far as I have managed to dig into this one, due to limited spare time and other more important projects.

1 Like

WAIT °-°
I have do nothing but now is perfectly working °-°
What if google need a lot of time to apply device to rooms?!?

Hmm could be. I gave up after playing with it a coupple of times. Will return to it again later.

Hi everyone,
i did all of the steps from the guide but when i am going to my google home app and hit to add [test]Openhab, it redirects to assistant.google.com and then to myopenhab.org where i get a forbiden page. am i missing something?

I managed to go a step further. Now it asked me for my email and password but after that no Oauth2 screen. It redirects me to my openhab home page.

Hi everyone

I have tagged my group temperature item as currenttemperature its successfully linked too Google but when asking Google whats the inside temperature the only response I receive is sorry can’t reach the temperature group at the moment

Can Google be linked too groups or is there something else wrong

Seems like I am not the only one with this problem. If you find a way to fix it please post.

Well my stuff appeared even though a connection failed. The interesting thing was it showed devices that werent connected for several days and never showed in the my openhab items list.

My conclusion somewhere along the way google is cacheing data with my openhab.

I know my setup is good becasue IFttt works correctly. Funny it is the only one that seems to function the was I would expect.

Hi, is there a way to connect google home to my own openhab cloud instance without having a credit card for the google cloud functions registration?

@Roberto2

Hi, what tag did you use for the humidity, please?

you don’t have to use a credit card at all to use OH cloud because you don’t have to register to google cloud.
that is only for developers

1 Like