Official tuya home assistant support

I see they’ve announced offical home assistant support. It does look like it’s cloud based, but they may be working on local control.

Should someone from official openHAB potentially reach out to tuya and ask “what about us”?

I haven’t looked at the ins and outs of how it works, I did see in a diagram and it seems to have a remote mqtt.

1 Like

I recall someone saying that they were thinking about creating a Tuya binding after they’re satisfied with their current binding project. Darned if I can remember who it was, as they might be interested in this.

I’d do it myself if I had the developer skills and time, but I have neither. Now that Tuya has made it more difficult to flash Tasmota and started using non-ESP32 chips, native integration could be a big factor in new users choosing HA over OH.

1 Like

I think it was Dave @delid4ve

1 Like

It could be on my agenda still, but I am absolutely stacked at work right now and the way it’s going it don’t look like letting up until Xmas :weary:

Wish I had the time guys but I just can’t commit at the moment.

1 Like

It’s the thought that counts, Dave. Good to clarify it here, in case someone else wants to pick up the torch. :wink: