-e GROUP_ID=1100  \
	-p 8080:8080 \
	-p 8101:8101 \
	-e TZ=Europe/Vienna \
        --link homegear:homegear \
        --restart=always \
	openhab/openhab:3.0.1-alpine

I don’t get any logs in userdata/log/openhab.log
docker logs openhab shows that the upgrade was successful but then stops at “Launching the openHAB runtime…”

Can anyone tell me what I could do?

One notable thing is the Debian container is recommended. I had testing issues a year ago with alpine that did not exist in the Debian container. Perhaps that is worth a try.

I noticed it was on a different IP, it’s working now.
Have to debug though why the logs are not populated.

Quick question: I have a couple of Things for multiple power switches. In order to test them I need to add Items for channels. I can then identify which is which.
However, I can then not rename the Item anymore and assign the correct name.

How would I do this?

You basically have three options here:

1. Give your items generic names and then don’t worry about changing them. The only thing the actual names are required for are coding rules and widgets and unless you are working with a series of name-based conversions (i.e., one basic item with associated items that all share the same base name and different meaningful suffixes) then you can put the item names in once and forget about them.
  2. Create temporary items to discover which switch is which and then delete those and create new items with your desired names and full configurations. (Or create one temporary item and as you discover each switch and make the actual items just change the link on the temporary item to the next channel.)
  3. Edit the jasondb for items directly (Moderate Danger Level). See the Editing the JSONDB, a last resort section of Rich’s excellent post and only attempt if you are justifiably confident in your OH backups.
1 Like