OH2 crashes at each startup because of faulty SQLite service

Hello there,

I wanted to add a persistence service to my OpenHAB2 installation on my Synology DS212+, selected JDBC:SQLite in Paper UI and uncommented the default SQLite configuration from the jdbc.cfg file in the services folder.

Unfortunately, OH2 just crashed and since then I was unable to start it ever again. Rebooting the system did not work. Obviously I can’t use Paper UI to remove the persistence service, because it crashes before the Paper UI is launched :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I removed the SQLite reference from org.openhab.addons.cfg, removed the jdbc.cfg file, to no avail. Somehow openhab is still trying to load the not working SQLite persistence each and every time I try to start it and fails.

The lib causing the crash is
/volume1/@appstore/openHAB/userdata/tmp/sqlite-3.16.1-55e5fe64-45d3-4848-b185-afbf6cf5ec26-libsqlitejdbc.so.
I can delete that lib from the tmp folder, but with each start a new copy magically appears and crashes.

How can a get out of this cycle without setting up a completely new instance? This is really driving me nuts!

I would disable all persistence first and test.

File: conf/services/runtime.cfg
Look for: org.eclipse.smarthome.persistence:default

File: conf/services/addons.cfg
Look for: persistence =

Check files in userdata\config\org\openhab

Tip: Always make a backup so it’s easy to revert your changes.

Thank you so much :blush:

The first two files were still in their virgin state, but I uncommented the indicated lines (just for good measure) and also adjusted “userdata\config\org\openhab” (I somehow missed that file in my search).
Now openHAB starts again without problems.

Tip: Always make a backup so it’s easy to revert your changes.

You’re absolutely right! But the key part here is knowing which files to backup when making changes with Paper UI :roll_eyes: