OH3 and the NGRE

I installed OH3 and the NGRE in it… Now, looking for the path where I can put .py (jython scripts)…
Found RULES dir, SCRIPTS dir, but didn’t find a dir to put jython scripts…

Completely off topic, but… File Locations — openHAB Helper Libraries documentation

in OH3 ??
So installing the NRGE MISC addon is not enough?
In OH2 it was experimental (and working good) and had to copy/create dirs…
But i would think that OH3 would make it easier to setup (like just installing NRGE)…

I found something like that on Heise Tipps & Tricks with the exemplary installation of a Hue bulb and that cleared most of it up for me.
So i think it is a good idea.

Currently, the setup of scripted automation in OH 3.0 is the same as OH 2.5.x, but it is barely ready for testing and there are many more changes to come. If you are using Jython, you will need to use the Jython add-on, which has not yet been merged. As for the directory structure…

@moderators, could one of you please create a new topic for @Stefan_Uytterhoeven, so that we can continue the discussion without hijacking this topic?

sorry, I saw here several references to OH3, and I thought jython would be the default scripting language for OH3 (and I didn’t find the the folder to put the scripts in… but, it apparently it’s not ready.).
Thx anyway
@moderators you may delete my post… no problem.

Done…

2 Likes

Although my post referred to the old topic …

Beautiful!

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.