OH3 - editing model information via text files

Hi all,

inspired by the meetup yesterday I started to play around with OH3 in a sandbox. First impression: GREAT!

Since my current installation has a lot of things, items and rules based on textual configuration I tried to migrate all of them into the sandbox. It worked well on the first impression. But the model is not populated (quiet clear since it was not existing in OH2 :wink:

I wonder: is there a way to build up the model by text files? Or add missing information to the text-defined items so that they are considered in the model?
Thanks for all of your efforts towards OH3!
MM

Yes it was. Just not used much.

Example:

Group Maison "Maison" <house> (All) [ "House" ]
Group Etage "Etage" <firstfloor> (Maison)  [ "FirstFloor" ]
Group Chambre "Chambre" <bedroom> (Etage) [ "Bedroom" ]

Group GLampeChambre "LumiĆØre chambre" <light> (Chambre) [ "Lightbulb" ]

Dimmer LampeChambre "LumiĆØre chambre [%d %%]" <light> (Chambre,GLampeChambre) [ "Control", "Light" ] { channel="xxxxx", autoupdate="false" }
2 Likes

En Anglais, sā€™il vous plait! :wink:

(In English, please!)

ah ok, that easy - This was not to hard to understand (even if it was not english :))
Thanks!

1 Like

I understand a little French but it is frustrating for me to see German example configurations in an English forum when I know no German. Especially since there is a German forum.

Just a personal pet peeve.

Come on Bruce, it is not necessary to understand a french or german item name or label to get what the op is explaining.

2 Likes

I find it helps give context. Perhaps my experience working with what I call ā€œSwedish C doceā€ made me more sensitive. Fortunately I had coworkers who could assist when I needed translations of variable names, comments, or messages.

And I apologize for the horrible French accent in the demo :sweat_smile:
I am utterly incapable of focusing on losing the accent and doing something else in the same timeā€¦

Also for the quality of the screencastā€¦ Shouldā€™ve had access to FTTH for years now if it werenā€™t for some pathetic political/legal drama with the local authorities. Iā€™ll tether to my phone and do it over 4G next time.

1 Like

No worries - it was still inspiring enough for me to try it out :slight_smile:

Offtopic: You had some nice icon sets on your slide deck cover (with images of the rooms and temperature infos) - how to do that?

The accent, demo and work you put in has all been amazing.

Loved the demo yesterday!!!

From all us copy and paste users I want to say thank you to you and the team

Donā€™t care : You were amazing !! and the Main UI is a big step forward I love it.

Iā€™d also played around with the new UI after the great demo!
Iā€™m using OpenHAB from 1x, (now running 2.5) so used to the text-files.

Iā€™ve jumped this to this frame: https://youtu.be/pwZ8AOwRDEk?t=2779 and started from there with the text files and browser besides it on the model page to see which models there are.

Keep up the good work I really like what was shown, its a big step forward for OpenHAB!

Yannick, absolutely no need for apologies. Doing such a demo in a foreign language is hard, but everything was understandable. Thanks a lot for doing it and all your brilliant contributions as well. :+1:

1 Like

Yannick, there was no problem to understand you, your demo was clear and you covered most of things, including things I have even not yet looked at.
Merci pour la dƩmo et le super boulot rƩalisƩ.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll concur, the accent was not a problem for understanding and the demo was great. I was able to follow along even while driving my son to his horseback riding lessons. It helped that I was a little familiar with all you were presenting. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks everyone. :blush:

This is part of the new features introduced in Milestone 4: openHAB 3.0 Milestone 4 discussion - #3 by ysc

You can edit the home page and reorganize your cards as you like, even put them in sections. Look for the pencil icon in the corner, the little icons come automatically if you build your model correctly. But you can also be creative and change the backgrounds or even whatā€™s displayed entirely.

- component: oh-locations-tab
    config:
      cardOrder:
        - gSalon
        - gCuisine
        - gBureau
        - gCouloir
        - gChambre
        - gSDB
        - gWC
    slots:
      gChambre:
        - component: oh-location-card
          config:
            backgroundColor: teal
      gWC:
          config:
            backgroundColor: deeppurple
      gSalon:
          config:
            disableBadges: false
            badges:
              - lights
              - windows
              - doors
              - presence
              - screens
              - projectors
              - speakers
              - temperature
              - humidity
              - luminance
            backgroundImageStyle:
              filter: brightness(60%)
            backgroundImage: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/GDUDzqoqMydm99FKTD1z-8Z6Enh8TCUP2O22FalmU1NcO6uxANrEzC0ewfzkxr8f8US2Gh46Zf2pQE84tAOsB81zeSpnUdiTQ8bMUExzr4C5_pe_Ug1TOBLxTsHvfFvpfUhiGay09_KexQ
      gSDB:
          config: {}
      gCuisine:
          config:
            backgroundImage: https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/kitchen-decor-ideas-1580491833.jpg
            backgroundImageStyle:
      gBureau:
          config:
            backgroundImage: https://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Ars-WFH-Office-Setup-Vari-Standing-Desk-4.jpg
            backgroundImageStyle:
      gCouloir:
          config:
            backgroundImageStyle:
            backgroundImage: https://www.interiorexteriorplan.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/house-interior-6-704x400.jpg

If you edit the YAML you can even put some CSS styles on the background image element (like here filter: brightness(60%) to make the text stand out more), that parameter is not exposed in the config sheet, you have to do in the YAML view. But itā€™s still easier than photoshopping the images :slight_smile: I found them on Google Images and couldnā€™t be bothered to save them locally for the screenshot.

1 Like

Everytime I read one of your post I found what I was looking for ā€¦like image brightness to improve text and icon reading
Thanks for your Help
Lorenzo

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.