[OH3] Main UI - New „main_widget“ - development and testing [deprecated]

Guys,
I will start a new topic called „main_widget development and testing“ soon.
First post will be a wiki with all prerequisites, hopefully some documentation and always latest code and sub widgets
This can then be edited by anybody.
Second post could be a summary of @Dimitris designs.

WDYT ?

1 Like

Making good progress, nearly finished modifying the light card…
Stay tuned😉

It’s become quite a long set of posts and I’ve not followed along super closely. Can I just go up to the first post on this discussion or has there been some interleaving of topics? It looks like post 229 is the first. What should I call it?

Yes I think post 229 should be correct. Some post between 229 and 546 may belong to different topics but I think to cut at 229 would be the easisets thing.

In hmerks new Topic all relevant informations for out project will be then at post 1 (code) and 2 (wiki)

Very cool - this evening is family evening so I’ll have a look tomorrow if you have posted new stuff :wink:

A post was merged into an existing topic: [OH3] Main UI Examples

Thanks Rich, but managed to do it myself

Hi @Nic0205 @Dimitris @JustinG @rubenfuser and anyone interested

I have edted the first post with some prerequisits, added my latest development version of the main_widget and as a first step the new main_widget_Light_Card. This is designed to work wth simple lights aw well for color lights. Switch/Brightness should work out of the box, but not shure for the color settings.
The also added main_widget_Rollershutter_Card should also work out of the box. Just needs to add a label…

Question now:
@Dimitris Would you please take care of the design chapter in the first post and add your pictures there
Second question to all involved so far, whou would like to write a nice introduction ?

Todo : As the widget show basically an empty screen at start, how could we fill it ?

Hi, i’ve tried new version and menu now looks better also on mobile.
the issue now comes from light card as you can see.

i’ve made also another version of rollershutter card, more complete that reflect almost the idea of @Dimitris. it’s an exapandable card, but i don’t know if it’s too early to use it on the main widget due to issues that can come. if you want i can PM the code to one of you to take a look and adjust it to fit the main widget. but i don’t want to put “more on fire”.

for home screen, i think could be a good idea to make a new widget that summarize the status of the home: average temperature, security status and light/rollershutter status.

i’ve made something like this:

just to tell the user if there are lights/rollershutter on/open. eventually could be added the status of the home security. also this is based on @Dimitris idea.

all my yaml need to be corrected for sure, i’m not skilled as you, but we have a starting point. i’m trying to learn from you all as fast as i can, so please forgive me if i do mistakes :sweat_smile:

OK I have the widget in and Floors and Room showing
I think the wording on post 1

" and all rooms need to be tagged with the additionl tag for the floor group item (e.g. gKitchen )"

Perhaps should say gGroundFloor for the example? Im happy to get in and start contributing once I am sure I understand a bit better

The main_widget_Light_Card in post 1 is now a different name to the original card_2 name - has this been updated in the code as thats my next challenge my room has a light in it which has a non semantic tag of light but it is not showing (it is also a dimmer which might be the issue?)

I will korrekt the group example, thanks for finding.
Yes new light widget is uploaded.
Never thought of your use case, so need to make an adoption for a light without a switch item…

No, it comes from your model. You have more than one light in the equipment group. Thane issue had @Nic0205 with hus shutters. I will add a bit more about that in the Prerequisites section.

Yes please, I just took one yesterday to have something ready.

Also, sende me the code please and we can try to get this in….
And don‘t worry about code quality, I am alsi still learning…

I added the light as a switch item and added Lights and Light as a non semantic tag - still not showing I wonder if the model is not set up correctly?

No, model is not right, you light items need to be in a Lightbulb equipment group.

yes in some rooms (many) i have the group “Lights” that contains more than one light. but this issue with previously main_widget was correct, all lights were displayed in separate widgets…

Aha - my bad for consistency - seems overkill to put a single light for a toilet in a group until you are trying to use the model like this which makes perfect sense.

I have a light showing! Are you OK with me changing the first post to help flesh out the instructions for newbies?

Should I see lights for every floor when I have only selected Floors, not an actual floor, or Rooms not an actual room? It seems once I navigate down to a room and show a light, I can go back up the “heirachy” and it shows in Rooms, but not in Floors

I assume this might end up the same for All (I think Ive seen that in the thread)

That’s why the first post is a WIKI, anybody can contribute to it. Only let us know when you edited something, so we can review it afterwards…