OH3 Overview page - no default tabs

• Hardware: Synology
  • openHAB 3.0.1

Hello

I’m not seeing the default tabs for Location, Equipment and Properties on the Overview page (it is blank). I guess that they were there when I first migrated from 2.5.1 to 3.0.1 but maybe I did something to make them disappear.

I have built a semantic model, which is maybe 80% complete and I can manually add cards from the model. Maybe migration of my items into the UI from files has contributed to the problem, though I’ve tried to clean the tagging as I’ve imported them.

Is there something I can do to restore these tabs? Can I reset the Overview page to its as-installed state or is there code I can paste in to the page to get the tabs back? Or is this likely to be a problem created by my semantic model?

It seems that the default tabs just work for most people and I haven’t found a similar problem reported (except where a semantic model hasn’t been set up at all as here - Default Overview page doesn’t work after 3.0 upgrade - I also get the “TypeError: Cannot read property ‘indexOf’ of null” message when clicking on the Design top tab).

Thanks

not much to go on here.

maybe share some code for the pages?

Hi @brianlay

Not so much code to share. Here it is:

config:
  label: Overview
blocks: []
masonry: []

Thanks

in Settings, Pages do you have a Home Page?

No, in addition to the Overview, I just have a couple of pages that I have created that don’t contain much.

What does your Model look like?

1 Like

On your overview code page, setting it to the following:

config:
  label: Overview
locations:
  - component: oh-locations-tab
    config: {}
    slots: {}
equipment:
  - component: oh-equipment-tab
properties:
  - component: oh-properties-tab

Still nothing:

You’ll never see the semantic tabs on the design page. You’ll only see them when you actually access the page. Save that configuration I suggested and then go to the home view (click on the OH logo bar in the upper-left corner).

1 Like

@JustinG Thank you! Now I feel very stupid. I will go back and re-read the documentation with a little more understanding under my belt.