openHAB 1.8.2 available

Ok, I should have included that as my question. I wasn’t sure of the time frame implied by “soon”. Thanks!

i’ve updated my first post …

I’m have some trouble with the upgrade. I first tried apt-get update / apt-get upgrade, resulting in:
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?
Command:
sudo apt-get install --only-upgrade openhab-runtime
Resulted in:
E: Failed to fetch http://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo/pool/main/1.8.2/openhab-runtime-1.8.2.deb rename failed, Input/output error (/var/cache/apt/archives/partial/openhab-runtime_1.8.2_all.deb -> /var/cache/apt/archives/openhab-runtime_1.8.2_all.deb).

I’m on Raspberry Pi 2. Can anyone give me any tips on getting the upgrade to go through?

Will there be a 1.9? After my experiences with 2.0 and the snapshots - it has a long way to go…

After upgrading to 1.8.2 Setpoint item in sytemaps doesn’t seem to work properly (has no effect)

Discussion on this is here: Switch, Setpoint broken after 1.8.2 upgrade

Is there already a release plan/date for the next Bugfix Release 1.8.3?
A timeframe would be enough.

Thanks
Helmut

yes, the plan is to release 1.8.3 on the coming weekend. Assuming the three open issues can be fixed until then.

OK, then I must hurry up, found a critical Bug in KNX 1.8.2 aka the used calimero Version.
I’ll create a PR asap.

2 Likes

just updated from 1.8.1 to 1.8.2 everything works exept i don´t get Slider Items to show on Chrome browser anymore, it shows the < & > buttons, a bug or it there an workaround?

now when i go back to 1.8.1 i still don´t get any slider items i have to reinstall google chrome to get it back

i have done this to 2 laptops and my stationary computer

I have noticed that also the icon for the bulb doen’t change. You have to refresh the web page to see it updated

1 Like

Any news regarding the 1.8.3 release?

3 Likes

When is 1.8.3. expected to be released? I’m struggling with slider/dimmer/rollershutter “effects” since 1.8.2. and I’m hoping they are solved with a new release

last thing to solve is https://github.com/openhab/openhab/pull/4278. Hope to get this done soon!

@teichsta Any news on the 1.8.3 release? Which date do you plan to release it?

i’ll do my best to release on coming whit monday … hope to get some help from @sebastian though.

I’d feel a bit safer if the community had a chance to test and confirm the 1.8.3 build before releasing - not that we are back to having to release yet another patch release because of a single issue…

2 Likes

release on coming whit monday

Any updates here?

unfortunately no chance to get hold of @sebastian so far … i’ll try to extract the necessary changes from his old commit. Unfortunately going to to the old version is not possible due to changes in certain servlet URLs.

ok, finally @sebastian and me fixed the Classic-UI … @all please help testing the change (being available on the 1.8 branch). We are going to release 1.8.3 asap now!

Please find attached the rebuild 1.8.3 runtime binary: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7b7mmboqt884t4/distribution-1.8.3-SNAPSHOT-runtime.zip?dl=0

Thanks!

2 Likes