openHAB 2.1 is out!

Hi Kai,

ok :slight_smile:

1 Like

i upgraded my [manual] installation on my VM with my usual script (updating the paths to OH2.1) and everything seems to work flawlessly. Many thanks to Kai and all developers for this awesome work! I will donate a few bucks to the foundation.

Greetings,
Stef

2 Likes

For all who were waiting for it: The next 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT builds are now available as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@george.erhan The heise article is more or less a summary of the english article by Kai himself: http://www.kaikreuzer.de/2017/06/28/openhab21/

Congratulations. What is the best method to update openHab from 2.0 to 2.1 on Synology ?
Regards,
Jibet

Hello good sir, will there be an updated raspberry pi image for openhab 2.1 ?

Sorry , i figured it out.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install
sudo apt-get upgrade

I already working on it, please patience ā€¦

My openhabian installation is crashing after update/upgrade more information in

Iā€™m not sure if it is related to 2.1 or linux upgrade.

MIchal

My RFXtrx433E stopped working after I upgraded (from 2.0 stable) because the /etc/default/openhab2 file was overwritten. So I had to re-add ā€œ-Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/ttyUSBrfxtrxā€ under EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS to get it to work again. (I had previously created a symlink for it: https://github.com/openhab/openhab1-addons/wiki/symlinks).

Perhaps it can help someone who has the same problem.

1 Like

Thanks to openhabian-config upgrading went very smooth.

I donā€™t need the z-wave binding SNAPSHOT anymore, because openhab2-addons contains the binding already.
Currrently I only have to add the Jeelink Binding.

My configuration of Paper UI survived the update.
Even the /etc/default/openhab2 configuration was kept.

Only the udev rules got deleted some how and I had to restore them.

All in all Iā€™m courious what OH2.1 has to offer.

Unfortunately the homematic variables cannot be updated any more after upgrading to openhab 2.1! Even in the console smarthome:send varxxx REFRESH does not work any more! Only a complete stop&start of openhab service updates homematic variables once.

Upgraded to 2.1 - (on ubuntu 14.04 lts) using:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

/etc/init.d/openhab2 status show that it is running

but accessing the webpage doesnā€™ t show anything (nor accessing via my App) (connection refused)
same problem with ssh openhab@localhost -p 8101 (connection refused)

I am not a Linux expert - but what am I missing - I have a Unifi NVR running on the same machine (:8443) and that one works still as it should after the upgrade ?

Can someone point me in direction where to look ?

thx

I am running Openhab1 with RFXcom, Zwave & Nikobus-bindings - and until today it was working without a glitch !

If you are coming from openHAB version 1 you should follow the migration tutorial:

http://docs.openhab.org/tutorials/migration.html

this is a typo - I am running Openhab2

That sounds like what I experienced.
I gave up and went to sleep. - And all worked the next morning.
Do know what was wrong, what fixed it, if it will work for you.

I didnā€™t see any traces of OH starting in the log files , neither openhab nor events.

@chris_van_aalst Try stopping openhab, clearing /var/lib/openhab2/cache and. `/var/lib/openhab2/tmpā€™ then starting the service.

edit: To those reading, only clear the folders, do not delete.

Ben,

thanks ! this fixed the problem !

fyi:

When I delete the two folders Benjy mentioned, I hget this error in syslog.

Jun 30 22:05:02 openhab start.sh[3625]: Launching the openHAB runtime...
Jun 30 22:05:10 openhab start.sh[3625]: java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception instantiating lock class org.apache.karaf.main.lock.SimpleFileLock
Jun 30 22:05:10 openhab start.sh[3625]: Could not create file lock: Invalid karaf.lock.dir system property '/var/lib/openhab2/tmp' : does not exist
Jun 30 22:05:10 openhab start.sh[3625]: at org.apache.karaf.main.Main.createLock(Main.java:443)
Jun 30 22:05:10 openhab start.sh[3625]: at org.apache.karaf.main.Main.doMonitor(Main.java:371)
Jun 30 22:05:10 openhab start.sh[3625]: at org.apache.karaf.main.Main.access$100(Main.java:72)
Jun 30 22:05:10 openhab start.sh[3625]: at org.apache.karaf.main.Main$2.run(Main.java:362)
Jun 30 22:05:10 openhab start.sh[3625]: Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Recreating the folder helps.
But maybe this should be handled by openhab, like it is for the cache folder.

Yeah, I did the same some time agoā€¦
You can safely delete cache but you shouldnā€™t delete tmp because Karaf needs that.
I usually clear all the stuff within the 2 dirs but donā€™t remove them

Good idea !