openHAB 2.5.10 release discussion

I have this problem with IKEA tradfri:

I thought that I found a solution but latest ooenHAB update broke it again.

[DEBUG] [internal.handler.TradfriThingHandler] - Sending payload: {“15015”:[{“5536”:0}],“3”:{}}
[DEBUG] [g.tradfri.internal.TradfriCoapClient] - CoAP PUT request uri: coaps://192.168.xx.xx:5684/15001/65548 payload: {“15015”:[{“5536”:0}],“3”:{}}

[DEBUG] [g.tradfri.internal.TradfriCoapClient] - CoAP GET request uri: coaps://192.168.xx.xx:5684/15011/15012

After updating from stable 2.5.9 to 2.5.10 I was not able to control my Philips Hue devices connected to my Hue Bridge anymore.

I noticed in Paper UI that the Hue Binding was not installed anymore after the update, so I installed it again through Paper UI.

Then more issues started, the Hue things were listed as online in PaperUI but I could not control them through OH2. After restarting the OH2 service I could control them in OH2 but only with a 5-10 second delay.
There were no errors in the logs, but in the binding debug log I saw that the http call to the bridge appeared only 4-10 seconds after I pressed the button in the sitemap.

I now deleted all hue things, removed the binding, restarted the bridge, installed binding again, paired it with OH2 and added the things again. It seems to work for now.

With htop I see that OH2 shows a lot of memory usage in VIRT, not sure if this is related to my issue or it was also like this before the update…

Hello when is it planned to release openhab 2.5.11 ?

I do think, there’s no immediate plans für 2.5.11, everyone is focused on openHAB3 I guess! :wink:
perhaps there’s one last release for openHAB2, but the focus is to bringt as much users as possible to OH3, as it is much much easier to maintain all the efforts, questions and stuff in the newest release.

I tentatively mentioned a 2.5.11 for early December, so yes, in this regard it would be time for it.
Running the release build shouldn’t be much effort, so I can try to do it this weekend.

But indeed: 99% of spare time is spent for 3.0 at the moment…

Yes, it’s clear that everybody is focusing on the OH3 release…

I am waiting for the updated yio remote plugin therefore I am asking

Was there any commit in 2.5 branch since 2.5.10 was released?

Yes, I had a rather important one.

A cherry picking before the build run should be good…