OpenHab 2 and Stiebel Eltron

@shorty707
Got my first values from the heatpump (tecalor TTL25AC) into Openhab using the modbus binding. Initial test was “actual hot water temp” and “target hot water temp”. Both worked fine.
Having problems with getting actual outside temperature. The register you have in your thing-file seems to retrieve a different field. Will still need to do some further testing.

hi all,
i have now reworked many aspect to be able to get a potential pull request accepted.
my current version is available here.

i have asked Stefan to test and contributes his version of heatpump into my branch.

If this is done I will upload again a new jar file for testing in the community.

@shorty707 good to hear that the modbus binding works with the ISG.
The current binding does not require the ISG and can directly connected to the serial port of the heatpump.

Yay! If you need help, i am a software engineer but as matzetronic i have no openhab dev experience either.

Danke. Diese Anleitung habe ich. Es scheint aber so, dass die Registerangabe für Außentemperatur nicht stimmt. Ich werde aber weiter testen um das zu verifizieren.

The registers are mostly have an offset of 1 … means if the register is 500 you should read 501 to get the expected value.

I also can recommend to use an app to quickly read the registers and think if it makes sense
I used on Android “Poll Modbus” to quickly browse all registers and check which are actually populated with values

Thanks for the quick response.
How do I best configure Poll Modbus to read all registers oft the ISG?

I would also be interested in the binding. Currently I am reading out my LWZ 504 via FHEM. The rest of the house is done via openhab… :slight_smile: I can help with testing.

BR

hi all,

here is a new version of the binding. The status is work in progress.

2.5.4-SNAPSHOT

i am currently working on:

• german translation. if some body is interested to help here please contact me
  • i am currently working on unit of measurements in the channel type definition. some channeltype have been tested but other still in testing.
  • i have not yet test the functionality on writing settings back to the heat pump.

let me know what improvements need to be done of if you have any ideas for new features.
BR
peter

1 Like

Hi,

I was just about to test the binding. OpenHab loaded the file without any problems. Unfortunately I did not find a configuration that fits my LWZ504 (Firmware 7.59). If I take another one the thing ends with a configuration error (Thingtype version of heatpump 7.39 is not the same as the heatpump version 7.59)

Can I configure the new firmware myself somewhere or would it be possible that you take the version with you? The FHEM module (https://wiki.fhem.de/wiki/Tecalor_THZ_Wärmepumpe) works with the 504 without problems. So I guess that the parameters don’t really differ between the two models.

I can also help with the german translation.

hi zony,

i can create a new version for you and upload the new file.
the 7.xx version are with limited configuration

in my version (2.06) i checked all configurations.

new version 4 is uploaded.
concerning the i will send you some file later this week

Hi kreutzer_peter,

thanks for the quick adjustment.
When I add the thing I get the following message in the log:
“2020-05-13 22:28:06.846 [WARN ] [ore.thing.internal.ThingRegistryImpl] - Cannot create thing. No binding found that supports creating a thing of type ‘stiebelheatpump:LWZ_THZ504_7_59’.”

The thing then remains UNINITIALIZED

hi,

oh sorry , that to fast. I merged some changes from a pull request into my code and that broke some functionality.

• currently the version check is affected
  • also liked channels are not linked on startup again.

will have to spend some testing and will inform this evening.

Sorry again

hi ,

new version available
binding

Changelog:

• implememted todo from Stefans review.
  • fixed version check
  • cleanup code

Cheers

Hi kreutzer_peter,

the mistake is unfortunately still the same.
Just to be on the safe side, my Openhab reports version 2.5.4.202005141928 for the binding. This should be your last version?

I deleted the old thing and restarted openhab. Then I created a new one and in the log it said "Cannot create thing. No binding found that supports creating a thing of type ‘stiebelheatpump:LWZ_THZ504_7_59’. The thing is still set to UNINITIALIZED

If I can help in any other way (more logs or similar) please let me know.

found the problem.
issue is in Handlefactory.
the thingtype is not introduced there.
will upload new version in th eevening.

sorry

Hi,

thanks for the advice. I had some time this morning and have added these lines

StiebelHeatPumpHandlerFactory:
add(THING_TYPE_LWZ504);

StiebelHeatPumpBindingsConstants:
public static final ThingTypeUID THING_TYPE_LWZ504 = new ThingTypeUID(BINDING_ID, “LWZ_THZ504_7_59”);

After that I compiled the file again and could add the Thing. The status is Online.
But I don’t get any values at the moment (firmware version and outdoor temperature I tried).
Just the firmware should work in my opinion, because he read it correctly on the first try.

But I will try a little bit more this evening.
So far I have no experience programming with OpenHab so it could be that I did something wrong with the customization.

I just wanted to give you an update.

very good , will ad the line to the code.
please enable DEBUG in the console

ssh -p 8101 openhab@localhost
log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.stiebelheatpump
log:tail

so we get more logs

Hi Peter,

here my log with the last build from you:

14:39:54.894 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'stiebelheatpump:LWZ_THZ303_5_09:8ac23607' changed from OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR): Port is not known! to UNINITIALIZED
14:39:54.917 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'stiebelheatpump:LWZ_THZ303_5_09:8ac23607' changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR)
14:40:15.317 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'stiebelheatpump:LWZ_THZ303_5_09:8ac23607' changed from UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR) to INITIALIZING
14:40:15.335 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'stiebelheatpump:LWZ_THZ303_5_09:8ac23607' changed from INITIALIZING to UNKNOWN
14:40:17.410 [ERROR] [eatpump.internal.CommunicationService] - heat pump communication could not be established ! no data availabel!
14:40:17.411 [ERROR] [eatpump.internal.CommunicationService] - Error reading data : org.openhab.binding.stiebelheatpump.internal.StiebelHeatPumpException
14:40:17.411 [INFO ] [tpump.internal.StiebelHeatPumpHandler] - Heat pump has version null
14:40:17.412 [ERROR] [tpump.internal.StiebelHeatPumpHandler] - Thingtype version of heatpump 5.09 is not the same as the heatpump version null

I had readings ror the outside temparture before the update.

please enable the DEBUG mode in the console so we better understand why the the communication fails.
i am a bit confused as the “port is not known!” show prevent using the CommunicationService.
i added some more debug messages in the new version , which can be found on the same link .
binding