openHAB 3.0 Milestone 1 discussion

Hi, there is another simple issue, I noticed that openhab doesn’t start automatically after I reboot, I have to start it manually. I think that somewhere it is trying to start openhab2. Where can I find this configuration in order to solve this issue??

I also noticed that there are some errors due to the OH2 folders:

2020-10-14 13:49:17.116 [ERROR] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Cannot create folder /var/lib/openhab2/tmp/bundles. Is the folder write-protected?

2020-10-14 13:54:50.397 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-package-expert’: No matching features for openhab-package-expert/0

both of these are not openHAB3 issues but related to your OS and installation method
So please keep these off this thread

PS: change directory in /etc/systemd/system/frontail.service and fix /lib/systemd/system/openhab2.service

2 Likes

So the new ngre is default. So, we can use jython?

Hi All,
It’s great that OH3 is out!
However, I’m having troubles updating it from 2.5.9.
Can someone please provide the runtime/bin/update command line I need to run to update to 3.0.0 M1?

Thanks,
Randy

Got it. update 3.0.0.M1 …

4 posts were split to a new topic: Node-Red on OH3

Is it just me, or does anybody else have issues with IKEA tradfri plug? It just turns on and off continuously and doesn’t stop until I restart openhab 3 and remove the item.

I noticed support for legacy add-ons has been removed for OH3.
The main add-on I use is the Leviton OMNIlink binding. Does this mean, until someone updates the OMNIlink binding for 3.0.0, I won’t have support for this HA device?

Thanks,
Randy

2 Likes

Indeed, nobody started migrating this binding to openHAB 2/3.
There was a poll quite some time ago, showing just 2 users for this binding.

1 Like

In general: this issue tracks the status of existing bindings, and what will happen in v3

Thanks for the quick reply.
Oh … that is unfortunate. My main HA controller is the Leviton OMNIPro IIe.
I love OH, but will need to migrate to another platform if this binding is not supported in the long-term.

There might be another possibility on the horizon. If no one will pick up the work on the OH3-version of the Leviton binding, this might fulfill your needs (even it requires another openHAB instance)

It seems that it´s WiP due to the issue tracker… https://github.com/orgs/openhab/projects/3#card-46836599

You can link 2 OH instances today already using the MQTT event bus so you can keep an OH2 instance to serve all the v1 bindings you need that are not in OH3.

Thanks @RGroll. I’ll keep an eye on this.

You are right :slight_smile: - even if this seems not as easy as install a binding and use autodiscovery

Thanks @mstormi.
FYI - The setup is documented here --> how to create such a setup with MQTT

1 Like

OMG looks so cool the new design! You are the best :wink: Can we help the translate part? I didn’t find any information regarding this

If you’ll do a search a search on the forum here you’ll find there is a openHAB 2 version of the binding in development (The openHAB 1 migration issue actually links to the source code). So that would mean it won’t be to hard to create a version 3. I would suggest start using that openHAB 2 version and test to see if that works on your system, so the developers can make sure the binding works correctly.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: ZigBee Bitron stick

A post was merged into an existing topic: ZigBee Bitron stick