openHAB 3.0 Milestone 1 discussion

There is a discussion on this in git hub https://github.com/openhab/openhab-core/issues/1620. As far as in understand the Binding is obsolete, but the new functionality is under development and should be compatible to the binding

2 Likes

Anyone know what the latest is with regards to the serial binding in OH 3.0? Iā€™m currently using that to interface with an RFLink gateway.

Looks great and I also tried to create some rules. How do I create there yaml-formatted rules with textual files within the rules folder?

And where can I find a documentation regarding classes and methods in js rules?

Is it possible to create global methods or modules like in the helper libraries?

Trying to create rule via GUI OH3 with time of day condition.

HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR
Getting handler ā€˜core.TimeOfDayConditionā€™ for module ā€˜4ā€™ failed: Text ā€˜0:00ā€™ could not be parsed at index 0

I moved to HABApp that has similar functionality but it does not work with OH3 yet due to REST API issues in OH3.

I similarly cannot move to OH3 until this is resolved.

Reply to myself. Time should be in hh:mm format, while UI set it in h:mm.

@Advur May I ask you to create an issue explaining your findings in https://github.com/openhab/openhab-webui/issues? Thanks.

When going to the download page on the homepage and choosing Linux and milestone build the ā€œPackage Installationā€ is described wrong.
It is still the way openHAB2 is installed.
Who can correct this?

Instead of openhab2 it is now just openhab

Hello all, I just installed OH3 and the interface is very good!

However, when I restored the configurations, my Xiaomi devices are not thereā€¦
The other issue that I found: it appears that I cannot see the logs from http://openhab:9001, I have to go to the console to do thisā€¦

Paulo

Thatā€™s probably because the log folder has moved, you need to edit the frontail.service unit file and change to the correct path, and then restart the service.

Edit: the file is located in /etc/systemd/system/, change the ExecStart line and replace /var/log/openhab2/ā€¦ with /var/log/openhab/ā€¦

2 Likes

Just fired up a new test container for OH3 and it looks great! Thereā€™s a lot to learn but Iā€™m excited to dig in and am working on porting over my existing installation.

Has anyone been successful in getting NodeRED connected? I know the Rest API is now secured so Iā€™m sure that has something to do with it, but Iā€™m not able to connect even with entering credentials in NodeRED.

Hi, there is another simple issue, I noticed that openhab doesnā€™t start automatically after I reboot, I have to start it manually. I think that somewhere it is trying to start openhab2. Where can I find this configuration in order to solve this issue??

I also noticed that there are some errors due to the OH2 folders:

2020-10-14 13:49:17.116 [ERROR] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Cannot create folder /var/lib/openhab2/tmp/bundles. Is the folder write-protected?

2020-10-14 13:54:50.397 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ā€˜openhab-package-expertā€™: No matching features for openhab-package-expert/0

both of these are not openHAB3 issues but related to your OS and installation method
So please keep these off this thread

PS: change directory in /etc/systemd/system/frontail.service and fix /lib/systemd/system/openhab2.service

2 Likes

So the new ngre is default. So, we can use jython?

Hi All,
Itā€™s great that OH3 is out!
However, Iā€™m having troubles updating it from 2.5.9.
Can someone please provide the runtime/bin/update command line I need to run to update to 3.0.0 M1?

Thanks,
Randy

Got it. update 3.0.0.M1 ā€¦

4 posts were split to a new topic: Node-Red on OH3

Is it just me, or does anybody else have issues with IKEA tradfri plug? It just turns on and off continuously and doesnā€™t stop until I restart openhab 3 and remove the item.

I noticed support for legacy add-ons has been removed for OH3.
The main add-on I use is the Leviton OMNIlink binding. Does this mean, until someone updates the OMNIlink binding for 3.0.0, I wonā€™t have support for this HA device?

Thanks,
Randy

2 Likes