openHAB 3.0 Milestone 1 discussion

Thanks @RGroll. I’ll keep an eye on this.

You are right :slight_smile: - even if this seems not as easy as install a binding and use autodiscovery

Thanks @mstormi.
FYI - The setup is documented here --> how to create such a setup with MQTT

1 Like

OMG looks so cool the new design! You are the best :wink: Can we help the translate part? I didn’t find any information regarding this

If you’ll do a search a search on the forum here you’ll find there is a openHAB 2 version of the binding in development (The openHAB 1 migration issue actually links to the source code). So that would mean it won’t be to hard to create a version 3. I would suggest start using that openHAB 2 version and test to see if that works on your system, so the developers can make sure the binding works correctly.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: ZigBee Bitron stick

A post was merged into an existing topic: ZigBee Bitron stick

Please people don’t paste any issues into this thread that are not of general nature or not specific to OH3.
Open separate, specific threads, else we’ll all lose the overview quickly, devaluating this thread.
Thank you.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: OH3 logging on start

Hi,

have migrated from 2.5.9 yesterday, after cleanup most of the setup is working fine.
Have still some issues with rules and exec binding.

anyone has issues with Influx db ? i have cleaned the database after upgrade but still recieve the below error for several items, any expalantion why the data type changes ?

==> /var/log/openhab/openhab.log <==

2020-10-16 10:58:00.784 [ERROR] [org.influxdb.impl.BatchProcessor    ] - Batch could not be sent. Data will be lost

org.influxdb.InfluxDBException$FieldTypeConflictException: partial write: field type conflict: input field "value" on measurement "Echo_Kueche_links_TTS_Volume" is type float, already exists as type integer dropped=5

at org.influxdb.InfluxDBException.buildExceptionFromErrorMessage(InfluxDBException.java:144) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.influxdb.InfluxDBException.buildExceptionForErrorState(InfluxDBException.java:173) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.influxdb.impl.InfluxDBImpl.execute(InfluxDBImpl.java:827) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.influxdb.impl.InfluxDBImpl.write(InfluxDBImpl.java:460) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.influxdb.impl.OneShotBatchWriter.write(OneShotBatchWriter.java:22) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.influxdb.impl.BatchProcessor.write(BatchProcessor.java:340) [bundleFile:?]

at org.influxdb.impl.BatchProcessor$2.run(BatchProcessor.java:370) [bundleFile:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

2020-10-16 10:58:00.834 [ERROR] [org.influxdb.impl.BatchProcessor    ] - Batch could not be sent. Data will be lost

org.influxdb.InfluxDBException$FieldTypeConflictException: partial write: field type conflict: input field "value" on measurement "Fibaro_TEMP_12" is type float, already exists as type integer dropped=34

at org.influxdb.InfluxDBException.buildExceptionFromErrorMessage(InfluxDBException.java:144) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.influxdb.InfluxDBException.buildExceptionForErrorState(InfluxDBException.java:173) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.influxdb.impl.InfluxDBImpl.execute(InfluxDBImpl.java:827) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.influxdb.impl.InfluxDBImpl.write(InfluxDBImpl.java:460) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.influxdb.impl.OneShotBatchWriter.write(OneShotBatchWriter.java:22) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.influxdb.impl.BatchProcessor.write(BatchProcessor.java:340) [bundleFile:?]

at org.influxdb.impl.BatchProcessor$2.run(BatchProcessor.java:370) [bundleFile:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

Thanks
Thomas

For now we’re still in the process of adding the necessary infrastructure ([Main UI] How to organize i18n source files? · Issue #394 · openhab/openhab-webui · GitHub), when it’s ready we’ll probably post an announcement. Thanks for your interest!

1 Like

I can confirm I’m seeing the same exceptions. I’ve not done any looking into it yet. I see it for many Item types, not just float/integers.

Hello,

I’m facing an issue with the REST API which is new in 3.0.0, using it with HomeBridge (historically, the HomeKit binding was not satisfying and not supporting enough device types, so I switched to HB for HK)

When HB tries to interact with the REST API, the following happens in stack trace:

2020-10-16 18:58:25.848 [ERROR] [rg.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils] - No message body reader has been found for class java.lang.String, ContentType: application/octet-stream
2020-10-16 18:58:25.858 [WARN ] [s.impl.WebApplicationExceptionMapper] - javax.ws.rs.WebApplicationException: HTTP 415 Unsupported Media Type
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils.readFromMessageBody(JAXRSUtils.java:1382)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils.processRequestBodyParameter(JAXRSUtils.java:877)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils.processParameters(JAXRSUtils.java:822)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.interceptor.JAXRSInInterceptor.processRequest(JAXRSInInterceptor.java:214)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.interceptor.JAXRSInInterceptor.handleMessage(JAXRSInInterceptor.java:78)
	at org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:308)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.ChainInitiationObserver.onMessage(ChainInitiationObserver.java:121)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.AbstractHTTPDestination.invoke(AbstractHTTPDestination.java:267)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invokeDestination(ServletController.java:234)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invoke(ServletController.java:208)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invoke(ServletController.java:160)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.CXFNonSpringServlet.invoke(CXFNonSpringServlet.java:216)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.handleRequest(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:301)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.doPost(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:220)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.service(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:276)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:852)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:544)
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceServletHandler.doHandle(HttpServiceServletHandler.java:71)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:536)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:127)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:235)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:1581)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:233)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1307)
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceContext.doHandle(HttpServiceContext.java:293)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:188)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:482)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:1549)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:186)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1204)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.JettyServerHandlerCollection.handle(JettyServerHandlerCollection.java:80)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:127)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:494)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:374)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:268)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:311)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:103)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ChannelEndPoint$2.run(ChannelEndPoint.java:117)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.runTask(EatWhatYouKill.java:336)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.doProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:313)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.tryProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:171)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.run(EatWhatYouKill.java:129)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.ReservedThreadExecutor$ReservedThread.run(ReservedThreadExecutor.java:367)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:782)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$Runner.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:918)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

The request generating this error is the following:

This was perfectly running in 2.5.x.

Please let me know if I’m not reporting the bug in the right place!

Cheers,

Ben

This is more an issue with the HomeBridge plugin than with openHAB.

It’s already been opened as an issue: https://github.com/steilerDev/homebridge-openhab2-complete/issues/87

1 Like

Well it breaks a backward compatibility with systems compatible with 2.5.x - but anyway good to see that there is already work in progress on this.

Do you use the new feature of the new influx binding which allows sending values in a single measurement by using tags?
This is what I do and I thought it would be related to this new feature. Meaning, integers or floats in a measurement which was created with the respective other type.

I tried installing running are fresh install of the milestone on my macbook pro and I can add bindings but can’t add any things. I have no Things page and my inbox is missing…

There is no indication in the UI of what to do next…

Did I do something wrong?

Edit: I was able to fix this by restarting openhab. I don’t know why it was necessary to do so though…

My plan was to have my Jython and helper library add-ons merged into OH 2.5.0 about year ago! But they were never merged and are now closed.

2 Likes

I suppose you were using the new InfluxDB version addon that is mainly a complete rewrite of previous one introducing also Influx2 support.
Can you confirm the addon version an open an issue with that and details about your item definition, influxdb version, and previous openhab.log entries about influxdb addon (setup previously to TRACE org.openhab.persistence.influxdb category).
And any details you can provide to reproduce the issue, please put also previous

The addon was developed and tested with OH 3.0, but I was not able to do extensive testing as at the moment it was integrated OH 3.0 was very little usable.

Hello,
I have 2 problem with the OH3 via openhab Cloud.
The first one, if I access the openhab 3 dashboard with the link on openhab cloud, the oh icons doesn’t appear, I have 404 :

The second problem is with the PWA, if I install the PWA from my ip adress like 192.168.1.X on my Android phone, everything work great.
If I install it with https://home.myopenhab.org URL, the PWA work the first time and when I close it and reopend it, he don’t work anymore.
Here the chrome dev tool debug result for the PWA :

Where I can open issue on this 2 points?

thank for you work

Edit : added Screenshot debug PWA