openHAB 3.0 Release discussion

Update 3.0.2 is working. Homematic Binding up and Running
Thx for fix

Ingo

3.0.1-2 to be precise.

Running openHABian with current version on openhab3
After upgrading to 3.0.1-2 OH3 got stuck and nothing happened for 10minutes, same after a reboot.

So I had a look into the console, which showed nearly all bindings and netty and some GUIs on Resolved, after bundle:start xxx of them all, now it seems everything runs again. Strangeā€¦

@Kai : just to be clear: the new 3.0.1 does not include many changes on bindings merged since last Christmas? For example, new features for the Sonos bindings are not included?
99ā„… of the changes for the bindings will be available in 3.1 at end of June?

Correct, as per semantic versioning, this is a pure patch release, addressing some major or critical bugs only for anybody on the stable release path.
See @rlkoshak excellent summary of the different versions above.

Updated my Integration and later also the production system to 3.0.1-2. Everything looking fine.
Only had to restart KODI Binding, as I had log messages, that the mediacenter gone offline every hourā€¦

Fresh 3.0.1 installation, latest updates:
sudo openhabian-config > 50-Backup/Restore > 50-Backup Openhabian Config
is not working as expected. When I look inside the ZIP file of the backup, no files in /conf are backed up. It means no items, items, scripts, thingsā€¦ there is always only txt file containing what should be inside.

Thanks, i dont know where to write it.
Michal

Maybe you try:

sudo openhab-cli backup

I created a backup with this method (3.0.1) and in conf directory I see .items, .rules and so on.

you can restore with:

sudo openhab-cli restore /var/lib/openhab/backups/FILENAME.zip

(For restore you first have to stop OH)

No change. Important directories are empty. At least i have copied the zip to windows and checked the ZIP file there.

version 3.0.2 has just been released. Does it have the newer OSGi version of the 3.1.0 repo?

No such upgrades are too risky for bugfix releases like 3.0.2. It will be part of 3.1.0.M4.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification, Officially Z-Wave users with newer devices need to wait 8 months to run a stable version of OH since SNAPSHOT updates for database changes are broken for 3.0.x users.

Bruce this is nonsense and ultimately wrong as discussed on the other thread. ZWave works fine and is up to date in 3.1 snapshots. Any user in need of new devices can OFFICIALLY use 3.1 snapshots or milestones.
Repeating this negative claim over and over doesnā€™t make it any better so would you finally please stop shouting that around.

If you check the following topic, you will see how to provide an up-to-date Z-Wave binding for openhab 3.0.1 or 3.0.2ā€¦

The zwave database could also be updated by @chris on the zwave 3.0.x branch similar to how it was updated on the 2.5.x branch.

1 Like

I wasnā€™t aware of this branch. We seem to randomly change branches these days with no notice - the change from master to main was made with no notification and that also broke things for ages :frowning:

Iā€™ll try to set up a script to update this branch as wellā€¦

4 Likes

That is a good solution but this is the first time I have seen it mentioned.

Iā€™m not a heavyweight in the OH community and have limited technical skills (I use openhabian under the promise you donā€™t have to be a linux expert to use OH), but have to agree with Bruceā€™s concern. I had a new zwave device and try to basically run with the stable version (or at least testing) but had to move to snapshot 2310, beyond M3. I think a change like this should have waited until at least a milestone. There are a constant stream of new Z-wave devices coming out. My two cents.

Bob

But the point of a stable version is that it does not change, especially not involving the ā€˜latest thingā€™. Cake and eat it.

1 Like

Maybe 3.0.2 release notes should mention if addā€™ons were improved over 3.0.1 or not. Iā€™m on 3.1.0.M3 and Iā€™m using some of the new addā€™ons, and improved versions of existing ones. If I install 3.0.2 will I revert to older addā€™ons ?