openHAB 3.1 Milestone discussion

This also did not bring the colors back :frowning:

It also seems that the log:DiSPLAY has now the “tail” option per default as I only get the last few lines when running the command???

@Kai, @wborn,

I found this in the same thread that you have mentioned above:

> The karaf console => log:tail is no longer colored, but all white. I checked 
> my org.apache.karaf.log.cfg file and there is no '--no-color' property there. 
> So i debugged a bit 
> org.apache.karaf.log.core.internal.LogEventFormatterImpl.getColor(PaxLoggingEvent,
>  boolean) and found an issue there.
> return level2Color.get(event.getLevel());
> the map key is of type org.osgi.service.log.LogLevel, while event.getLevel() 
> is of type org.ops4j.pax.logging.spi.PaxLevel (incompatible). So for testing 
> purposes i changed to return level2Color.get(event.getLevel().toLevel()); 
> (which is the proper LogLevel type)
> and the console was colored again.
> I file this as minor although for me it is at least normal, i got very used 
> to the color-coded log levels... :)

especially this part:

>  ... So for testing 
> purposes i changed to return level2Color.get(event.getLevel().toLevel()); 
> (which is the proper LogLevel type)
> and the console was colored again.

Does it make sense to fix this manually as a workaround until it is fixed in karaf?
I don’t where level2Color.get() is located :frowning: Every hint is appreciated.

Would you want to create an issue at openhab-distro so that we can move the discussion there?

Of course. This is directly on Github, right? Sorry, I am not so used to do this :slight_smile: but I find my way to it … I am currently not at home. I will do when I get back!

Thanks for rating this as a valid issue!

Issue submitted:

@Kai with regards to rooting out regressions before the release of 3.1, it looks like the regression that appeared in M3 that impacts users with apache reverse proxies hasn’t been addressed yet: github issue & forum discussion

1 Like

Hello all since M5 build of openhab 3.1 i get this error

2021-06-01 14:08:07.859 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle:

file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.weatherflowsmartweather-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.weatherflowsmartweather [313]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: javax.measure; version="[1.0.0,2.0.0)"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:463) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.200.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:440) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.200.jar:?]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

I get this as well now after upgrading from 3.1M2 - 3.1M5 for a binding (opensprinkler) which I have dropped into the addons folder

Why is the yioremote binding not working from the official repository but if i local add it to the addon folder it’s running fine?

When you see this error, the add-on needs to be recompiled because the UoM dependencies got a major update with openhab-core#2319.

1 Like

Hi all, since M5 I don’t see my manually defined items (from itemsfile) linked to channels (in the thing web interface) anymore. This looks specific to the LuxtronikHeatpump binding. All other manual items look to be linked properly.
These manually defined items doesn’t get any updates from the binding whereas new items defined within the interface do get updates.
Might that be due to M5 changes? Or would that be binding-specific?

Make sure Item types and channel types match, in case quantities (with units) are involved.

Thanks for the hint.
Got it, the channel ids where just updated. I didn’t see that as my VSCode extension still showed to old ids.

Like JustinG mentioned, a few folks having this issue with apache reverse proxy no longer working after M2. This seems to have broken on upgrade from M2 to M3 if I recall correctly. M4 didn’t address the issue either.

If there is anything I can do to help testing let me know.

I am running here Openhab Milestone Release 3.1.0.M5. On a different Node I have installed influxdb v2 and it is configured (and this is also working), but I get lots and lots of messages in the /var/log/openhab/openhab.log that openhab is trying to write WAL data onto the local disc to /var/lib/influxdb/… and there is no space left on device. The directory is simply not there. There is no local installation of influxdb.
How to solve this problem?

2021-06-16 04:28:36.541 [ERROR] [.client.write.events.WriteErrorEvent] - The error occurred during writing of data
com.influxdb.exceptions.InternalServerErrorException: unexpected error writing points to database: engine: error writing WAL entry: write /var/lib/influxdb/engine/wal/b65f7267b47ae478/autogen/88/_00001.wal: no space left on device
at com.influxdb.internal.AbstractRestClient.responseToError(AbstractRestClient.java:118) ~[bundleFile:?]
at com.influxdb.client.internal.AbstractWriteClient.toInfluxException(AbstractWriteClient.java:574) ~[bundleFile:?]
at com.influxdb.client.internal.AbstractWriteClient.lambda$new$12(AbstractWriteClient.java:181) ~[bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.subscribers.LambdaSubscriber.onNext(LambdaSubscriber.java:65) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableDoFinally$DoFinallySubscriber.onNext(FlowableDoFinally.java:84) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.mixed.FlowableConcatMapMaybe$ConcatMapMaybeSubscriber.drain(FlowableConcatMapMaybe.java:284) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.mixed.FlowableConcatMapMaybe$ConcatMapMaybeSubscriber.onNext(FlowableConcatMapMaybe.java:137) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.mixed.FlowableConcatMapSingle$ConcatMapSingleSubscriber.drain(FlowableConcatMapSingle.java:279) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.mixed.FlowableConcatMapSingle$ConcatMapSingleSubscriber.innerSuccess(FlowableConcatMapSingle.java:179) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.mixed.FlowableConcatMapSingle$ConcatMapSingleSubscriber$ConcatMapSingleObserver.onSuccess(FlowableConcatMapSingle.java:317) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.single.SingleMap$MapSingleObserver.onSuccess(SingleMap.java:64) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.single.SingleMap$MapSingleObserver.onSuccess(SingleMap.java:64) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableCollectSingle$CollectSubscriber.onComplete(FlowableCollectSingle.java:119) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.subscribers.BasicFuseableSubscriber.onComplete(BasicFuseableSubscriber.java:120) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.subscribers.BasicFuseableConditionalSubscriber.onComplete(BasicFuseableConditionalSubscriber.java:119) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableGroupBy$State.checkTerminated(FlowableGroupBy.java:686) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableGroupBy$State.drainNormal(FlowableGroupBy.java:626) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableGroupBy$State.drain(FlowableGroupBy.java:558) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableGroupBy$State.onComplete(FlowableGroupBy.java:548) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableGroupBy$GroupedUnicast.onComplete(FlowableGroupBy.java:474) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableGroupBy$GroupBySubscriber.onComplete(FlowableGroupBy.java:213) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.processors.UnicastProcessor.checkTerminated(UnicastProcessor.java:430) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.processors.UnicastProcessor.drainRegular(UnicastProcessor.java:314) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.processors.UnicastProcessor.drain(UnicastProcessor.java:397) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.processors.UnicastProcessor.onComplete(UnicastProcessor.java:487) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableWindowBoundarySupplier$WindowBoundaryMainSubscriber.drain(FlowableWindowBoundarySupplier.java:254) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableWindowBoundarySupplier$WindowBoundaryMainSubscriber.innerNext(FlowableWindowBoundarySupplier.java:166) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableWindowBoundarySupplier$WindowBoundaryInnerSubscriber.onNext(FlowableWindowBoundarySupplier.java:316) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.processors.PublishProcessor$PublishSubscription.onNext(PublishProcessor.java:360) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.processors.PublishProcessor.onNext(PublishProcessor.java:243) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableFlatMap$MergeSubscriber.tryEmit(FlowableFlatMap.java:282) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableFlatMap$InnerSubscriber.onNext(FlowableFlatMap.java:668) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.subscribers.SerializedSubscriber.onNext(SerializedSubscriber.java:100) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableWindowTimed$WindowExactBoundedSubscriber.drainLoop(FlowableWindowTimed.java:498) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableWindowTimed$WindowExactBoundedSubscriber$ConsumerIndexHolder.run(FlowableWindowTimed.java:579) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.Scheduler$Worker$PeriodicTask.run(Scheduler.java:479) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.schedulers.ScheduledRunnable.run(ScheduledRunnable.java:66) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.schedulers.ScheduledRunnable.call(ScheduledRunnable.java:57) [bundleFile:?]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]
2021-06-16 04:28:42.541 [ERROR] [.client.write.events.WriteErrorEvent] - The error occurred during writing of data
com.influxdb.exceptions.InternalServerErrorException: unexpected error writing points to database: engine: error writing WAL entry: write /var/lib/influxdb/engine/wal/b65f7267b47ae478/autogen/88/_00001.wal: no space left on device
at com.influxdb.internal.AbstractRestClient.responseToError(AbstractRestClient.java:118) ~[bundleFile:?]
at com.influxdb.client.internal.AbstractWriteClient.toInfluxException(AbstractWriteClient.java:574) ~[bundleFile:?]
at com.influxdb.client.internal.AbstractWriteClient.lambda$new$12(AbstractWriteClient.java:181) ~[bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.subscribers.LambdaSubscriber.onNext(LambdaSubscriber.java:65) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableDoFinally$DoFinallySubscriber.onNext(FlowableDoFinally.java:84) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.mixed.FlowableConcatMapMaybe$ConcatMapMaybeSubscriber.drain(FlowableConcatMapMaybe.java:284) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.mixed.FlowableConcatMapMaybe$ConcatMapMaybeSubscriber.onNext(FlowableConcatMapMaybe.java:137) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.mixed.FlowableConcatMapSingle$ConcatMapSingleSubscriber.drain(FlowableConcatMapSingle.java:279) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.mixed.FlowableConcatMapSingle$ConcatMapSingleSubscriber.innerSuccess(FlowableConcatMapSingle.java:179) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.mixed.FlowableConcatMapSingle$ConcatMapSingleSubscriber$ConcatMapSingleObserver.onSuccess(FlowableConcatMapSingle.java:317) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableCollectSingle$CollectSubscriber.onComplete(FlowableCollectSingle.java:119) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.subscribers.BasicFuseableSubscriber.onComplete(BasicFuseableSubscriber.java:120) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.subscribers.BasicFuseableConditionalSubscriber.onComplete(BasicFuseableConditionalSubscriber.java:119) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableGroupBy$State.checkTerminated(FlowableGroupBy.java:686) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableGroupBy$State.drainNormal(FlowableGroupBy.java:626) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableGroupBy$State.drain(FlowableGroupBy.java:558) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableGroupBy$State.onComplete(FlowableGroupBy.java:548) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableGroupBy$GroupedUnicast.onComplete(FlowableGroupBy.java:474) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableGroupBy$GroupBySubscriber.onComplete(FlowableGroupBy.java:213) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.processors.UnicastProcessor.checkTerminated(UnicastProcessor.java:430) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.processors.UnicastProcessor.drainRegular(UnicastProcessor.java:314) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.processors.UnicastProcessor.drain(UnicastProcessor.java:397) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.processors.UnicastProcessor.onComplete(UnicastProcessor.java:487) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableWindowBoundarySupplier$WindowBoundaryMainSubscriber.drain(FlowableWindowBoundarySupplier.java:254) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableWindowBoundarySupplier$WindowBoundaryMainSubscriber.innerNext(FlowableWindowBoundarySupplier.java:166) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableWindowBoundarySupplier$WindowBoundaryInnerSubscriber.onNext(FlowableWindowBoundarySupplier.java:316) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.processors.PublishProcessor$PublishSubscription.onNext(PublishProcessor.java:360) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.processors.PublishProcessor.onNext(PublishProcessor.java:243) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableFlatMap$MergeSubscriber.tryEmit(FlowableFlatMap.java:282) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableFlatMap$InnerSubscriber.onNext(FlowableFlatMap.java:668) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.subscribers.SerializedSubscriber.onNext(SerializedSubscriber.java:100) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableWindowTimed$WindowExactBoundedSubscriber.drainLoop(FlowableWindowTimed.java:498) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableWindowTimed$WindowExactBoundedSubscriber$ConsumerIndexHolder.run(FlowableWindowTimed.java:579) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.Scheduler$Worker$PeriodicTask.run(Scheduler.java:479) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.schedulers.ScheduledRunnable.run(ScheduledRunnable.java:66) [bundleFile:?]
at io.reactivex.internal.schedulers.ScheduledRunnable.call(ScheduledRunnable.java:57) [bundleFile:?]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]

It seems as this is an error received from the influxdb rest endpoint, that gets thrown as an exception from the influxdb library included in openHAB. So the path referenced is probably on the remote node. I would look into the storage configuration there, and try to manually insert values into the DB to see what happens

Oh, thanks a lot for pointing me at this direction, will look there further. Sorry interpreted it as a message from the local openhab node.

Hi,
after updating to RC1, the Nest binding is not working for me. All things (including the “Nest Account” thing) remain in status “UNITIALIZED” - HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR.
I see no errors in the log and when I try to issue log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.nest in the karaf console, I get Error executing command: Unable to set level for logger .

I uninstalled the RC1 Nest binding and installed the RC5 Nest binding and everything is working again. Can anybody confirm this behavior?

Thanks,
Matt

It’s expected behavior if you didn’t read and act on the Nest update instruction:

The binding now also supports the SDM API. To keep using the WWN API, add the ‘wwn_’ prefix to Thing Types in files or recreate the WWN Nest Things using the UI with your current WWN account configuration parameters.

1 Like

Oeps! Thanks for the clarification! This wasn’t really clear to me… obviously :flushed: