openHAB 3.1 Milestone discussion

This topic can be used to discuss problems/experiences/questions on the openHAB 3.1 milestones as announced in openHAB 3.1 Milestone Builds.

1 Like

Were [samsungtv] Fix WebSocket TVs stay UNKNOWN until first power-on by morph166955 · Pull Request #9923 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub or [samsungtv] Fixed device.getIdentity().getDescriptorURL() comparison by morph166955 · Pull Request #9762 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub included? I did not see them on the release notes however they have been committed for a while now. Thanks!

Hi all, when I switch to test branch with openhabian-config menu it have an error:

[openHABian] Loading configuration file '/etc/openhabian.conf'... OK
2021-02-01_13:13:13_CET [openHABian] openHABian configuration tool version: [openHAB3]patchday-20210119-1147(fbc2b15)
2021-02-01_13:13:14_CET [openHABian] Checking for changes in origin branch openHAB3... OK
2021-02-01_13:13:17_CET [openHABian] Switching to branch openHAB3... OK
2021-02-01_13:13:56_CET [openHABian] Updating Linux package information... OK
2021-02-01_13:13:57_CET [openHABian] Beginning install of latest openHAB3 milestone release (testing)... OK
2021-02-01_13:13:58_CET [openHABian] Adding required keys to apt... OK
2021-02-01_13:14:01_CET [openHABian] Installing selected openHAB3 version... FAILED
2021-02-01_13:14:40_CET [openHABian] Checking for default openHABian username:password combination... OK

however the installation seems to finish ok if I start openhab

Hi all,

also gave the 3.1.0 M1 a try today. After upgrading from latest 3.0 i have this warnings flooding the openhab.log file:

2021-02-01 14:18:18.678 [WARN ] [ab.binding.mqtt.generic.ChannelState] - Command ‘0’ not supported by type ‘OnOffValue’: No enum constant org.openhab.core.library.types.OnOffType.0
2021-02-01 14:18:20.990 [WARN ] [ab.binding.mqtt.generic.ChannelState] - Command ‘0’ not supported by type ‘OnOffValue’: No enum constant org.openhab.core.library.types.OnOffType.0
2021-02-01 14:18:30.821 [WARN ] [ab.binding.mqtt.generic.ChannelState] - Command ‘0’ not supported by type ‘OnOffValue’: No enum constant org.openhab.core.library.types.OnOffType.0
2021-02-01 14:18:31.772 [WARN ] [ab.binding.mqtt.generic.ChannelState] - Command ‘0’ not supported by type ‘OnOffValue’: No enum constant org.openhab.core.library.types.OnOffType.0

it wasn’t there in 3.0 so something propably changed here.

On the other hand it is realy hard to see what config file is causing that as i guess it is somehow fixable but no glue where i can start

Maybe it is related to this ? [mqtt] Remove default for contact/switch alternate on/off message by jochen314 · Pull Request #9760 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub

Anyhow it seems that 3.0 did a mapping of 0 and 1 to on and off, but that no longer seems to be the case. Maybe using the “custom on/open field value” field to gain that back?

thanks, yes i have seen that but was not clear if this is causing that

Where i’m a bit struggling now is which of my dozens of things files is causing that and i have to change :frowning:

more files = more fun?

yes, but it makes debugging easier in this case, so moved away all of them and copied back one by one and figured out it was a shelly1pm causing the issues, have fixed that with the below mapping:

Thing mqtt:topic:shelly1pm-02 “shelly1pm-02” (mqtt:broker:mosquitto) @ “Keller” {
Channels:
Type switch: powerswitch [ stateTopic = “shellies/shelly1pm-02/relay/0”, on=“on”, off=“off”,
commandTopic = “shellies/shelly1pm-02/relay/0/command”, on=“on”, off=“off” ]
Type switch: input [ stateTopic = “shellies/shelly1pm-02/input/0”, on=“1”, off=“0”]
Type number: power [ stateTopic = “shellies/shelly1pm-02/relay/0/power” ]
}

and it was exact what you expected:

mosquitto_sub -v -t “#” |grep shelly1pm-02

shellies/shelly1pm-02/relay/0 off
shellies/shelly1pm-02/longpush/0 0
shellies/shelly1pm-02/input_event/0 {“event”:“S”,“event_cnt”:21}
shellies/shelly1pm-02/input/0 0
shellies/shelly1pm-02/relay/0 off

sems that all there output/relays are on/off but input/button is 0/1

couldn’t we make this log more precise and log the channel?
especialy after #9760 is applied i expect more to run into this.

I haven’t been using milestone or snapshot releases yet. But now I am thinking about moving to milestone releases. Could somebody please share his best parctices here as I was not able to find answers in other threads.

1. openhabian-config does not provide a way to move to milestone releases so I think I need to install a new image. Is that correct?
    how can I move to milestone release without installing a complete new image?

2. Once I have moved to milestone M1, how will I manage to update to M2? Installing another time a full image or is it possible to apt update and upgrade from M1 to M2?

1. No, change the openHAB repo to the “testing” repo and update and you should move to the milestone. I don’t have access to openhabian-config at the moment but I think that’s done in the “openHAB settings” menu.

2. Just run an update and after M2 is released your OH will update to it.

1 Like

M1 installed. Many thanks Rich.

Hi!

I just updated to 3.1.0.M1 and I’m experiencing very weird behaviour with items connected to color channels. No matter where i look at these items, Model page, Items page, or Main UI there is no Slider or color slider tool presented for Slider or Color Items connected to a Color Channel. There is only the Item’s state as string presented.

If i change the semantics on a color item in the Model page a slider tool sometimes pops up but disappears as soon as i look at another Item and go back to the one before.

Uploading two pictures to illustrate:

Before changing semantic property on Item:

After changing semantic property from Light to something else a color slider is shown:

Am I missing something, anyone else seeing the same thing?

1 Like

I use all lights with Deconz binding. Checked same lights with hue binding and it’s not the same behaviour. I will file some kind of bug report.

1 Like

Same issue for me, I use deconz too. No problem with my KNX dimmer neither with deconz dimmer, I only have this issue with color and color temperature

1 Like

My color and brightness channels disappeared for every thing on the Hue binding. I have to delete and re-add the thing for the channel to return. Sounds like it’s related.

Not sending mail

Windows 10 Pro (64)
Zulu 11.45.27-ca-jdk11.0.10-win_x64

Mail works fine in 3.0.1 but when I try 3.1.0.M1 get the following error

14:01:10.156 [WARN ] [hab.binding.mail.internal.SMTPHandler] - Sending the email to the following server failed : smtp.gmail.com:465
14:01:10.156 [WARN ] [hab.binding.mail.internal.SMTPHandler] - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'boolean javax.activation.MimeType.isSpecial(char)'

Tested 3.1.0.M2 whit same error.

1 Like

I am on openhabian, OH 3.0.1, “main” branch. I should receive OH3.1 by sudo apt-get update/upgrade, right? But neither this nor openhabian-config, option 02, initiates the upgrade.

What am I doing wrong?

OpenHAB 3.1 has not been released :wink:

go to menu 41 and choose the correct related tree testing / unstable

1 Like