openHAB 3.1 Milestone discussion

I can confirm this:

• uninstalling hueemulation
  • update from M3 to M4
  • no problems
  • installing hueemulation
  • errors as described

In M3 the Velux binding works fine. However, in M4 it seems the item values are not updated, so I had to switch back to M3. The problem seems to occur both with the build-in m4 binding and if I use jar file org.openhab.binding.velux-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar in the addons folder.
@AndrewFG : Have you experienced similar?

No. For me it works perfectly.

@EjvindHald can you please provide more context (e.g. setup and/or logs) so I can dig deeper?

I tried again a couple of times, and it is actually working in M4 now.
I do not know what problem was, but I did not see these messages:

2021-05-08 12:06:16.599 [INFO ] [.internal.handler.VeluxBridgeHandler] - Initializing Velux Bridge ā€˜velux:klf200:homeā€™.
2021-05-08 12:06:21.097 [INFO ] [g.velux.internal.bridge.slip.SClogin] - velux bridge connection successfully established (login succeeded).

The Velux Thing went eventually online dealyed but still without these messages in the log. However, it seems to be working now. So I cannot reproduce.

I have the exact same issue. A fix would be great.

That is correct. In the code review of the M4 changes, the respective OH maintainer requested not to log success at INFO level, but only to log failure at WARN level.

So you will no longer see log entries about normal successful events. But only about events that failed. i.e. no news, is good news!

2 Likes

I hope this is an appropriate question for this thread. I canā€™t figure out a good combination of keywords to search for and probably wonā€™t describe the issue using all the right terms. Iā€™m on 3.1M4.

When creating MainUI cells/labels, all ā€˜Pickerā€™ dialogs are now puling from the Model by label and not including non-semantic items unless the checkbox is ticked. In either case, you cannot search by item name. My item names are much more valuable to me than their labels, and many items are not yet in the model. Lastly, loading the model and then including non-semantic items is a slow process on my Pi4.

I realize that a well-organized/labeled model is the future, but meanwhile is there a way to force these picker to show all items and allow searching by item name, not label only?

Thanks!

I am using the new Resol binding in 3.1.0 M4. Everything is configured using files, and the setup and connection is fine.
However, the item values with temperatures and so on are only updated when OH starts and not after that. In karaf console I can restart the resol binding which forces the item values to be updated once.
@ramack : Have you experienced this?

Dear community members, please do no use this thread for anything you see happen in 3.1M4 or any 3.1M.
It is to discuss issues that have been identified already to be caused by and specific to 3.1M4.
If you continue posting any sort of issue like you currently do, we quickly loose readability and nooneā€™s gone neither read nor be able to help you with your issues any more soon.
So please: open your own threads in the first place. Thank you.

3 Likes

@Kai This is quite interesting, since the Metrics service broke the REST API with the switch from M3 to M4 also and I basically took over the whole way of creating a new REST endpoint from the Hue Emulation binding.

Iā€™m seeing unexpected behaviour with M4 and the Hue Emulation.

After startup I cannot access the Hue Emulation status page at /api/status. It looks like the openHAB rest API is using /api and /rest.

If I stop and start the Hue Emulation it then takes over using /api which then seems to break the rest api

It seems, that in M4 were changed some OSGI and Jetty-Components which have negative effects for some bindings and other functions. So i think, this should be discussed here. if this is not the right place, it would be nice, if you tell us where is the right place.

Thank You

open an Issue on GitHub for the addon impacted.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Jython thing triggers

@Dragonfly @Mercator1990 @pravussum @MikeJMajor
Issue is fixed
see [hueemulation] kills rest api and basic ui on M4 and SNAPSHOT Ā· Issue #10656 Ā· openhab/openhab-addons Ā· GitHub

1 Like

This is not a binding problem. the problem is caused by an not correct/changed behaviour of the jetty-websocket libraries in M4. we can not fix it in the bindingā€¦but we dont find somebody who can help usā€¦so at this time, the in openhab included binding of innogy-smarthome is uselessā€¦

i have opened an issue [InnogySmartHome] Bridge-Thing is not going ONLINE on OpenHAB 3.1.M4 Ā· Issue #10650 Ā· openhab/openhab-addons (github.com)

but nobody can fix itā€¦
we have contacted LIVISI and the deverlopers reported us, that the websocket-request coming from OH is missing some protocol and header standardsā€¦the websocket is handled by jetty and jetty is openhab coreā€¦

so what we can do?
Ralph

Did you also try the latest snapshot (build 2391 or newer)?
openHAB now uses Karaf 4.3.2 with Jetty 9.4.40.v20210413 which maybe helps.

Yesā€¦i tried the Snapshot from yesterdayā€¦Same error

Doesnā€™t sound like build 2391 which was only build today. Unless you are in Australia. :wink:

okā€¦i tried it now again with Build 2391ā€¦same error

1 Like