openHAB 3.1 Release discussion

If it is exactly the same problem as described here Update to Openhab 3.1.0 breaks Homematic Binding post the exact messages from openhab.log.

If it is different please open a new topic or issue. If you don’t receive data from sensors please check the callback address in the bridge configuration,

MySQL JDBC Persistence no longer writting to the database after upgrade from 3.02 to 3.1. I made a separate post on that, which includes also the error details → Community Post with full Error Logs

→ Problem fixed - Reason was that OH3.1 persistence service doesn’t tolerate errors in item types (ON/OFF item was changed to String). This was tolerated/ignored by the OH3.02 persistence service.

Upgrade was successful without issues.
Actually I was able to remove the manually added bindings
http (pre-emptive basic authentication)
icloud (FIX: response invalid: null)

Thanks to all of you for your great work! :smiley:

I also got this same issue when I upgraded today. Everything else went smoothly and it even gave me an excuse to cleanup the jsondb files :grinning:

My work around on the UniFi binding was to enable the UnifiOS setting - save - wait for it to fail (I’m not running that OS) - then disable the OS switch again and resave = ONLINE = :star_struck:

Thanks for the hint @DOliana :+1:

1 Like

Did the 3.1 upgrade through openhabian, reboot but facing problem that openhab is no longer working. no log generated (also empty IP:9001), no access to IP:8080. Grafana (IP:3000) can be opened (framework is loading) but no data from influxDB. Via console openhabian can be opened. …not sure where it got stopped during boot sequence…

Any idea how to recover?

I have started a post with this issue, I don’t find any information about it, and I don’t know if someone has this problem.

Updgrading from OH 3.0.2 to OH 3.1.0 break Xiaomi Mi Smart Home Binding, and reports a error in Kraft Console (this is under Windows 10).

Xiaomi Mi Home Gateway Binding not working on OpenHAB 3.1.0 - Add-ons / Bindings - openHAB Community

Any information would be apreciated, as all Xiaomi devices are currently not accesible.

Ruben

Has anyone had any issues with ZigBee binding after the update? I’m on x86 openHABian upgraded from 3.0.1. The ‘Upgrade System’ option didn’t update so needed to do a apt-get update && apt-get upgrade.

Once update was complete my Zigbee items show as online but don’t respond. I then removed one device and re-paired and shows as an Unrecognised device with no channels and offline. Zigbee has always been really flakey for me with devices going offline, maybe it’s time to give mqtt2zigbee a go :thinking:

Not really openhab, but my default html nginx page was reset to the default one so had to recreate it.

Other than that my 20+ things/bindings all online and working great. Thank you for all your good work!!! Love openHab, just wish I could crack reliable Zigbee devices!

It seems that the DenonMarantz binding changed.
Sending commands seem to work:
general#power --> OFF

The other way around (update from Denon) does not update the channel.

I need to investigate this further, but the same applies to

mainZone#volume
mainZone#input

3.0.2 did not have these issues.
Anyone else with this issue?

I just upgraded from 3.0.2 using the AUR package on Arch Linux ARM (Raspberry Pi 4B), and OH doesn’t start since. Running /usr/share/openhab3/karaf_wrapper.sh server manually only produces one probably unrelated line:

org.ops4j.pax.url.wrap [org.ops4j.pax.url.commons.handler.HandlerActivator] DEBUG : Handler for protocols [wrap] started

and the log files in /var/log/openhab3/ stay completely empty. The Karaf console starts fine and is accessible over SSH, but there’s no trace of OpenHAB itself.

I downgraded back to 3.0.2 for the time being and everything’s working fine again. Does anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: Alright, after deleting /var/lib/openhab3/tmp/ and /var/lib/openhab3/cache/ everything works fine.

@Kai it seems the automation bundle links in the github release notes are broken.

Thanks for the hint! I’ve fixed them now!

1 Like

Hello,

since openHAB 3.1 the new JavaScript Scripting automation add-on is available for using ECMA - 262 Edition 9.
With the new add-on installed, I have problems with importing openHAB host classes for actions like executeCommandLine. In openHAB 3.0, I was able to load the openHAB classes with:

// import Exec class
var Exec = Java.type('org.openhab.core.model.script.actions.Exec')
// import NotificationAction class
var NotificationAction = Java.type('org.openhab.io.openhabcloud.NotificationAction')
// execute a command line
Exec.executeCommandLine('echo hello')

It always worked well, but now I am observing these errors:

org.graalvm.polyglot.PolyglotException: TypeError: Access to host class org.openhab.core.model.script.actions.Exec is not allowed or does not exist.
org.graalvm.polyglot.PolyglotException: TypeError: Access to host class org.openhab.io.openhabcloud.NotificationAction is not allowed or does not exist.

How can I access these classes now?
As I need these Java classes, I am still using the old script enging based on ECMA - 262 Edition 5.1, but I would like to use ECMA - 262 Edition 9 for the new ECMA features.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT 1
The problem is not with my configuration as I was observing the problem above on a fresh openHAB install witth nealy no configuration. My problem is that I am not even able to import any openHAB Java class by Java.type('classname').
Importing a normal Java class like let BigDecimal = Java.type('java.math.BigDecimal') works.

openHAB classes only work with aliased names:

// import itemRegistry with the classname from the openHAB javadoc
let itemRegistry = Java.type('org.openhab.core.items.ItemRegistry') // throws an error as above
// import itemRegistry with an alias (I have this solution from the openHAB community)
let itemRegistry = require('@runtime').itemRegistry // does work

This returns:

itemRegistry: org.openhab.core.internal.items.ItemRegistryImpl@7dbb7e8e

My problem is now, that I do not know how to import the other openHAB classes as I do not know how they are aliased.
So how can I found out which aliases to use for what class?

I have the same problem.

Can’t tell for sure but I’d guess you didn’t properly configure the whitelist as is needed for executeCommand().

People, please, again: don’t post any of your issues in this thread unless you have identified them to be specific to 3.1 and a generic problem to potentially affect everybody, i.e. not caused by your config or rules. Open your own thread, please.

1 Like

but executeCommandLine is used which does not require whitelisting.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer, but my problem with importing Java classes is with every openHAB Java class.
I have edited my original post.

Just upgraded from latest 3.0.x to 3.1 on my production system. Big mistake.

OpenHab is down, UI not reachable after reboot, OpenHab logs empty, nothing OpenHab specific ins syslog that I can see. OpenHab service is shown as active.

The only thing that looks suspicious is a bunch of FireMotD related parsing errors in syslog. Any suggestions?

Tx!

Update: Updated FireMotD via openhabian-config, FireMotD errors gone, OpenHab still down with empty logs (length = 0), absolutely nothing in system logs that I can find…

Update 2: eventually got resolved with a bit of fiddling, thanks to a hint from Wolfgang_S, for details see this thread:

Hi all! in my case I had to rollback to 3.1.0 M5 again since after updating (done the upgrade and then after it failed I did a complete install from start) OH didn’t show any of my things.
I’m using a things file. The file was the exact same used in M5, in fact after the rollback I used the same file.
The only “customizations” I’m using is that I use the Sony TV binding, but I don’t think that it is the issue since if it doesn’t work it just doesn’t work but OH will work anyway (happened before). I also use a script for Tuya lamps.

Saddly I cannot upload the log because I had to rollback and didn’t back it up but this error was shown (it was larger, this is just the beginning that I rescued from my google search history)

`

[WARN ] [ab.core.thing.type.ThingTypeRegistry] - bundle org.openhab.core.thing:3.1.0

And also this was part of the error:

openhab ThingTypeRegistry(247)] : Could not get service from ref

`

7 posts were split to a new topic: openHAB not starting after upgrade 2 → 3

I managed to fix my problem by uninstalling some dependencies stated in the Sony TV binding thread. It was this binding after all.
OH 3.1.0 is working now.

Check my post there if you are having issues like mine:

1 Like